Contribute
Register

How to Fix the Problem [PCI Configuration Begin]

Has this worked for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the apple logo and spinning thing disappears after about 20 seconds of it and then I wait a couple of minutes and hole the power button but not until it turns off and the after a couple of seconds I hit the power button again and it shuts off, I then instantly hit the power button again and the OS 10.6.8 desktop comes straight up and my hackintosh runs like normal...will this guide fix my problem? any help is appreciated A LOT! :D

flyboyqw said:
This is confirmed not to work on the Acer Aspire 4743G hackintosh. First of all, you need to run Tony's UpdateHelper and then reboot before running the 10.6.8 combo update. Otherwise you will get a KP due to a bug in IoPlatformPluginFamily.kext. After I do that before installing the update, and then follow your instructions, my laptop hangs at IOUSBFamily...

Please advice

EDIT:
I have fixed it now. See my post in this thread:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31978&p=203152#p203152
Do you mind if I add this to my first post so that people don't have to search around?

YES! This worked for me. I have an i7 2600K, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, and a GeForce GTX 560Ti. I'm pretty sure my gfx card was giving me the PCI error, but not anymore. Thank you!!! :)

I had a fully working lion. I then disconnected the disk and installed win8 on another disk. Now I want to go back to my lion but i am getting the pci configuration begin error. It was fully working before.
When I first installed lion i also got the error but removing my sd card reader solved it.Could a bios update affect my custome dsdt and cause the error.
Any trouble shooting help would be appreciated I thing i read every thread on the net about this issue.

I've been trying to follow the steps in the first post but am having no luck. I also noticed some differences which I thought I'd ask about.

I'm running an i5-750, MSI P55-GD65, Nvidia 9600GT, 8GB OCZ RAM. I've had a fully functional 10.6.6 but can't upgrade to 10.6.8.

I've installed the 10.6.8 update and run Multibeast. However, the original post was using 3.8.0 whereas the current version is 3.9.1. Having run Multibeast I don't see /Extra/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext so I'm already diverging from the steps.

Why can't I see this kext? Was it something specific to 3.8.0?

Do I need to delete any old kexts from any folders due to the fact that I'm upgrading from an old Multibeast install and not from fresh?

Thanks.

Ah, the curse of nothing at all working until right after you post a question. All is fine now. Re-cloned and tried again and this time it worked.

Tried to follow the steps as best I could:
(i) updated to 10.6.8
(ii) ran MB 3.9.1 without selecting System Utilities, selecting all usual options
(iii) installed kexts from first post
(iv) rebooted and then set up for 64-bit boot.

Thanks.

MSI P55-GD65
Core i5-750
9600GT
8GB OCZ RAM

Didn't work for me. I followed everything, but still stuck at the "[ PCI Configuration begin ]" screen.

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite U500 Core i5 430M laptop. I can get OSX to install and work fine, minus WiFi and sound, until I install 10.6.8. After I install 10.6.8, no matter if I run MultiBeast and follow the instruction in OP, I always get the "PCI Config begin" hang. There is just something in 10.6.8 that this laptop doesn't like. I have tried all different boot options, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=no, busratio=17, cpus=1, maxmem=4096. Nothing works.

Oh well, time to go to Linux again.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
It fixed my GA H55 UD3H.

So What happens if IOPCIFamily.kext is not in Extra/Extensions?

And how do i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back