Contribute
Register
Jay indicates that he's been successful in cloning values from his Macbook5,5 to a Hackintosh running Macbook8,1 definition and things are working for the past 6 monhts. Has anyone attempted cloning values between product lines? In my case it's real values from MacMini4,1 to a hackintosh configured as iMac14,1. Has anyone observed if such difference would trip up Apple's validation?

Also, when cloning from a mac I own, which values are we cloning - MLB, ROM, what else?

@idiiamots,

Currently iMessage only requires a valid MLB (and possibly ROM) to pass validation, all other ID's can be locally generated (see above post).

Using the MLB & ROM value from a different system type should still work on any hack system type - for now, however as i've mentioned several times already it's quite possible that Apple will implement a further validation check between the MLB and/or S/N against the registered system type in the future, the information required is already in Apples database - it's a hand that Apple could still play .... but for now it should be safe.

I've successfully used the MLB & ROM from my Macbook 5,5 with a desktop hack configured as 14,2 with no problems (not at the same time as the 8,1 system) - only use the values on one system at a time.

Cheers
Jay

@pac-man,

Not really sure what your asking for ? .... if hardware then use Tony's latest Customac hardware guide, if you mean matching your hardware to a specific Apple Mac model type then I use Mac Tracker as detailed in the guide (Part-1, Step-3).

I only use the MLB & ROM from my broken MacBook, all other ID's such as SmUUID and S/N are local generated using the steps from the guide - Have updated the above text to make this clearer.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks! This was one info I missed.

Btw, with guide I meant your guide "How to Fix iMessage"
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Can you please explain in your guide what the community should prefer for their "hacks"?
I wanted to know what the community should do as next - waiting for a better solution of generated MLB/ROM values or to clone values from defect or no longer used genuine macs.

Trying to clone MLB and ROM from my old MacBook with no success. I am able to log in but whenever I try to send a message it tells me the number is not registered with iMessage. This is driving me nuts. iMessage is the only reason I want to run OS X.

@idiiamots,

Currently iMessage only requires a valid MLB (and possibly ROM) to pass validation, all other ID's can be locally generated (see above post).

Using the MLB & ROM value from a different system type should still work on any hack system type - for now, however as i've mentioned several times already it's quite possible that Apple will implement a further validation check between the MLB and/or S/N against the registered system type in the future, the information required is already in Apples database - it's a hand that Apple could still play .... but for now it should be safe.

I've successfully used the MLB & ROM from my Macbook 5,5 with a desktop hack configured as 14,2 with no problems (not at the same time as the 8,1 system) - only use the values on one system at a time.

Cheers
Jay

I got it! So all I have to do is go out and buy a real Mac Pro and then clone all the IDs to my Hackintosh Mac Pro, then just throw the real Mac Pro in the trash so nobody can reuse the IDs.

Awesome, I will do that!

.....or I could just set my iPad or iPhone next to my Hackintosh so I can use iMessage.

Tough decision, I will need to think about this really carefully.

LOL, I do appreciate all the hard work that the dev community is doing in coming up with a solution. Even if this never gets resolved, you guys are awesome.

@pac-man,
I only use the MLB & ROM from my broken MacBook, all other ID's such as SmUUID and S/N are local generated using the steps from the guide - Have updated the above text to make this clearer.

Jay,
in case that we use the MLB/ROM from unused real mac, isn't it more consistent and safer to also re-use other unique numbers like SmUUID and S/N?

Jay,
in case that we use the MLB/ROM from unused real mac, isn't it more consistent and safer to also re-use other unique numbers like SmUUID and S/N?

For now yes. The problem is that if you use the values from a MBP, but your hack's system definition is from a iMac and apple decides to do cross checks it will block your hack. Understand?

Just a quick one guys.
This has probably been answered before, so I do apologise in advance-
But it's just a thought that came to mind while I'm at work, & I don't have the time available to go through 3,250 posts at this moment.

I own a broken 13" MBP, 2010 model, which doesn't power on / has no display & no external display output.
I no longer have the hard drive that it was using when it failed.
I've since replaced the MPB with a newer model & so I no-longer use it. It literally sits inside a draw, incase I need spare parts.

Can I use the printed SN & MLB codes inside on the mainboard, on the sicker near the RAM slots?

EDIT: Can I somehow obtain it's ROM, if that is also required?

EDIT: Can I somehow obtain it's ROM, if that is also required?
Use iMessageDebug 2.0 tool to print them out. Google for it.

I tried using MLB/ROM values from genuine iMac7,1 with a hack configured as iMac14,1. Login into iMessage and Facetime succeeds, but messages and calls aren't delivered. iMessage can't deliver messages to phone numbers of iPhones. It claims that message is delivered to e-mail registered as AppleID, but recipients devices don't show anything.

Facetime calls fail. They ring on the recipient side and terminate immediately. The hack placing the call keeps ringing.

Use iMessageDebug 2.0 tool to print them out. Google for it.

He clearly stated that the machine is dead. Running imessage debug on it is not exactly possible. It's a valid question on getting rom. I don't know if ethernet info is easy to grab as the MLB :\

He clearly stated that the machine is dead. Running imessage debug on it is not exactly possible. It's a valid question on getting rom. I don't know if ethernet info is easy to grab as the MLB :\

Is the ROM value the same as the machine's MAC/physical address? My dead MacBook pro has been connected to my home's wifi before it died, and I can get its MAC address by logging into my router.

Back