Contribute
Register

How to get a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT for less than $1000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trs96

Motherboard
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Buy a pre-built AMD system at Newegg.com In all honesty it's probably better to wait until the Crypto bubble breaks. Then you can buy one for a more reasonable price. If you have to get one now this is just one option.

I can't guarantee that you'll get the Gigabyte Branded card but one reviewer said that's what was in his.

When you add up the value of all the other components you'll get the RX 5700XT for much less than buying it by itself right now.

One Newegg seller is asking $1400 for one of these. Way overpriced.

Screen Shot.jpg

Last edited:
When it was below 500 USD...

What's the shortage due to this time, the pandemic or is it still crypto currency mining?

The pandemic started it. I saw people at the local retailer lining up for new home pc systems due to work at home orders. Many of those probably were using or sharing with their kids and had to buy new systems. The kids are now at home too with remote learning. As this went on people had more time to run two or three systems and start mining rigs (no longer at the office). Stimulus money and rent forgiveness could also play a role in the financing of these miner startups.
It’s the perfect storm but there is one bright side. DDR4 memory is at a great price point so buy it now.

What's the shortage due to this time, the pandemic or is it still crypto currency mining?
Some of both. Probably more due to Crypto prices going sky high. Even before the big end of 2020 run up in prices it was hard to get the newest AMD and Nvidia offerings. Now you can't even get an RX 570 or 580 at anywhere near retail price, if you can find one.

I saw people at the local retailer lining up for new home pc systems due to work at home orders. Many of those probably were using or sharing with their kids and had to buy new systems.
This is also one reason why Apple sold more Macs in 2020 than the previous three years. Too bad so many of them have the poor quality 720p webcams built in. They are an investment that holds their value more than Windows PC desktops and laptops do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back