Contribute
Register
I came across an MLB generator script over at insanely mac i used that t generate a 13 character MLB and used mac address from my apple wifi card for the ROM inserted the values into clover, disconnected from internet rebooted confirmed the new values with IMessageDebug opened iMessage tried to login and recieved a new customer code different from the one generated from my first iMessage fix where i was using my serial plus the 4 or 5 extra characters to form 17 character MLB i was nervous about calling but decided to call anyway told them i had recently updated Yosemite on my mac and received a customer code with IMessage gave the customer code and I now have a working iMessage.

Link to generator Post# (273): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-14

Used the same generator (13 MLB Ver) and put MAC address as ROM and help with Guide posted here to get system ID then all was successful got customer code called Apple no Q's asked (just my email for verification purpose not even asked about S/N)just gave her the code and she said try to login now and Boom iMessage and facetime working Now :D:D

P.S it was Apple Care Uk

I came across an MLB generator script over at insanely mac i used that t generate a 13 character MLB and used mac address from my apple wifi card for the ROM inserted the values into clover, disconnected from internet rebooted confirmed the new values with IMessageDebug opened iMessage tried to login and recieved a new customer code different from the one generated from my first iMessage fix where i was using my serial plus the 4 or 5 extra characters to form 17 character MLB i was nervous about calling but decided to call anyway told them i had recently updated Yosemite on my mac and received a customer code with IMessage gave the customer code and I now have a working iMessage.

Link to generator Post# (273): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-14

Is your iMessage still working? Did you make a 13 o 17 MLB? Thanks.

I have read this thread too much so I`m getting confused and I need just a confirmation. Looking for an easy solution and prefer to use a MLB + Rom that is already whitelist instead of calling Apple.

So I could grab a working Macbook 2,1 for pretty cheap. Is it worth it if I plan to not use this one except for his ROM + MLB and probably trying to install Ubuntu 14.04-Mac-64bits on it as it seems to be working just fine.

With the ROM+MLB from this old system am I gonna have to call Apple to whitelist my Hack? If I go to Apple self-assistance and check system serial number it said that I have a valid date of purchase.

This system that is supported up to OS X 10.6.8 (or Lion with a ram upgrade) and don`t have any FaceTime or iMessage support whatsoever is it supposed to work with my hack?

If it`s working so I just have to generate my iMac 14,2 SMBIOS with Clover Configurator and then fill out the RT Variables with the ROM and MLB and that`s it.

Does a system serial generated with Clover Configurator using iMac 14,2 template is ok with this or I have to generate a 11 characters one or use the one that I have with the Macbook 2,1? As far as I know only ROM + MLB is checked right now but just want to make sure.

Thanks

Look. This is going to sound really mean but you have not read the thread nor have you looked at the insanelymac website.

I don't own a genuine apple desktop. I paid for my OSX though. When I first started this journey, I used my sons computer to purchase OSX and put it on a USB. I started on Chimera and eventually moved to Clover.
I read threads depending on what I was having a problem with. Clover install, audio, audio after sleep, airport mirroring, handoff, continuity, etc.
This forum has people just like me that has had problems and they each have contributed. I have done so myself with this thread alone.

Calling apple after you get the customer code is a must. I would not use cloned values at all. There is NO need to. NONE, Zilch, Nada.

Doing a little leg work now will save a lot of headache down the road. It sucks, its not quick, but it will last.

When you call apple with valid, double checked, triple checked (and not cloned) values, it will get white listed. Ask questions that havent been asked a thousand times. Read the first page then like the last 20 pages. There have been people very successful without cloning a single thing. Write it out on paper to make sure values match. That's what I did. But saying you read the thread and you still don't understand....that's just :crazy:

Used the same generator (13 MLB Ver) and put MAC address as ROM and help with Guide posted here to get system ID then all was successful got customer code called Apple no Q's asked (just my email for verification purpose not even asked about S/N)just gave her the code and she said try to login now and Boom iMessage and facetime working Now :D:D

P.S it was Apple Care Uk

this is a text file which is very confusing to read? is there a certain program to open it with?

Edit sorry got it,
open terminal type sh and drop the generator in then hit enter.
going to ring apple now will update later]

so contacted apple support with the new generated mlb but still got customer code... will attempt another.

generated another..... and YES!!! finally after over 2 months of waiting i have iMessages and FaceTime again! thanks to jay monkey, hanger1 and everyone else in the forum!
no more :beachball: or :banghead: just :D

Looks like we have finally started to make some consistent progress. Can anyone give some insight as to what Apple looks for when calling them with the customer code? Are they asking for MLB & ROM values? Serial numbers, etc?

Looks like we have finally started to make some consistent progress. Can anyone give some insight as to what Apple looks for when calling them with the customer code? Are they asking for MLB & ROM values? Serial numbers, etc?

I have been asked questions serial number and security of my account, I was told that they were necessary to activate iMessage and Facetime

It varies. They'll definitely ask for the customer code and your AppleID. If you have security questions theyll ask for the answers.

As far as SN, sometimes they ask, sometimes they dont. Because my SN will never be found, I always tell them Im away from my computer and just wrote down the customer code. Works all the time.

Yes its still working going on 3 days not and not a prob whatsoever and i used the 13 character MLBgen that posted in the link originally it was 17 that i had used part of serial and 4 random characters that worked up until 2 or 3 rd week in december.

Back