Contribute
Register

How to get Apple Cinema display to work-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link if I can't get past this I will install iboot + MultiBeast instead of UniBeast- and make adjustments for Nvidia. I have snow leopard, but I was hoping to jump right to Lion. I'll research this a bit more and see what I can do. Thanks!
Heather

Sorry about the graphics card mixup...

Try to boot with:
npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=no -v

Report back where it 'hangs'

What I also have done in the past, is to put the correct DSDT for your board in the /extra folder of your UniBeast stick

No problem at all, psydafke. I really appreciate your help with this. I just booted it with npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=no -v and I got a bunch of scrolling text and it seemed to get stuck.

I then dropped the DSDT for my mother board in the ESC foler, and tried it again. The same thing happened.

Then I tried booting with this:
npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Now my computer is stuck with the grey background and grey Apple...

When booting with -v, what are the last lines that you see?
Can you take a pic of it?

Absolutely. I'm out of town until tomorrow night so I'll post the pic then. Thanks again for your help and patience.
Heather

No problem, that is what this community is for :)

Okay, I'm back at it again! The last lines I see is: Still waiting for root devices

hackintosh.JPG

Attachments

• hackintosh.JPG
    hackintosh.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
Still waiting for root device is often solved when using the "npci=0x3000" kernel flag at boot. Strange that it hangs there.
If you boot with the UniBeast stick, and select your harddrive... does it boot then?
If it does, make sure to put your downloaded DSDT on the desktop (rename to DSDT.aml) and run the latest MultiBeast with System Utilities and UserDSDT selected.
That does the minimum fixes.
If that works, you can worry about sound, gpu, etc.

psydafke said:
Still waiting for root device is often solved when using the "npci=0x3000" kernel flag at boot. Strange that it hangs there.
If you boot with the UniBeast stick, and select your harddrive... does it boot then?
If it does, make sure to put your downloaded DSDT on the desktop (rename to DSDT.aml) and run the latest MultiBeast with System Utilities and UserDSDT selected.
That does the minimum fixes.
If that works, you can worry about sound, gpu, etc.
Npci is for the PCI Root Configuration begin issue. ;) PCIRootUID=1 could be the answer for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back