Contribute
Register
My imessage is not working,i can only send messages to myself,i am able to sign in and sign out,when i try to send a message its telling me that the number is not registered with imessage.
Facetime is working.. are the imessage servers down?

Same here, everything worked here since Yosemite was released. I also get same results with my macbook pro now. I can sign in but only can send messages to my self.

This past year I started using OS X for first time as primary machine. Been using it exclusivly for 6 months plus. But I can't really handle this iMessage issues. This is main reason I enjoy OS X right now. Because I'm a long time iphone user it helped me transition from iOS to Mac. My boss uses his Note with his PC with no issues and messaging apps. He can even check his battery and various other things on the phone from his PC.

Same here, everything worked here since Yosemite was released. I also get same results with my macbook pro now. I can sign in but only can send messages to my self.

This past year I started using OS X for first time as primary machine. Been using it exclusivly for 6 months plus. But I can't really handle this iMessage issues. This is main reason I enjoy OS X right now. Because I'm a long time iphone user it helped me transition from iOS to Mac. My boss uses his Note with his PC with no issues and messaging apps. He can even check his battery and various other things on the phone from his PC.

You can check your phone stats from your hack too. No need for imessage. You just need iTunes for that.
If you have a iPhone, just use that for messages until all of this gets sorted out.

Since the latest updates is it still possible to use the info from a real mac? I have an imac that isnt connected to the net and doesnt use any icloud features. Thanks.

@jaymonkey

Do you reckon that MLB/ROM from a 2007 Macbook (white one) would work?

@underlircs,

Follow the guide, use the MLB & ROM value from your MacBook (use iMessage debug or Darwin dumper to get these values) - see Part-1, Step-5d. Ensure that you logout of iMessage on your Macbook before cloning the values to your hackingtosh. If possible also logout of of your AppleID if not needed. You can use either Clover or the new version of FileNVRAM to inject the MLB & ROM values.

Cheers
Jay

THANK YOU JAYMONKEY!!! I finally had some time to follow the instructions. Worked beautifully. :)

I'm willing to provide as much information as you guys need me to, so feel free to ask.

I have the following:

MacBookPro8,1 real mac, yosemite on it, signed in with AppleID-A, out of which I copied the MLB and ROM values.

Hackintosh as iMac13,2, Mavericks 10.9.5 on it

• Runs latest Clover
  • Has MacBookPro's MLB
  • Has MacBookPro's ROM
  • Has generated Serial # that gives error on selfserve (not registered, but real)
  • Has generated Board-ID, starting with Mac-(+16characters)

The hackintosh was able to log in using any apple ID I threw at it (I have 5) without errors, but would not be able to send/receive messages other than to self, and would not be able to detect imessage-registered phone numbers or emails.

I left the hackintosh logged in with AppleID-B (different from the one on the MBP) since 1/19/15 2PM. I basically gave up, and started playing with VMWare Fusion 7, which was said by an employee on their forums that it would successfully log in and send/receive imessages if one would run the 10.10.1 on 10.10 hardware setting. That failed.

Now, 15 minutes ago, I got an iMessage notification before my iPhone did :) I tried replying, and it worked. I don't know what the 3 day pause did, but I didn't do anything to it since the 19th. I have no idea how a ban is enforced either, or the duration of one, but the real mac worked just fine all long, and has been online. The hackintosh I rarely reboot (probably once a month), but I have rebooted it a couple of times for Vmware fusion purposes.

Maybe it's worth giving this a shot. Log in using your apple ID of choice, and if you get no errors, you may get lucky after a relatively short wait period.

One little addition: The ROM looks like this (this is not a real ROM #): a0c16590 cd1a. There's a space in between the first 8 and last 4 characters.

Last edited:
Your MLB/ROM combination is banned so it impacts both your Genuine Mac as well as the cloned hack.

Kris404, that may not be the reality. Check my post above. If I did get banned for 3 days, it definitely was not just the MLB/ROM combination, because my real mac sent/received messages without a problem.

Kris404, that may not be the reality. Check my post above. If I did get banned for 3 days, it definitely was not just the MLB/ROM combination, because my real mac sent/received messages without a problem.

Yes i think its something else,a third thing there that apple uses now.

Back