Contribute
Register
Did you use Chameleon/Chimera or Clover?

Haven't heard any confirmation that it works using Chameleon/FileNVRAM combo.

I’m using Chameleon running Mavericks. I have a MacBook Pro that I don’t need Messages running on.

Hi guys, I would like to have your help on this matter. So, to get iMessage working, do I need to copy MLB/ROM from a real mac and given that it is not using iMessage either? If so, can I copy MLB/ROM from an iMac 2011 and use it on my hackintosh which is using MacPro 6,1 (Trashcan) as model? Thanks for your kind suppport.

Hi guys, I would like to have your help on this matter. So, to get iMessage working, do I need to copy MLB/ROM from a real mac and given that it is not using iMessage either? If so, can I copy MLB/ROM from an iMac 2011 and use it on my hackintosh which is using MacPro 6,1 (Trashcan) as model? Thanks for your kind suppport.

Getting iMessage to work is not down to a science. It's more or less random at this point. Some don't use iMessage on the real mac, some do (myself included).

The MLB/ROM values do not need to be applied to the same model hackintosh. So yes, you can use iMac numbers on a MacPro6,1.

My hack ended up blocked against last night. Same symptoms as before:

-iMessages stop sending, and show the (!) symbol, then they failover and send as SMS through my phone using the new Yosemite feature
-if I logout, the Mac disappears from the list of devices in Messages, and, when I log back in, I can only send messages to myself (SMS is now broken, and I don't get the login notification on my other devices when the hack logs in).
-When I log back in, iMessages to third parties show as delivered, even though nothing was actually sent.

When this initially happened, I went to the Mac that I took the MLB/ROM from and logged out of it. After 3-5 days, the hack came back online. That worked for about two weeks until it was blocked again. I suspect what happened is the primary user of the workstation I cloned came back from winter holidays and started sending iMessages again, re-entering it into the database.

Today I cloned the MLB/ROM from a Mac we're using as a server and should never need to connect to iMessage (and that is about to be retired anyway). That immediately brought iMessage on the hack back online. It remains to be seen if it will get blocked again, but for now, my theory for what Apple is doing is:

-They are looking for either MLB or ROM numbers that show up in duplicate. When they find one, they block all copies of it from the database. If you reduce the number of instances down to just a single copy, on the next sweep it will reactivate just that one.
-The sweeps are not instantaneous. I estimate it takes 14 days or so to do an entire sweep.

Those two combined explain why some of you had your real Mac banned and why it doesn't work right away after you remove the cloned values from the hack. You have to wait until the next sweep reauthorizes it.

-When you do get blocked, you end up shadow blocked, where iMessages sent to yourself look right, but you can't actually send any to anyone else. This makes sense if the primary objective for blocking cloned values is to prevent SPAM. If you are running a SPAM farm, it becomes a lot harder to detect if you've been blocked if test messages come back.

Apple's general attitude toward the hackintosh community has been one of not intentionally interfering, but also not doing anything to make it easier either. I think the same is true here--they aren't going to keep iMessage working for hacks, but they are only going to do the minimum required to block SPAMmers. By basically giving you the option of using a MLB/ROM combo in only one instance, they manage to stop SPAM without preventing us from using iMessage.

It also wouldn't make sense for Apple to permablock cloned values, as that would cause problems for someone who buys a genuine used Mac whose values had been cloned/banned, creating a headache for Apple.

My hack ended up blocked against last night. Same symptoms as before:

-iMessages stop sending, and show the (!) symbol, then they failover and send as SMS through my phone using the new Yosemite feature
-if I logout, the Mac disappears from the list of devices in Messages, and, when I log back in, I can only send messages to myself (SMS is now broken, and I don't get the login notification on my other devices when the hack logs in).
-When I log back in, iMessages to third parties show as delivered, even though nothing was actually sent.

When this initially happened, I went to the Mac that I took the MLB/ROM from and logged out of it. After 3-5 days, the hack came back online. That worked for about two weeks until it was blocked again. I suspect what happened is the primary user of the workstation I cloned came back from winter holidays and started sending iMessages again, re-entering it into the database.

Today I cloned the MLB/ROM from a Mac we're using as a server and should never need to connect to iMessage (and that is about to be retired anyway). That immediately brought iMessage on the hack back online. It remains to be seen if it will get blocked again, but for now, my theory for what Apple is doing is:

-They are looking for either MLB or ROM numbers that show up in duplicate. When they find one, they block all copies of it from the database. If you reduce the number of instances down to just a single copy, on the next sweep it will reactivate just that one.
-The sweeps are not instantaneous. I estimate it takes 14 days or so to do an entire sweep.

Those two combined explain why some of you had your real Mac banned and why it doesn't work right away after you remove the cloned values from the hack. You have to wait until the next sweep reauthorizes it.

-When you do get blocked, you end up shadow blocked, where iMessages sent to yourself look right, but you can't actually send any to anyone else. This makes sense if the primary objective for blocking cloned values is to prevent SPAM. If you are running a SPAM farm, it becomes a lot harder to detect if you've been blocked if test messages come back.

Apple's general attitude toward the hackintosh community has been one of not intentionally interfering, but also not doing anything to make it easier either. I think the same is true here--they aren't going to keep iMessage working for hacks, but they are only going to do the minimum required to block SPAMmers. By basically giving you the option of using a MLB/ROM combo in only one instance, they manage to stop SPAM without preventing us from using iMessage.

It also wouldn't make sense for Apple to permablock cloned values, as that would cause problems for someone who buys a genuine used Mac whose values had been cloned/banned, creating a headache for Apple.

We've known this for some time. Please read the thread. If you have new news then please add.

It's got to be frustrating to read the same request for help time and time again. Instead of reading the first two pages, why dont you guys read the first two pages and then maybe the last 10.

We've known this for some time. Please read the thread. If you have new news then please add.

It's got to be frustrating to read the same request for help time and time again. Instead of reading the first two pages, why dont you guys read the first two pages and then maybe the last 10.

:rolleyes:

I have read the entire thread. What I added is additional confirmation that:

-SmUUID does not appear to matter
-cloned MLB/ROM information continues to work even if you've already been shadow banned. There is no additional verification performed beyond what was already used in the latest auth updates, despite speculation that there might be.

more verification helps determine what is actually true and what is just one person's mistaken experience.

:rolleyes:

I have read the entire thread. What I added is additional confirmation that:

-SmUUID does not appear to matter
-cloned MLB/ROM information continues to work even if you've already been shadow banned. There is no additional verification performed beyond what was already used in the latest auth updates, despite speculation that there might be.

more verification helps determine what is actually true and what is just one person's mistaken experience.

We already determined that SMUUID doesn't appear to matter.
Cloned MLB/ROM continues to work....When you send a message and it doesn't go to the recipient but iMessege says it did = doesn't work = shadow ban (ie its sandboxed). This has happened to several people. One more person confirming it doesn't help.

Cloning a MLB/ROM might work if both machines aren't logged in and trying to send iMessage traffic.....also confirmed by several people. I appreciate your help, but posting findings that has already been found only pushes relevant information further down within the thread and thus we get more people asking why is no one getting my iMessages or my real Mac won't sign into messages.

If you want you Hack to work without copying values, just generate a Mac3,1 system ID with 13 digit MLB and call it a night.

We already determined that SMUUID doesn't appear to matter.
If you want you Hack to work without copying values, just generate a Mac3,1 system ID with 13 digit MLB and call it a night.

@Walril,

Once you've been "shadow-banned", smUUID does matter. I've proven this by taking a working hack w/ cloned MLB/ROM and "infecting" it with a sick MBA's smUUID.

Also, I'd appreciate more details on how you got this working without copying values. First, what is a Mac3,1? I presumed you meant MacPro3,1. Regardless, after changing to a 13 digit MLB per this thread's instructions, no dice.

ps - my settings do work, I was just trying out your suggested fix

Last edited:
@Walril,

Once you've been "shadow-banned", smUUID does matter. I've proven this by taking a working hack w/ cloned MLB/ROM and "infecting" it with a sick MBA's smUUID.

Also, I'd appreciate more details on how you got this working without copying values. First, what is a Mac3,1? I presumed you meant MacPro3,1. Regardless, after changing to a 13 digit MLB per this thread's instructions, no dice.

ps - my settings do work, I was just trying out your suggested fix

Yes. The 13 digit MLB doesn't seem to looked at as stringent as a 17 digit MLB. Yes MacPro3,1. Follow the guide, but base it off a 13 digit MLB. It's pretty straight forward.

Back