Contribute
Register
I'm able to log in, but I can't send or receive any messages and all my buddies' e-mail addresses and phone numbers say that they aren't registered with iMessage.

Clover, 10.10.2, iMac 14.2 sysdef.

Finally found a script for a 17 char MLB gen on page 24 of the IM thread. Is that the one you used? Did it require a call to apple or just worked with your en0 address and an Apple Prefix?

I would just go ahead an generate a 13 char save for one concern: Does anyone know what the factors are that Handoff and continuity require from the system definition/serial # etc. I had seen claims that it required a serial/SMBIOS for a newer mac.
There seems to be

I just built a customac and I wanted to get imessenge to work on yosemite. I know I need to use NVfile patched version and I have the commands to apply the mlb and rom but I don't know If I should use the codes from our office imac (no one uses imessege, facetime, icloud on it so I don't care If it doesnt work on it) or how I'm supposed to generate one by myself?

Not absolutely sure with the new successes, it seems that Clover is needed to make working an installation that was not already working before Apple changes in November.

In my desktop, I have 4 HDD (Data) and 2 SDD (Osx and Win 8.1) and iMessage is working.

No need to reinstall to switch from Chameleon to Clover.
First make an USB boot with Clover and try to start your regular install from it (disable network when you are trying to avoid to send multiple configuration to Apple). When it is working, you can make a duplicate (or a backup) and modify your installation on SSD.
They are many tutorials to explain how to switch from Chameleon to Clover (format of startup file is different, there is a special place for kext, and it is more powerful with the possibility to patch kext on the fly). Not so easy, and need time to understand how to take advantage of the patch on the fly (it is possible to have installs updating without problem as a true Mac).

Thank you for responding. Sorry, I don't fully understood what you meant.

I did create a Clover bootable usb and boot mavericks from it. Then I tried to fix imessage using the Clover method as outlined in this guide but didn't work. UNLESS, maybe I mounted the wrong EFI partition? Which EFI partition should I mount? I believe I mounted the EFI partition of the Clover bootable USB. Should I have mounted the EFI partition of my Mavericks SSD? would that mess up my Chameleon bootloader?

Also, I did have my internet disconnected while trying to fix.

Can you please explain "make a duplicate (or a backup) and modify your installation on SSD". duplicate my clover configurations and use it to modify to my SSD? how can I modify the installation?

Thank you.

kd

i planned to install fresh yosemite with clover bootloader on another drive other than my main Maverick SSD.

I just built a customac and I wanted to get imessenge to work on yosemite. I know I need to use NVfile patched version and I have the commands to apply the mlb and rom but I don't know If I should use the codes from our office imac (no one uses imessege, facetime, icloud on it so I don't care If it doesnt work on it) or how I'm supposed to generate one by myself?

What bootloader are you using? As the guide says, they highly advise you don't use cloned IDs. I am on Clover, iMac14,2 SMBIOS, and Yosemite 10.10.1 with iMessage now working (even handoff even though I don't have bluetooth! I can send/receive SMS texts). I just built this computer in December and never had working iMessage, so my MLB and ROM values are new and not from another Mac.

All I did was follow this guide very carefully. It seems like a lot, and it is, but it's important to find the information relative to your build/bootloader. You learn a lot with some patience... I had to take a break after I got Yosemite finally working on my hackintosh before I even dove into trying to get iMessage working. I followed step 1 5d like the Feb 15th update says to follow. I am using a 12 character serial and 17 character MLB value. For my MLB value in both RT Variables and SMBIOS (Board Serial Number) I just used my serial number and added characters until it added up to 17. I also ran the UUIDGEN Terminal command generator a few times to generate a unique SmUUID. As far as my ROM value in RT Variables, I just used what iMessage debug spat out (since I installed clover correctly, it generated this automatically). NONE of my values are cloned. I did find that the Board Serial Number in SMBIOS and the MLB value field in Rt Variables had to match for it to start working.

@MrSanc8,

You do not need (nor should you use) a genuine S/N from a real Mac to get iMessage to work, Your S/N should be unique,, valid, and not registered as detailed in the guide (Step 3).

As far as I am aware if you are using a MLB and/or ROM value that has never been used with iMessage before then you still have to contact Apple support and get them to white-list/activate your ID's.

There are reports from some users who claim that it was not necessary to contact Apple to get iMessage working but i think in these cases the MLB and/or ROM was already white-listed.

If i understand your post correctly, you are trying to generate a S/N that is registered to use when you call Apple ... but not for your Hack ?

Cheers
Jay

Great information. Just to piggback on needing to get your IDs white-listed, I JUST built this Mac in December and have since never had iMessage working until a few days ago when Jay mentioned iMessage was reported to be working again. I just generated my MLB and ROM values this week and it worked once I restarted and tried to login with my Apple ID. Granted I had to fiddle with it, but following step 5d of part 1 of the guide I was able to get it working in combination of using iMessage debug. All my values are sticking. I'm on Clover and use iMac14,2.

Finally found a script for a 17 char MLB gen on page 24 of the IM thread. Is that the one you used? Did it require a call to apple or just worked with your en0 address and an Apple Prefix?

I would just go ahead an generate a 13 char save for one concern: Does anyone know what the factors are that Handoff and continuity require from the system definition/serial # etc. I had seen claims that it required a serial/SMBIOS for a newer mac.
There seems to be

Handoff is working for me. Built this Mac in December and generated new MLB and ROM values this week. I used my 12 char serial number and just added characters after it until it added up to 17. Made sure MLB was copied both in MLB value field in Rt Variables and also in Board Serial Number in SMBIOS (using clover configurator). When I generated my SMBIOS mac build, I used iMac14,2 and clicked the shake buttons next to week of manufacturer and unit number to generate serial.

Also using iMessage debug, I was able to determine what my ROM value was and just copied that to the ROM value in Rt Variables. Using the sudo terminal command to generate a unique SmUUID, I just ran that a few times.

Anyhow, let me know if you want to PM or something I can tell you what I did- I'm using almost an identical build to yours and everything including handoff is working.

There seems to be

Didn't use the script. Just used both threads

I have followed the guide to creat the SmUUID, BSN, SN, and Rom. After that I got a customer code while trying to log into iMessage.

So, this means that the iMessage has connect to the iMessage sever correctly. Later I made two phone calls today. The operator asked me for the SN and I told her that I was away from home. Then I told her the customer code and she said she had unlock the Apple ID.

However, at present I still get errors occurring when logging as same as before. The iMessage told me a same customer code.

2/25/15 8:09:12.017 PM identityservicesd[251]: [Warning] Registration is not active on account 06AE4E19-4D2D-4D2C-A57B-5371F0308664, ignoring...
getting this error !

Back