Contribute
Register
@mywhitenoise,

Apologies for the length of the guide and the difficulty you had with it. Please remember that it started off as a relatively small post, and it just got bigger and bigger with this thread now over two years old and becoming one of the most visited on the site. It was never my intention for it to become as popular as it has .. it just happened ... seems iMessage issues are a much bigger deal than i ever imagined.

I'm well aware that it can be confusing having all of that information in one massive post, I'm working on Version 2.0 of the guide right now, which will split each section up into separate chapters, there will be a new index and and a quick summary of the status of iMessage activation at the start of the guide there will also be quick navigation icons to move around the different sections and back to the index ... etc

Should be finished in a few days
Cheers
Jay

No need to apologize, without your guide most of us would be scratching our heads, or giving up on iMessage all together. Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this.

Who would have thought listening to JayMonkey and being patient would pay off? (sarcasm) :thumbup:

Left all settings the same from working MLB/ROM Pre-November and saw your post yesterday, signed in, and voila! Thanks for all you do.

I'm unable to send messages today after no changes. Seems like Apple may be monkeying with stuff again. Any tips?

I'm unable to send messages today after no changes. Seems like Apple may be monkeying with stuff again. Any tips?

No issues here on either hack.

:headbang:Thanks for such a detailed and easy to follow guide. You have explained a hard topic in a very easy to follow way. And thanks for explaining what everything dose. I have working iMessage and FaceTime!:headbang:

Thanks again for all your efforts and keeping us up to date. Imessage had been dead since december although everything was working originally with clover and yosemite on both my hacks. Made No changes as you suggested and everything works again.
Thank you. Your guide is the best.

Working again through Clover!

Thanks a million!

Ersterhernd

I will try to get it to work this weekend.

Before I dwell into it, and start researching / reading just two quick questions:

1. Will this work with Chimera ?
2. I don't remember doing anything since I lost it first time on Maverick, I tried it now (since everyone's seems it started working by itself) and it still doesn't work. Do I just follow the guide, from 1st point onward (my BSD name is en1 on a new Yosemite install, and I believe changing that to en0 is the 1. step) ?

@mywhitenoise,

Apologies for the length of the guide and the difficulty you had with it. Please remember that it started off as a relatively small post, and it just got bigger and bigger with this thread now over two years old and becoming one of the most visited on the site. It was never my intention for it to become as popular as it has .. it just happened ... seems iMessage issues are a much bigger deal than i ever imagined.

I'm well aware that it can be confusing having all of that information in one massive post, I'm working on Version 2.0 of the guide right now, which will split each section up into separate chapters, there will be a new index and and a quick summary of the status of iMessage activation at the start of the guide there will also be quick navigation icons to move around the different sections and back to the index ... etc

Should be finished in a few days
Cheers
Jay

We are all immensely grateful for all of your time, work, and thoughtful attention. It's a shame (and a little bit weird) that Messages would be the app that was most tightly locked down (versus, say, iCloud in general, or keychains in particular). Or at least it was, for a while.

Thank you again and I look forward to your new guide! Cheers!

Working fine with clover

Back