Contribute
Register
@All,

Apologies to all but i have to take the guide off-line while we do the update to Version 2.0 please be patient, normal service will be resumed soon ...

The new version is indexed and re-structured, i've made a start on re-wording certain chapters and will continue to work on bringing the different sections in-line with current iMessage methods over the next few days, the guide should be easer to maintain now that it's split into separate sections.

Cheers
Jay

Update: 16:45 GMT - Version 2.0 now on-line

Sounds like maybe your File NVRAM wasn't installed correctly? I'm using Clover though (which I highly recommend) and was able to get iMessage working on a new machine with unique IDs (not cloned) without much frustration.

Anyhow, found this from a post on this page: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/153259-filenvram-modded-os-x-yosemite-fix-imessage-using-chameleon-chimera.html

Should we expect an updated File NVRAM to be included in the next release of either MultiBeast or Chimera standalone? Now that NVRAM has been updated, and the previous restrictions are off of iMessage, there shouldn't be any issues...

Last edited:
@All,

Apologies to all but i have to take the guide off-line while we do the update to Version 2.0 please be patient, normal service will be resumed soon ...

The new version is indexed and re-structured, i've made a start on re-wording certain chapters and will continue to work on bringing the different sections in-line with current iMessage methods over the next few days, the guide should be easer to maintain now that the guide is split into different sections.

Cheers
Jay

Update: 16:45 GMT - Version 2.0 now on-line

You're really a star, best support thread ever :headbang:

esafeddie haha I'm back for good now how ever I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5 on the pretty much same hardware and i attempted with iMessage and the outcome of that it just logged me straight in
:):thumbup:

So I ran iMessage debug and everything from Model to BoardSerialNumber matches. Only 3 out of 5 of the strings on the bottom match though. Is this a problem?

esafeddie haha I'm back for good now how ever I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5 on the pretty much same hardware and i attempted with iMessage and the outcome of that it just logged me straight in
:):thumbup:

Glad to know we didn't lose you - just imagine, you wouldn't have had as much fun if you did get rid of your hardware and took the easy way out (lol). Thats what I like about the Hackintosh scene, over coming the 'It won't work challenges' and the ability to tinker with hardware upgrades when ever the I want to - Anyway jb nice to see you still around.

Haha, how'd you do that. I didn't think it was possible, which is why i bought this $3k Mac.

[...] To use iMessage Debug .... download the attachment from the Files section of the guide and extract, there is no install required, simply double click (or right-click -> Open) in Finder to execute the script. It should open a terminal windows and dump all of the critical iMessage values from the NVRAM Cache including MLB, ROM, Hardware (Platform) UUID, S/N .. etc in a readable form.
View attachment 127668Depending on the version of iMessage debug you use (or if you used the NVRAM command) then the MLB and ROM values may be prefixed by a UUID and will look something like this:-

4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM <xxxxxx...>
4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB xxxxxxx...

Note: Version 1.0 of iMessage Debug surrounds the The ROM value with '<' and '>' and will also insert a space between the 8th and 9th digit, this is a formatting issue and you should ignore these when referencing the ROM Value, just use the 12 Hex numbers.

If the values (xxx..) following these prefixes are incorrect, such as all zeros, null or blank then iMessage will have registration issues. Note that the UUID prefix should not and must not be the same as SM-UUID or Hardware (Platform) UUID - in most cases it will be the same UUID as above which is ok. [...]

Hello Jaymonkey.

I've followed your guide up to this point, and have updated Chameleon to the latest version using Chameleon Wizard, installed fileNVRAM in /Extra/modules (don't know if it is functioning correctly or not), and ran iMessage debug.

The debug returned this:

Code:
              Model: iMac14,1
           Board-id: Mac-031B6874CF7F642A
       SerialNumber: C02KV205F8J2
      Hardware UUID: 4E30379B-8832-5EE1-A4E2-D190AA2797B7

System-ID: 7402D403-3504-1F05-6206-FD0700080009
                ROM: failed
  BoardSerialNumber: failed

Gq3489ugfi: 4c13d3259bccad836c14b3a414494f7684
          Fyp98tpgj: d954b6584ce4c3cb45355f92a981bb613e
         kbjfrfpoJU: 0ce336f5a522abef136f82ccf0f3335144
       oycqAZloTNDm: 0000000000000000000000000000000000
       abKPld1EcMni: 0000000000000000000000000000000000

I also attempted to inject a ROM using this code:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo nvram [/COLOR]4E30379B-8832-5EE1-A4E2-D190AA2797B7[COLOR=#000000]:ROM=%[/COLOR]74%d4%35%1f%62%fd
It has been modified to match my system, the UUID being replaced by the one shown in the debug above, and using the MAC address from my ethernet.
However, the value does not seem to change whatsoever, as re-running debug returns the same results. Even upon reboot.

Attempting to sign into iMessage returns this:

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 12.53.53 PM.png

Any help regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Haha, how'd you do that. I didn't think it was possible, which is why i bought this $3k Mac.

If this was directed at me - I achieved it by using clover as my boot loader and following Jay's guide and by doing so saved my self a boatload ($3k) of money lol.

Wow - that's amazing!

Thank you "jaymonkey" for the really great re-design and re-structured Guide!

Back