Contribute
Register
If you followed direction in post #1 by JayMonkey, you will get an error saying call customer support with error code. If you get activation error, you didn't do it right, either way, it won't work ATM.

Why is is my mlb / boardserialnumber showing null no matter what I do? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried removed the deprecated values from the plist but it doesn't help..
master---iMessageDebug---80-24.png

Clover-Configurator.png

Clover-Configurator.png

Why is is my mlb / boardserialnumber showing null no matter what I do? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried removed the deprecated values from the plist but it doesn't help..
master---iMessageDebug---80-24.png

Clover-Configurator.png

Clover-Configurator.png

Remove that,let it blank.

Attachments

• skitch.png
    skitch.png
    37 KB · Views: 117
Erroneously left my real mac and hack mac signed it at same time after 8 weeks of using real mac serial # on hack. 72 hours of lockout of messages on hack mac (no lockout on real mac) and Messages just this very moment came back online on my hack with no effort or changes on my part.

I´ve been suffering the same as all. Both my genuine mac and hack stopped working without issues logging into iMessage, therefore tried to generate unique values on my hack, using iMac11,3 id, 12 digit SN and 13 digit MLB. I expected to get the Call Apple message with the code, but instead, I get the "activation error message, try later". I checked other things, like en0, etc, etc, but no luck; still getting the same message. I guess I´ll give it a rest for a few days and I´ll try again. I still don´t have iMessage back on my genuine mac. I used my apple id to log in using a friends genuine mac, and I was able to log in, and send a message with it. I hope I´m no repeating too much info. Thanks.

I´ve been suffering the same as all. Both my genuine mac and hack stopped working without issues logging into iMessage, therefore tried to generate unique values on my hack, using iMac11,3 id, 12 digit SN and 13 digit MLB. I expected to get the Call Apple message with the code, but instead, I get the "activation error message, try later". I checked other things, like en0, etc, etc, but no luck; still getting the same message. I guess I´ll give it a rest for a few days and I´ll try again. I still don´t have iMessage back on my genuine mac. I used my apple id to log in using a friends genuine mac, and I was able to log in, and send a message with it. I hope I´m no repeating too much info. Thanks.

your real Mac should work again in a few days

your hack displays this error by what the MLB AND SERIAL is not good compared to the definition of the system

your real Mac should work again in a few days

your hack displays this error by what the MLB AND SERIAL is not good compared to the definition of the system

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that my system definition doesn't match my actual hardware? My hardware matches 13,2 iMac but I chosed 11,3 def so I could use a 11 digit SN and a 13 digit MLB. I think I was careful enough when making up my SN and MLB, you know, I used correct prefixes and suffixes, manufacturing dates, etc, etc.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that my system definition doesn't match my actual hardware? My hardware matches 13,2 iMac but I chosed 11,3 def so I could use a 11 digit SN and a 13 digit MLB. I think I was careful enough when making up my SN and MLB, you know, I used correct prefixes and suffixes, manufacturing dates, etc, etc.

extract from jaymonkey Guide :

( Like 17 digit MLB's there is currently no easy automatic method to do this so it requires a fair bit of effort by the end user, but it does work. I may write a method to assist in this approach but there are already a few other forums that detail the MLB in more detail so for the time-being if you want to try this approach then this is a good place to start.)

there is an MLB generator to this site (generates the proper mlb but not whitelisted, you always call APPLE)
I can not put too much because I believe that we should not talk about this website here (there are little war) check post # Hanger1

...I can not put too much because I believe that we should not talk about this website here (there are little war) check post # Hanger1
The insanely site is OK to cite so long as the citation post/link doesn't violate the tonymacx86 Forum Rules and the policy at the top of this page. The OP in that insanely thread was banned from here for a major Rules infraction, and he's just bitter.

I had the same experience as some others which is that after following the guide, I was prompted to call iMessage support and to provide a code. When I did so, they verified my identity and then "unlocked" iMessage, but I continued to get the same error that "Your Apple ID XXX can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." They were confused by this and actually tried very hard to help and even asked to view my screen, which I let them do after making sure no incriminating items were on the desktop. Ultimately, the senior support person said the problem seems to be that even though my generated serial number looks like a legitimate number, it is not in Apple's database anywhere, and he couldn't figure out why. :angel: recommended that I download a "Capture Data" program that basically creates a folder full of my computer's configuration files to send to their technicians, but obviously I'm not going to do that. It seems like the options are (1) to obtain a serial number from a dead Mac Pro to use, (2) suck it up and don't use iMessage on my Hackintosh, or (3) just buy a real Mac already!

Back