Contribute
Register
Any new theories as to why iMessage/Facetime login works again? I'm a bit skeptical...is this a trap??

Since November 2014 I haven't had a successful login, but after reading this news I tried today and what do you know, it worked!

I have values generated locally but no two factor authentication and everything works.

Happy birthday :)

Correct. Two factor authentication doesn't seem to be required. I, for one, don't have it and all my CustoMacs work with IMessage and FaceTime. It's true, I haven't changed their system generated S/N since November last year. I just waited patiently for a solution to pop up. And it did :)

I did a fresh install of Yosemite 10.10.1 and was able to signin to iMmessage and FaceTime,but again can't send messages,only to myself.
When i look at iMessages settings everything is enabled, i get the error "this number is not registered with imessage".
Same thing with Mavericks 10.9.5.

I'm having this same problem. Followed the guide, signed in on iCloud, iTunes, App Store and all work. Signed into Messages/Facetime with no problem and cannot send anyone a message. If I send a message to myself, it says "delivered", pops up that I sent myself a message, but does not show up on any of my other devices.

When sending anyone besides myself a message, I get the error:
"‪Your message could not be sent.
+1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX‬ is not registered with iMessage."

Working for me. I have to admit the guide is a bit of a clusterfart. It was extremely confusing to follow, and the whole time I was scared I was going to mess something up because of all the notes that were placed throughout the guide.

Here's what I did using Clover configurator. Make sure to mount your EFI, and import your config.plist

1. I generated a UUID by typing "uuidgen" in terminal. I typed this a few times to make sure I got a unique code.

2. I pasted the generated UUID from terminal into "SmUIDD" under the "SMBIOS" section in Configurator.

3. Under the "Rt Variables" tab, I pasted my network's MAC address without the colons (found by going into System preferences - Network - Ethernet - Advanced - Hardware) into "ROM" at the top drop down menu, and my Hacks serial number (followed by a combination of 5 random numbers and letters, example: 5E8F2) into the "MLB" field that's to the right of "ROM".

4. I pressed "calculate", exported the config.plist, and restarted the computer.

5. Ran imessage debug and took a screenshot of the values.

6. Restarted again, and ran imessage debug again to make sure all the values were identical to the screenshot I took. Logged in as soon as I confirmed there were no changes.

I'm having this same problem. Followed the guide, signed in on iCloud, iTunes, App Store and all work. Signed into Messages/Facetime with no problem and cannot send anyone a message. If I send a message to myself, it says "delivered", pops up that I sent myself a message, but does not show up on any of my other devices.

When sending anyone besides myself a message, I get the error:
"‪Your message could not be sent.
+1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX‬ is not registered with iMessage."

FIXED: My SMB (stupidly) had an 'H' in it. MUST BE HEXADECIMAL VALUES ONLY!

Working for me. I have to admit the guide is a bit of a clusterfart. It was extremely confusing to follow, and the whole time I was scared I was going to mess something up because of all the notes that were placed throughout the guide.

Here's what I did using Clover configurator. Make sure to mount your EFI, and import your config.plist

1. I generated a UUID by typing "uuidgen" in terminal. I typed this a few times to make sure I got a unique code.

2. I pasted the generated UUID from terminal into "SmUIDD" under the "SMBIOS" section in Configurator.

3. Under the "Rt Variables" tab, I pasted my network's MAC address without the colons (found by going into System preferences - Network - Ethernet - Advanced - Hardware) into "ROM" at the top drop down menu, and my Hacks serial number (followed by a combination of 5 random numbers and letters, example: 5E8F2) into the "MLB" field that's to the right of "ROM".

4. I pressed "calculate", exported the config.plist, and restarted the computer.

6. Restarted again, and ran imessage debug again to make sure all the values were identical to the screenshot I took. Logged in as soon as I confirmed there were no changes.

I did exactly the same in November... and not got iMessage.
I had the nice dialogbox inviting me to call Apple.
I changed nothing, just made the Yosemite updates (no change in Clover version or config).
I tried again to connect 2 weeks ago (seeing the posts) and he worked. It works since this date.
On Monday, I got a message with a number to type on my iphone for hackintoshs and for my regular ipad in order to validate text messages (not iMessages).
Now text messages to Backberries from hackintoshs are also working.

@mywhitenoise,

Apologies for the length of the guide and the difficulty you had with it. Please remember that it started off as a relatively small post, and it just got bigger and bigger with this thread now over two years old and becoming one of the most visited on the site. It was never my intention for it to become as popular as it has .. it just happened ... seems iMessage issues are a much bigger deal than i ever imagined.

I'm well aware that it can be confusing having all of that information in one massive post, I'm working on Version 2.0 of the guide right now, which will split each section up into separate chapters, there will be a new index and and a quick summary of the status of iMessage activation at the start of the guide there will also be quick navigation icons to move around the different sections and back to the index ... etc

Should be finished in a few days
Cheers
Jay

Guide was pretty straight forward to me.

I went ahead with the two part authentication. Haven't logged into Messages since I got the message to contact Apple some time back -- left all my settings exactly as they were. Signed in after activating the new security feature and Messages works without an issue.

Huge thanks to Jay and all the others that have contributed to this thread!

Back