Contribute
Register
Cool!

Didn't change anything on my hack since the Apple started making these changes. Read the 2/15 update and logged right back into iMessage and FaceTime. Used Clover and Clover Configurator to create all the IDs. Guess this is the one time doing nothing actually accomplished a lot! Thanks to all the devs for keeping us posted with all the stuff going on!

Nice! I just tried to login to iMessage after reading the latest news and it worked!! I was getting the customer code error before this. Thanks for the info jaymonkey!

I'm using Clover and my ROM & MLB values don't change after reboot.

Working for me. I have to admit the guide is a bit of a clusterfart. It was extremely confusing to follow, and the whole time I was scared I was going to mess something up because of all the notes that were placed throughout the guide.

Here's what I did using Clover configurator. Make sure to mount your EFI, and import your config.plist

1. I generated a UUID by typing "uuidgen" in terminal. I typed this a few times to make sure I got a unique code.

2. I pasted the generated UUID from terminal into "SmUIDD" under the "SMBIOS" section in Configurator.

3. Under the "Rt Variables" tab, I pasted my network's MAC address without the colons (found by going into System preferences - Network - Ethernet - Advanced - Hardware) into "ROM" at the top drop down menu, and my Hacks serial number (followed by a combination of 5 random numbers and letters, example: 5E8F2) into the "MLB" field that's to the right of "ROM".

4. I pressed "calculate", exported the config.plist, and restarted the computer.

5. Ran imessage debug and took a screenshot of the values.

6. Restarted again, and ran imessage debug again to make sure all the values were identical to the screenshot I took. Logged in as soon as I confirmed there were no changes.

What do you mean with "my hacks serial number" mention under point 3?

If that option is missing from your iPhone, then it means you are not logged into iMessage on your hack (well not validated with Apple's servers). You can probably send messages but no one but yourself ever gets them. When my iMessage stopped working this option disappeared. When I got it working again it came back.

I don't have "text message forwarding" on my iPhone 6 and the hack/iMessage is running on 10.9.5! Could it be called something else?

I'm pretty sure this option is only available when running 10.10.x Yosemite. I could be wrong though

I don't think its a requirement to have text forwarding set up to have working iMessage on OS X, it just means if you do have it it will disappear if you have a problem logging in.

@All,

The forwarding of SMS txt msgs between your iPhone and OS X is part of the 'continuity' feature that was introduced in Yosemite OS-X 10.10.0+ which allows for SMS & Phone Calls on OS X via a iPhone

Your iPhone must be running IOS 8.0+. Unfortunately i have iPhone 4 which cant be updated to IOS 8 so have not been able test these features on my own devices, However I have a friend with iPad Air and have used handoff successfully with no issues on my Laptop and Desktop OS X systems that have AW-CE123H WiFi/BT4 mPCIe cards fitted.

As far as i am aware all devices must be logged in to the same WiFi network with the appropriate SMS & Call settings enabled .... I'm pretty certain that Bluetooth also plays a part in handoff and/or continuity requiring a supported Bluetooth 4 LE radio and patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

Cheers
Jay

As far as i am aware all devices must be logged in to the same WiFi network
This is correct for phone calls. However, to be able to send messages from your Mac or another iOS device the separate devices can be on different networks.

with the appropriate SMS & Call settings enabled ....
One of these settings is text message forwarding

I'm pretty certain that Bluetooth also plays a part in handoff and/or continuity requiring a supported Bluetooth 4 LE radio and patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext.
Bluetooth only affects handoff not continuity.

I'm really not sure as to why the option for text message forwarding has disappeared. I'm not sure whether my apple id has be 'flagged' in some way. I will hopefully hear from apple on Monday (it 3:35am Sunday morning here) When I do hear from apple I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Cameron

@ohsht so seems that not everybody have just working iMessage. What's the difference? Why most of people don't haave call code and we have?

I was having issues to before I did the following

In Clover only have ROM and MLB info on RT Variables section...Deleted from SMBIOS area.
Made sure MLB was 13 digits only Hex numbers. I had an M at end of the MLB and changed to 2 .

I set up 2 factor identification from Apple. Easy and all my products work (authentic iMac, iPhone,iPad and my Hack)

Deleted all the files listed in the how to section of this post prior to rebooting.

FaceTime and iMessage working perfect now. (Was getting an error stating the person I was trying to message was not a registered person on Apple).

Hope this helps.

I was having issues to before I did the following

In Clover only have ROM and MLB info on RT Variables section...Deleted from SMBIOS area.
Made sure MLB was 13 digits only Hex numbers. I had an M at end of the MLB and changed to 2 .

I set up 2 factor identification from Apple. Easy and all my products work (authentic iMac, iPhone,iPad and my Hack)

Deleted all the files listed in the how to section of this post prior to rebooting.

FaceTime and iMessage working perfect now. (Was getting an error stating the person I was trying to message was not a registered person on Apple).

Hope this helps.

13 digits long MLB suggests you should have 11 digits S/N too. Am I right?
I'm using 2FA and no change.
Will try cleaning iMessage files again tomorrow.

can someone confirms that clover generates a working S/N?

I've tried several times to generate a unique number, but while checking the number on https://selfsolve.apple.com/wcResults.do the number was always shown as invalid.

Back