Contribute
Register
I can't believe I got mine fixed too like 15 minutes ago! I've been trying for weeks off and on again to get this working, always checking this Guide to see if there has been an update, trying new techniques as they've been mentioned but still nothing. At one point I almost gave up but my terrible habit of never letting things go got the best of me and I kept trying and trying and finally I just started the whole process over by regenerating my System Definition, smUUID, ROM and MLB and low 'n behold it works!!

I feel such a relief that it works now. I should also note that I have 2FA turned on for my account so it becomes increasingly more annoying having to generate app-specific passwords, but its all worth it in the end for better security.
Yep, I also turned on 2FA before realizing the fix I applied that made it start working again. I already use Google 2FA, LastPass, and LastPass 2FA with an authenticator, and I didn't even know Apple was offering 2FA, so it was a nice surprise for me.

Is it normal that even though I'm getting a "contact support" message that my iPhone tells me I've sign into iMessage on another device?

Hello Jay,

Thanks for the reply,

I tried your suggestions:
I assume that you are trying to connect via WiFi .... if so ... turn off wireless and connect to your LAN via Ethernet if possible and try again ...

No effect ;-(

Try resetting local account info and server plists ...

Enable 'Show all Files', open finder and navigate to :-

Code:
/StartupDrive/Users/~Username/Library/Preferences

Delete the following files :-

• com.apple.ids.service.com.apple.madrid.plist
  • com.apple.imessage.bag.plist
Empty trash, reboot and try again.

Managed to delete these and other files (Chapter: 3.3 Reset iMessage Configuration files) by deleting the files, reboot in single user mode, use cmd
Code:
sudo rm -rf ˜/.Trash/
followed with normal boot, and then empty the Trash-bin.

It solved the twice prompt for iCloud password related to [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.multiplex1] and [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.maps] ;-)

But the iMessage and FaceTime errors are still there:

iMessage:

identityservicesd[462]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x............): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID:

identityservicesd[462]: [Warning] Needs deletion: NO (Registration info (0x............): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID:

FaceTime:

identityservicesd[462]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x............): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID:

identityservicesd[462]: [Warning] Needs deletion: NO (Registration info (0x7fd9b3752ef0): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID:

FaceTime[633]: [Warning] Attempting to delete a non iMessage account IMAccount: 0x............ [ID: .............................................. Service: IMService[FaceTime] Login: (null) Active: NO LoginStatus: Offline]

The last one is very strange, because I'm online, and why "Attempting to delete a non iMessage account...."

Other suggestion??

Thank you!

It solved the twice prompt for iCloud password related to [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.multiplex1] and [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.maps] ;-)

But the iMessage and FaceTime errors are still there:

The last one is very strange, because I'm online, and why "Attempting to delete a non iMessage account...."

Other suggestion??

Thank you!

How did you fix the double login prompt for icloud? I just started seeing that earlier today. And how did you get the log files for messages? I get the customer code when I try to log in. I was going to use the ROM and MLB of a Mac mini 1,1 I have but the mlb serial was 1. Which is weird.

How did you fix the double login prompt for icloud? I just started seeing that earlier today. And how did you get the log files for messages? I get the customer code when I try to log in. I was going to use the ROM and MLB of a Mac mini 1,1 I have but the mlb serial was 1. Which is weird.

By deleting all files com.apple.ids.service.com.apple.private.alloy.multiplex1.* and com.apple.idsservice.com.apple.private.alloy.maps.* following Chapter 3.3 and in detail the part
Resetting the Security Service settings :-

After a 'glitch' in Apples backend servers that occurred sometime around the 8th or 9th of August 2014 many users found that they were unable to reactivate iMessage despite following the above and the other tips in this guide, the following fix the issue for myself :-

With 'Show all Files' enabled navigate to:-

Code:
/StartupDrive/Users/~Username/Library/PreferencesDelete all files beginning with the following prefixes:-

•com.apple.identityserviced
•com.apple.ids.service
•com.apple.security.

This should always be done in conjunction with all of the above deletions ....

Some users have found that they were unable to delete the some of the id and security plists because they are being accessed by the associated serives. If you find this is the case, open Activity Monitor and try killing the following services :-

•identityserviced
•imagent
•securityd
•securityd_serviceand

Try deleting the files again (you may have to try the above a few times before it works) if all else fails you can boot OS X in single use mode and delete the files using terminal commands.

Where the command used in terminal mode is:
Code:
sudo rm -rf ˜/.Trash/

The infomation is found in System.log which you can find in Console. Set filter on "iMessage" and you'll find the loggings for iMessage..

Good luck,
Tebogo

Managed to delete these and other files (Chapter: 3.3 Reset iMessage Configuration files) by deleting the files, reboot in single user mode .... It solved the twice prompt for iCloud password .... But the iMessage and FaceTime errors are still there

@tebogo,

It could be an issue with your Apple_ID ... suggestions :-

1. Check your Apple ID using the tips in Chapter 3.1, try password reset ... etc

2. if still not working create a new user account on OSX and log into new account

3. Try iMessage with existing AppleID

4. If still not working try creating new a new temporary Apple_ID and test iMessage with that.

5. If none of the above works then it could mean that one or more of your system ID's is black-listed, in which case it is best to start again, disconnect from internet ... generate a full set of new ID's for OS X .. SmUUID, OSX S/N MLB & ROM (try a different NIC MAC address .. it does not have to be from the same machine). Check that new ID's are correct and valid and persistent ... if ok - reset all configuration files using method in Chapter 3.3 .. connect to internet and try iMessage .... hopefully you will get Contact Apple and Customer code ... Call Apple ... give them your genuine Macbook S/N if asked.. tell them you have an iMessage issue and a code...etc as per advice in Chapter 8

Good Luck
Jay

Where the command used in terminal mode is:
Code:
sudo rm -rf ˜/.Trash/

@tebogo,

Thanks for posting the above console command, been meaning to add that to the end of that chapter for a while now ... updated that section of the guide today.

Cheers
Jay

I tried to fix message using clover configurator. I used a ROM and MLB value from my iMac mid 2011. I rebooted and was prompted to enter Apple-ID password. I could now enter iMesseges. However, when i try to send a message to someone else than my self, it says: message not delivered or XXXX is not registered with imessage.

I've rebooted and am currently stuck. Any thoughts?

I'm also having the same problem. Was working fine last week. Using ROM and MLB from genuine Mac. I can login with no issues. All contacts say that they aren't registered with iMessage. Tried resetting Messages config files (3.3) and still nothing.

When I attempt to register iMessage, i generate a app-specific password and it looks to be successful, it shows my account and other emails where I can be reached but then it immediately throws a pop=-up saying could not sign into iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again.

the only thing i noticed in iMessageDebug was the last 2 lines were blank. how do i populate them?
Code:
       oycqAZloTNDm: 0000000000000000000000000000000000
       abKPld1EcMni: 0000000000000000000000000000000000

When I attempt to register iMessage, i generate a app-specific password and it looks to be successful, it shows my account and other emails where I can be reached but then it immediately throws a pop=-up saying could not sign into iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again.

the only thing i noticed in iMessageDebug was the last 2 lines were blank. how do i populate them?
Code:
       oycqAZloTNDm: 0000000000000000000000000000000000
       abKPld1EcMni: 0000000000000000000000000000000000

@ho11ywood45,

Yup, thats a problem, those keys are normaly generated automatically during boot up, Check SmUUID injection and that Hardware (Platform) UUID looks good, try going off-line and trying new SmUUID and test again using iMessage Debug V2 once those keys have values and are persistent try iMessage again.

Cheers
Jay

Back