Contribute
Register

How to Fix the vtd[0] fault error (VT-x working)

Motherboard
ECS H81H3-M4
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
There some PCs that have troubles with the VT-x and VT-d technology in macOS, and the only solution that probably you find is use the dart=0 arg to boot the OS. But we lose the posibility to use the intel hardware virtualization in our PC. When we don't use this fix we see a message saying "vtd[0] fault error" and then we got a kernel panic.
But I found a solution for this problem. And it's really easy.

How to enable VT-x on macOS
1. Open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI partition, open your config.plist file and select the ACPI section.
2.Go to the Drop Table box and add a new signature with the + .
3. Select the table "DMAR"
4. Now, go to the Boot section and deselect the "dart=0" arg and save your config.plist.
5. Finally reboot, get into the UEFI options and check that VT-x is on. Save and reboot.

6. Now boot macOS with -v arg and see if everything is working.

7. And that's all. You got VT-x working on macOS.

If you can't boot macOS, just boot Clover, go to ACPI tables, Drop tables and deselect DMAR. Then go to boot args and write again dart=0. Now you can't boot like before.

Motherboard
ECS H61H2-MV
CPU
Intel core i7 2600
Graphics
Asus R7 240 2GB
Mac
Mac Pro
There some PCs that have troubles with the VT-x and VT-d technology in macOS, and the only solution that probably you find is use the dart=0 arg to boot the OS. But we lose the posibility to use the intel hardware virtualization in our PC. When we don't use this fix we see a message saying "vtd[0] fault error" and then we got a kernel panic.
But I found a solution for this problem. And it's really easy.

How to enable VT-x on macOS
1. Open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI partition, open your config.plist file and select the ACPI section.
2.Go to the Drop Table box and add a new signature with the + .
3. Select the table "DMAR"
4. Now, go to the Boot section and deselect the "dart=0" arg and save your config.plist.
5. Finally reboot, get into the UEFI options and check that VT-x is on. Save and reboot.

6. Now boot macOS with -v arg and see if everything is working.

7. And that's all. You got VT-x working on macOS.

If you can't boot macOS, just boot Clover, go to ACPI tables, Drop tables and deselect DMAR. Then go to boot args and write again dart=0. Now you can't boot like before.
Work great for me, no "dart=0" anymore. Thanks man

Motherboard
HP 6300
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I’m trying to get this to work out my setup with no luck so far. When I try to revert my changes in Clover I don’t see the option to deselect DMAR.

Using dart=0 alone will not allow proper startup.

I’m running Clover 2.4k rev 4658

Any suggestions?

[UPDATE] I got it all solved. Turns out the problem was with an update to Clover.

Last edited: