i7-8700
Graphics
R9-380
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
MB Gigabyte Z390 UD 300 Series
CPU Intel i7-8700 with fan that came with it.
Ram (4) 8gb 2133 pc4 17000 ddr4 for 32gb total
Video Amd 7950 Vapor-x 3gb using Dual HP W2071d (20 in.) monitors
OSX 10.14.4 on 240gb Intel SSD 545s
700W EVGA PS

Bios setup:
Load Optimized defaults
Bios:
Windows 8/10 Features=Other OS
Peripherals:
Super I/O--Disable serial port
USB Configuration-XHCI Handoff=Enabled
Chipset:
VT-d=disabled
I had a problem with the UniBeast Install. I would get to the "13 min left in install" about 20 seconds after this the machine would reboot. At first I thought this was normal--however after rebooting 4 or 5 times with no forward progress I realized this was not normal. I played with it for a couple of days. I also tried another SSD with the same results.
Finally I just booted a SuperDuper backup of 10.14.4 to the SSD i was trying to install to and the system came up fine. ?????
Anyway after that all was as normal.

I do have one minor problem---when I shut down Mojave my motherboard keeps re-booting. If anyone knows how to get it to just shutdown I would like to here the solution please.
I have another SSD in the mail, I will try again. Does anyone have a solution for the constant re-booting.
The new SSD will not install either but will work fine with a superduper restore???

Thanks
Hackintoshboy

4-26-19 Today I discovered none of my usb 3.0 ports work. I tried 3rd party usb and usbinjectall. no luck
Has anybody got usb rear panel to work on mojave 14.4 for this MB???
4-27-19 Thank You jbarnette for your stated fix of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efiplus USBInjectall and Remove XHCI USB port limit
All of my USB ports now work and my machine shuts down without re-booting
I now have a completely working Mojave 10.14.4 on my Gigabyte Z390 UD MB.

Tech support--This fix works great--pass it along to all Z390 UD owners and add to Unibeast install.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for your documentation on this motherboard. I Bought this mobo a week ago and after some struggling and switching hard drives I kind of managed to get things running. Now I try to figure out what you did to solve my problems with this mobo. Now my questions are (hope you are willing to clarify some more)
  • What boot loader do you use with what settings? I installed Mojave on an original Mac and then swapped harddrives with this mobo. When mounting with the unibeast usb stick it works ok (graphics are a bit off, for example in safari the tabs are black until I hover over them) but when I run multibeast over this harddrive my screen gets black as soon as the loading screen is done (so when the Mac booted)
  • (How) did you manage to get sound working?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for your documentation on this motherboard. I Bought this mobo a week ago and after some struggling and switching hard drives I kind of managed to get things running. Now I try to figure out what you did to solve my problems with this mobo. Now my questions are (hope you are willing to clarify some more)
  • What boot loader do you use with what settings? I installed Mojave on an original Mac and then swapped harddrives with this mobo. When mounting with the unibeast usb stick it works ok (graphics are a bit off, for example in safari the tabs are black until I hover over them) but when I run multibeast over this harddrive my screen gets black as soon as the loading screen is done (so when the Mac booted)
  • (How) did you manage to get sound working?
Thanks in advance.
aquilaa,
I used whatever multibeast 11.3 installs. Sound worked when i selected external speakers from settings after selecting "Applealc" from drivers. (my machine is identified as "imac")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back