Contribute
Register

How to fix PM981 in 10.13.3 (17D47).

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like this will not work with install to PM981, I am still crashing with your kext and SSDT (edited for my device path).

Please do not find me / contact me outside this forum, as the rules do not permit it.
from the rules:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

from the rules:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
I believe in the spirit of this rule very much. I have thousands of posts on ****** and Arch Linux forums, I have dedicated years of my life to helping people with technical issues.

However, it feels deeply wrong to make it impossible for users to find each other outside of the forum to discuss personally what may not be suitable for the forum.

I don't mean to contest the issue overmuch - I very much appreciate the privilege of access to this invaluable resource.

Hopefully my thoughts can be taken into consideration however.

I would leave this to a PM, to avoid taking the thread off topic, but there is no such facility.

Not only the kext, you also need a ssdt, or patched kext won't be loaded. Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

dsgvsn, is this all you had to do to get this drive to work properly?
I bought it a while back and when I discovered this issues I decided to use it for my Windows install instead, but every now and then macOS still crashes from NVMe incompatibility with this drive and it's driving me insane, there's nothing I can do short of removing it

10.13.5 work now.
Do you use HACKrNVMeFamily and SSDT only?

With this (my own SSDT obviously) I can see whole disk, but still crash every few minutes when using, with 10.13 installer.

Hey guys, Mojave 10.14 public beta released. Any positive news for PM981?

Have not tried 10.14 yet myself.

Since 970 Evo should be very similar to PM981, I'm wondering if spoofing the 970 Evo is possible / a good way to go.

Do you use HACKrNVMeFamily and SSDT only?

With this (my own SSDT obviously) I can see whole disk, but still crash every few minutes when using, with 10.13 installer.
as I understood, in case of these SSD installing won't work, you have to get working system on external USB3 drive, and then clone it. And while booting from ext drive and enabling NVme will still cause panics if you use native kexts. I am still waiting to try dsgvsn files with my installation to see if it will solve it (currently my laptop is not with me).
I don't know about spoofing 970 Evo - what I know that no one has problems with it, so better just change to this drive if we'll not see any improvement.
I've seen on some Chinese forums that 10.14 fixed PM981, but have no idea if it's not fake info

as I understood, in case of these SSD installing won't work, you have to get working system on external USB3 drive, and then clone it. And while booting from ext drive and enabling NVme will still cause panics if you use native kexts. I am still waiting to try dsgvsn files with my installation to see if it will solve it (currently my laptop is not with me).
I don't know about spoofing 970 Evo - what I know that no one has problems with it, so better just change to this drive if we'll not see any improvement.
I've seen on some Chinese forums that 10.14 fixed PM981, but have no idea if it's not fake info
I tried 10.14 but can't get my keyboard/mouse to work (PS2, using VoodooPS2Controller).
USB keyboard/mouse aren't working either.
I'll let you know if I find out about the PM981.

Still looking for PM981 to be fixed... (and a tutorial on how to boot it if you have a very old desktop x58 motherboard with a pcie card adapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back