Contribute
Register
Jay waiting for ur Version 2 of this thread desperately :beachball::beachball:

Jay waiting for ur Version 2 of this thread desperately :beachball::beachball:

Why ? I dont think the method is going to change just the layout to make it easier to follow.

As long as you are willing to read and understand the full guide you should be able to get imessage working with the current guide.

Why ? I dont think the method is going to change just the layout to make it easier to follow.

As long as you are willing to read and understand the full guide you should be able to get imessage working with the current guide.

Tried lots of post n 2FA method, but still iMessage is not waorking !

So having read all 26 pages of the insanelymac forum on MLB pattern, particularly the part where it says that the advice of taking your S/N and adding characters to equal 17 is WRONG, and having read the guide here that recommends doing exactly that, it appears there is a CONTRADICTION. This guide makes it seem a piece of cake, while the insanely mac thread says that the 17 char MLB serial isn't even fully understood yet. Specifically the 4 characters on either side of the EEE code.

In my initial attempt I generated an iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and serial. I clicked shake plenty of times on the randomizer.
I then did as tonymac suggested and added some characters to it to equal 17 chars to get an MLB value.

I generated a UUID using UUIDGen and placed it in SMBIOS and system parameters. I allowed clover to use the last 6 bytes of this as the ROM value, since that's what it wants to do by default.

So what did I miss?

I have iMessage working using Chameleon and FileNVRAM on Mavericks. However, I switched to Clover for Yosemite and iMessage is not working. How do I copy the working values from my Chameleon/Mavericks partition to my Clover/Yosemite partition?

Can you provide some additional details:
Was the yosemite install an in-place upgrade or a fresh install?
Is your board a UEFI board?

If your upgrade was in place, and you installed clover in UEFI only, you should still be able to boot using chameleon and access your old values via fileNvram. (use imessage debug) save the output.

If your install was fresh, again boot to the old install and do the same as above.

Once you have your values: open clover's config.plist in clover configurator and go to the SMBIOS section.
Copy in your UUID, board serial number (MLB). Clover will use the last 6 bytes of your UUID as the ROM value. If you want to keep your old one, replace the last section of the UUID with your old ROM value.

Also copy your UUID into the system parameters screen and tick the "inject system id" box.

Reboot, and that should do it.

Can you provide some additional details:
Was the yosemite install an in-place upgrade or a fresh install?
Is your board a UEFI board?

If your upgrade was in place, and you installed clover in UEFI only, you should still be able to boot using chameleon and access your old values via fileNvram. (use imessage debug) save the output.

If your install was fresh, again boot to the old install and do the same as above.

Once you have your values: open clover's config.plist in clover configurator and go to the SMBIOS section.
Copy in your UUID, board serial number (MLB). Clover will use the last 6 bytes of your UUID as the ROM value. If you want to keep your old one, replace the last section of the UUID with your old ROM value.

Also copy your UUID into the system parameters screen and tick the "inject system id" box.

Reboot, and that should do it.

It was a fresh install. The board is not UEFI.

I tried copying the values from smbios.plist to Clover:

SMbiosversion -> BiosVersion
SMboardproduct -> Board-ID
SMfamily -> Family
SMproductname -> ProductName
SMserial -> SerialNumber

I also set FixLan_2000 to false because ethernet was en1 and now it is en0.

In the Apple System Report the Model Name, Model Identifier, Hardware UUID and Serial Number are all the same now. I am able to sign in to iMessage but not able to send or receive messages. I will try running iMessage Debug and provide an update

I have iMessage working using Chameleon and FileNVRAM on Mavericks. However, I switched to Clover for Yosemite and iMessage is not working. How do I copy the working values from my Chameleon/Mavericks partition to my Clover/Yosemite partition?

Run iMessage Debug in your Chameleon setup make note of MLB and ROM values and copy these values over to clover Rt Variables.

Can anyone tell me how to manually inject a boardserialnumber ? it seems that its the only thing missing from my configuration.

Using chameleon 2570 and nvram 1.1.4

Anyone ?

PS : Updated to 2578

So having read all 26 pages of the insanelymac forum on MLB pattern, particularly the part where it says that the advice of taking your S/N and adding characters to equal 17 is WRONG, and having read the guide here that recommends doing exactly that, it appears there is a CONTRADICTION. This guide makes it seem a piece of cake, while the insanely mac thread says that the 17 char MLB serial isn't even fully understood yet. Specifically the 4 characters on either side of the EEE code.

In my initial attempt I generated an iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and serial. I clicked shake plenty of times on the randomizer.
I then did as tonymac suggested and added some characters to it to equal 17 chars to get an MLB value.

I generated a UUID using UUIDGen and placed it in SMBIOS and system parameters. I allowed clover to use the last 6 bytes of this as the ROM value, since that's what it wants to do by default.

So what did I miss?

I think the confusion (which was outlined in the thread) is that there was some initial confusion on if the IM website had it correct, so this TM's site was the method (and it worked until Nov '14).

Since then, the IM website has the correct method of figuring out a MLB/ROM/SN so use that method. Everything else, follow this thread.

As for me, my ROM is my Ethernet address but made with an apple manufacturer code.

Of course all of this was detailed in this thread.

Back