Contribute
Register
I manage to activate imessage again without calling Apple and was able to send messages to 2 numbers.
I played around with MLB and ROM and the message to call Apple popup :)),then i changed my system def. from mac mini 6.2 to iMac 13.1 generated new serial number and using the old MLB,ROM and SmUUID i was able to sign in to imessage.
I switched back to system def. from IMac 13.1 to mac mini 6.2 generated only a new serial number,sign-in to imessage and worked :D.

I had the same experience as some others which is that after following the guide, I was prompted to call iMessage support and to provide a code. When I did so, they verified my identity and then "unlocked" iMessage, but I continued to get the same error that "Your Apple ID XXX can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." They were confused by this and actually tried very hard to help and even asked to view my screen, which I let them do after making sure no incriminating items were on the desktop. Ultimately, the senior support person said the problem seems to be that even though my generated serial number looks like a legitimate number, it is not in Apple's database anywhere, and he couldn't figure out why. :angel: recommended that I download a "Capture Data" program that basically creates a folder full of my computer's configuration files to send to their technicians, but obviously I'm not going to do that. It seems like the options are (1) to obtain a serial number from a dead Mac Pro to use, (2) suck it up and don't use iMessage on my Hackintosh, or (3) just buy a real Mac already!
saw the problems, which in any case can not be completely solved by people, since the final problem is on Apple servers

it is in my opinion better to buy an old Ipad on ebay for used iMessage and FaceTime

Lowest deal that it will cost a macintosh .....

Roughly 2 years ago I scored myself a G5 Power Mac, which I gutted & converted into my current Hackintosh.
I sold & threw away all of the internals that I didn't need.
And I just spent the last few days tracking down the photos that I took of the main board, so I could attempt to use its MLB, & the serial which is on the case itself.

I don't know if anyone's noticed before, but it turns out that they're both only 12 digits long. I jumped online & found the same result everywhere. Being only equipped with PowerPC CPUs, and limited at OS X 10.5, Apple probably made the change to the 13 digit serial numbers once they adopted Intel processors in their new ranges.
Although some of the rules of the MLB code appeared to still apply, such as the manufacturing location letters ect.
This doesn't necessarily help anyone here, but it's good to know I guess, in case anyone's considering trying the same.

So after much research & the findings of others on here, I eventually decided to try & use my faulty MacBook Pro's 13 digit serial number & 17 digit MLB. I used my Ethernet board's address as my ROM. ID kept as MacPro3,1. All other values kept the same as they were before the iMessage deactivation happened.
Initally I couldn't get the MLB to change (using latest Clover boot loader), iMessage Debug & Darwin Dumper kept reporting the old values.
I found the solution was to run Clover Configurator & go to the Drivers section, then install the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
I got the Call Customer Care error straight away. Called them & had it working again in minutes =]

Hello, using the Clover method here, I can log in but this is all that I can do, it's either:
qSk2FT2.jpg

or
DGBVebf.jpg

or

7LybbLU.jpg

How bad is it, should it just let it stay and hope for it to start working?

Hello, using the Clover method here, I can log in but this is all that I can do, it's either:
qSk2FT2.jpg

or
DGBVebf.jpg

or

7LybbLU.jpg

How bad is it, should it just let it stay and hope for it to start working?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

All working again. imessage, SMS forwarding, all seems working. Activated using 3,1 definition, generated 13 char MLB carefully formatted to match serial, and hardware (mac pro) and apple wifi card rom (to ensure rom was an apple one)

i did NOT use generator program because they were grossly inaccurate. Wasn't even setting correct EEE for a 3,1 mac pro (which is XDA) I instead spent a great deal of time just making sure the number adhered to correct format, with correct codes and years and weeks. Then called apple up when i felt confident number looked good.

Does the serial need to be a valid one?

mine was made up and not in use (using web form to validate)

EDIT
unless you meant phone call? gave them real serial for that, which also happens to be a mac pro 3,1. Which i suspect helps a ton with less suspicion that they see i'm struggling with a 3,1 mac pro and happened to own a real one. :)But no i will never clone my real clone. Now don't have too. both logged into imessage with hack using generated things that passed checks :)

All working again. imessage, SMS forwarding, all seems working. Activated using 3,1 definition, generated 13 char MLB carefully formatted to match serial, and hardware (mac pro) and apple wifi card rom (to ensure rom was an apple one)

i did NOT use generator program because they were grossly inaccurate. Wasn't even setting correct EEE for a 3,1 mac pro (which is XDA) I instead spent a great deal of time just making sure the number adhered to correct format, with correct codes and years and weeks. Then called apple up when i felt confident number looked good.

Now the question is do you lose any features going to the macpro3,1. I could do that, but my system matches imac14,1

So what would I lose switching to macpro3,1?

Back