Contribute
Register
Hello Jay,

@tebogo,

It could be an issue with your Apple_ID ... suggestions :-

1. Check your Apple ID using the tips in Chapter 3.1, try password reset ... etc

Changed my Apple-ID, tried to login in iMessage. First it seems a success, I'm asked to change my 2FA password.
After changing the 2FA password, back to same problem.

2. if still not working create a new user account on OSX and log into new account

3. Try iMessage with existing AppleID

Yes, this works!!!

So, ID's for OS X .. SmUUID, OSX S/N MLB & ROM must be ok.
So how to fix the previous account? Back to Chapter 3.3??
As I already did that a few times, and it works with an other user account, it looks there must be other files which need to be deleted...

Any suggestions?

Thanks so far!

Tebogo

Last edited:
So, ID's for OS X .. SmUUID, OSX S/N MLB & ROM must be oké.
So how to fix the previous account? Back to Chapter 3.3??

@tebogo,

Correct ..... all your System ID's must be fine ... check that you deleted the 'imessage.bag' file .... try repeating Chapter 3.3, you could try deleting the user library (Caches, Prefs ..etc) files on your original account via the new account as they will be fully closed .... if it still does not work i would backup your user data, delete the old user account and then create it again, it will be probably be quicker than trying to figure out whats wrong with existing account but if you do sort it post some feedback.

Cheers
Jay

I have done everything in this guide. I generated a basic MLB, generated a random ROM, changed my SMUUID, and deleted all the files mentioned. When I go to sign into iMessage, it gives me a customer code even after I called Apple Support and told the rep my code. When I sign into iMessage I am still given that same code and told to call Apple with it. Anyone else experiencing this???

Edit: Do I need to wait for some tokens to expire or something?

Last edited:
I tried to fix message using clover configurator. I used a ROM and MLB value from my iMac mid 2011. I rebooted and was prompted to enter Apple-ID password. I could now enter iMesseges. However, when i try to send a message to someone else than my self, it says: message not delivered or XXXX is not registered with imessage.

I've rebooted and am currently stuck. Any thoughts?

I'm also having the same problem. Was working fine last week. Using ROM and MLB from genuine Mac. I can login with no issues. All contacts say that they aren't registered with iMessage. Tried resetting Messages config files (3.3) and still nothing.

I fixed my problem. I changed the Model Identifier to match the same one from I got the ROM and MLB values from. Kept the same ROM and MLB values from my genuine mac. Generated a new serial (11 characters), new uuid and new board serial number (17 characters). Cleaned Messages config files (3.3). Rebooted and all my contacts are registered on iMessage again. Hope this helps someone.

I find this guide a bit overwhelming and wanting a guide on how to get iMessage working without using the clover method that i can follow? or is the clover method the only solution at the moment?

any guide would be appreciated :)

I have done everything in this guide. I generated a basic MLB, generated a random ROM, changed my SMUUID, and deleted all the files mentioned. When I go to sign into iMessage, it gives me a customer code even after I called Apple Support and told the rep my code. When I sign into iMessage I am still given that same code and told to call Apple with it. Anyone else experiencing this???

Edit: Do I need to wait for some tokens to expire or something?

@ahyatt645,

I don't think it will be a Tonken issue, try creating a new user account on OS X and give iMessage a-go with your existing Apple ID see Post #3863 and the followup ....

Cheers
Jay

I fixed my problem. I changed the Model Identifier to match the same one from I got the ROM and MLB values from. Kept the same ROM and MLB values from my genuine mac. Generated a new serial (11 characters), new uuid and new board serial number (17 characters). Cleaned Messages config files (3.3). Rebooted and all my contacts are registered on iMessage again. Hope this helps someone.

Hey, thank you for your response. How do you change your UUID?

I find this guide a bit overwhelming and wanting a guide on how to get iMessage working without using the clover method that i can follow? or is the clover method the only solution at the moment?

pcwizard7,

The guide may seem overwhelming but fixing iMessage can be a real PIA which is why there is so much information. You should think of it as a OS X/iMessage Tool Box rather than a guide, it attempts to explain the reasons for iMessage issues so that you learn .... the guide explains how to fix iMessage issues using a Legacy Boot loader or Clover, However Clover is the future and it's worth the effort .... with a on-line nickname of 'pcwizard' .... I would have thought you would be up for expanding your knowledge ...

Cheers
Jay

Hey, thank you for your response. How do you change your UUID?

@sirretv,

Chapter 5 explains everything you need know about uuid's and how to generate and inject a new SmUUID/System_Id

Cheers
Jay

I find it absolutely mind numbing the amount of people asking for help when everything to get iMsg working is covered extensively in the guide. I personally feel some are not even trying to help them selves or just gives up after reading a couple of lines and then post for help expecting to be spoon fed, I suspect Jay has spent most of the festive season and some, trying to get us all back on line and the least we can do is to read his Guide and try to decipher the bit that pertains to ones particular problem, I am no spring chicken and if I can do it anyone can. One thing I would advocate when you feel your iMsg setup is right, run iMsg Debugger a few times between re-boots before attempting to connect to the iMsg/Ftime services just to insure your values are constant also very very important - DON'T do the setup wirelessly, for your values to remain constant, the initial setup MUST be done with your Ethernet Cable plugged into your modem. Sorry if I come across a bit harsh or condescending its not intentional, but some us need to help our selves before criticising the Guide. Good Luck.

Back