Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I finished my build, and it powers up beautifully - but my Apple cinema (2006) won't power on. Is this incompatible or is there a way to get this to fire up so I can begin my Unibeast install? Thank you!
Heather

i7 2700K
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
EVGA GTX 560 ti 1gb
16GB Vengeance
OCZ 750w PSU
450 Wireless N PCI Express adapter TL-WDN4800

I have a cinema display screen 2008, and it worked without problems, I do not need any kext or arrangement, with all its features, audio, camera and USB hub, I think your problem may be in your video card

Thanks for your reply, jspec. Which graphics card do you have?
Heather

Pluging in an other port? Or is it working with Windows?

Heather D said:
Thanks for your reply, jspec. Which graphics card do you have?

I have a ati radeon hd 6870 ATI Radeon HD 6870
41pQ86uLyyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-MINIDP-PCI-E-HD687AZHFC/dp/B005C31F2M/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337525187&sr=1-2?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have the display connected directly to the video card with a Mini DisplayPort

81F57WhZMSL._AA1500_.jpg

Okay, I got it now. One of the dvi ports is not working. I got into the bios and made adjustments, but now I have a message that reads Nvidia patch rom failed. Has anyone heard of this?

Heather

When do you get that message?
must be some string in your org.chameleon.boot.plist
It doesn't need to be in there since you are using an ATI card...
If you have any doubt, just post your boot.plist; also a screenshot/picture of the message would be handy to help.

greetz,

D.

Thanks for helping me during this crisis (minor crisis, I hope) psydafke. My graphics card is the Evga GTX 560 ti. I get the message after I save my bios settings and then try and boot from Unibeast. After I hit enter to boot Unibeast, I get that message and then my computer looks as though it's booting as the Apple pops up, but it never goes to the next phase. Where can I access my boot.plist? Help!

Try to using GraphicsEnabler=No, just type at the Unibeast screen and Enter.

I did see that in the directions but didn't realize I could type at that point. I'm clearly a newbie! So now I no longer get the Nvidia rom patching failed, but instead it looks as though it's about to boot and then on top of the Apple there's a circle with a slash through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back