Contribute
Register
How did you get the MLB from the fried motherboard?
Is it printed somewhere? I have a 2008 MacBook that doesn't boot so wanted to get its MLB

Yes, it's printed on the motherboard. The 2008 might be different, my mlb was from a 2012 imac.

@John V,

same goes for anyone else with a genuine Mac experiencing iCloud/AppleID issues.

Cheers
Jay

I had my MBP not working with messages. I used its value on my hack, so I logged out of iCloud (from my hack), changed ROM/MLB/uuid and reboot, tried to log in and made sure I was getting error message on message log in, then my MBP started working.

I have yosemite and chimera 4.0. So with last nvram version a can get nvram.uuid.plist. Infact now i get the error in the attachment. So a call apple support but they say there is a problem with the product registration. I read about this error but i can't find a solution. Is there an other way to fix it without call apple?

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-01-08 alle 19.20.05.png
    Schermata 2015-01-08 alle 19.20.05.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 179
I looked at the tutorial posted by wildwillow and wanted to get my old white macbook out of my shelf. Unfortunately, i totally forgot that it only runs 10.6.8 and that iMessage doesn't exist... When i tried to launch iMessage debug, it didn't work.
Any chance i could use this old mac to fix my iMessage on my Hackinthosh ?

I looked at the tutorial posted by wildwillow and wanted to get my old white macbook out of my shelf. Unfortunately, i totally forgot that it only runs 10.6.8 and that iMessage doesn't exist... When i tried to launch iMessage debug, it didn't work.
Any chance i could use this old mac to fix my iMessage on my Hackinthosh ?
I dont know, if it fixes the iMessage issue, but you can get it's ROM and MLB values with darwindumper: tick privacy and dump nvram with it! Let me know if it works!

Yes, it's printed on the motherboard. The 2008 might be different, my mlb was from a 2012 imac.

Thanks, got the MLB.
It was printed near the RAM slots.
So, I now have an 11 digit serial number and 13 digit MLB from a 2008 MacBook.
Don't think it'll work with my late 2013 iMac (Hackintosh)....
Unless I change the system definition to a MacBook and the serial number from my current 12 digit one to the 11 digit one

Probably best to wait till there's a better solution

.... wanted to get my old white macbook out of my shelf. Unfortunately, i totally forgot that it only runs 10.6.8 and that iMessage doesn't exist... When i tried to launch iMessage debug, it didn't work....Any chance i could use this old mac to fix my iMessage on my Hackinthosh ?

@Strik9,

You only need the MLB & ROM values, it doesn't matter (at the moment) that its running SL as there currently is no cross-check to the SMBIOS / model type. Use Darwin Dumper to create a report for the NVRAM. Inject MLB & ROM via your boot-loader.

It should work - at least for the short term, however no one really knows what Apple are up to right now, since 17 digit MLB's are still not fully understood/decoded the current trend is to use 13 digit MLB's, but after the problems introduced by the late Dec 2014 validation changes I suspect that it wont be long before Apple do indeed implement a cross-check to ensure that the MLB and/or ROM are correct for the registered SMBIOS / model type ... to be honest i'm amazed that they have not done it already.

Maybe it wont happen, who knows ? but like i said in my last few posts, I think its safe to assume that Apple are clamping down/targeting users on the use of cloned ID values so we should all be mind-full of that. I believe that part of the late Dec 2014 changes included flagging the associated AppleID if it was found to be using cloned ID's which led to some users not being able to use any iCloud services.

In the last few days it seems that Apple have backed-out or revised the late Dec 2014 changes as some users are now able to use iCloud services again on their genuine Mac's

With all that said, your old White MB is stuck on SL which doesn't support iMessage so you have nothing to loose, however i would initially try it with a new/temporary AppleID until your sure things are stable and safe.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

With a genuine 13 digit MLB would I get a registration error and customer code to call Apple?

I was previously using my macbook air MLB/ROM on my Hackintosh which logged into iMessage straight away. However, with the recent reported issues I changed the MLB/ROM on my Hackintosh because I didn't want my real MacBook Air to stop working.

I've since dug out a non-working old MacBook and got its MLB and SN from the motherboard.
No way to get the ROM as far as I know, though I can see it's ethernet mac address printed near SN.

I've already changed the MLB/ROM on Hackintosh to the ones from my old MacBook but I get the customer code error with a prompt to call Apple.

I could live without iMessage on the Hackintosh if necessary but would be good to get it working if possible.

Any news on decoding the 17 digit MLBs?

Thanks

@jaymonkey

With a genuine 13 digit MLB would I get a registration error and customer code to call Apple?

I was previously using my macbook air MLB/ROM on my Hackintosh which logged into iMessage straight away. However, with the recent reported issues I changed the MLB/ROM on my Hackintosh because I didn't want my real MacBook Air to stop working.

I've since dug out a non-working old MacBook and got its MLB and SN from the motherboard.
No way to get the ROM as far as I know, though I can see it's ethernet mac address printed near SN.

I've already changed the MLB/ROM on Hackintosh to the ones from my old MacBook but I get the customer code error with a prompt to call Apple.

@socrates978,

I'm assuming that your old MB is stuck on Pre OSX 10.9.x so its never logged into iMessage ?, if so then you will need to call Apple to white list the MLB and ROM ... this is normal and as far as I know should still work, however be aware of the on-going changes to the verification protocols which i noted in the last post (#3166)

If you contact Apple be sure to stress your having issues with your AppleID not your Mac ... if they ask for a S/N give them your MBA S/N to keep them happy but obviously give them the Customer Code from your Hack ...

Any news on decoding the 17 digit MLBs?

Thanks

Not really done much more on this since xmas as have been looking into these latest iMessage issues .... I'm pretty much at the same point as everyone else trying to decode 17 digit MLB's ... still have two pairs of digits to understand .. i need to get back on that but have a fair bit on at the moment.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Guys Help!!!
iMessage now does not work in my genuine macbook pro after i cloned its id in my hackintosh! and both got banned!! is there anything i can do?

Back