Contribute
Register
@packrobottom,

Once i know more i'll update the news on the main guide.

Cheers
Jay

(Above info added to main guide 31/12/2014)

Hi Jay, I would like to send you some information, I can't PM you because I only have 8 posts. Is there another means of which I can reach you?

Thanks.

Hi Jay, I would like to send you some information, I can't PM you because I only have 8 posts. Is there another means of which I can reach you?
Post your questions here. See the tonymacx86 Rules & Policies:
General Rules
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

I can confirm that using a cloned value from the real Mac that I own personally broke iMessage both on my real Mac and my Hack. I'm an idiot, I know, I know...

Apple Support is not being much help, either. They don't seem to be aware of the issue even when I specifically told them I booted two machines with the same serial.

They are telling me to reinstall my OS on my MacBook Air, which I am guessing won't help at all.

Sigh. I wish I had read more before diving into this, but maybe some can heed my warning and not make the same n00b mistake I did!

I understand this desire to have full functionality, and I also understand the desire to be a "hero" in the community for solving this issue. I understand how frustrating it can be to have to sit and wait for some unknown people on the Internet to solve something for me. However, I also understand that if I take these matters into my own hand, I risk screwing everything up for everyone, and myself.

This is a smart and insightful post, and it is worth internalizing in its entirety.

Please know that if you clone values, you are only making things harder for everyone else, and as shown by the most recent update to the OP, there is no guarantee your solutions will work anyway.

We all want it to be possible for iMessage to work again. If you can't contribute to the effort yourself, please heed the words of the people who can.

With this new issue of cloning IDs (even with your own machine's ID cloned), would it be possible to circumvent this by using a machine you own and do not use anymore? For example, if I were to buy a 100 dollar damaged MBP, could I just use the information on that machine, and so long as I don't use the true MBP and only use the hackintosh, that should work, right?

With this new issue of cloning IDs (even with your own machine's ID cloned), would it be possible to circumvent this by using a machine you own and do not use anymore? For example, if I were to buy a 100 dollar damaged MBP, could I just use the information on that machine, and so long as I don't use the true MBP and only use the hackintosh, that should work, right?

@chriskenison,

It's too early to tell to be sure, more testing and research needed, if my suspicions are correct then in theory yes, but until someone tries it, I guess we wont know for sure .....

Quote from my post at IM :-

I think this latest issue is a 'quick and dirty' attempt by Apple to stop the widespread use of cloned ID's by checking that the MLB & ROM match the Hardware UUID that was registered the first time that the source system (of the MLB & ROM) connected to the iMessage servers ....

But i think this could change very soon, it seems a far too a simple method to work around ... so I suspect that Apple are working on a more complex method to stop the use of cloned MLB & ROM values so expect more changes soon....

This is my best guess as to whats going on ... but it seems logical given the testing i've done and reports from other users posts.

Cheers
Jay

Messages is still working for me via clover via using the relevant data from my macbook air.

I have never had my macbook air in use at the same time as my hack.

So far, so good. I've rebooted/logged out of Messages and even reinstalled my Hack's OS via fresh install to see if things would continue working. No issues - yet.

if cloned real value on the hack and true Mac connects without problems we can send messages but not reach the recipient. messages remain blocked in the network that is a problem so if you had an iPhone message not always pass through iMessage jumps SMS
this is not the Apple ID that is put on a black list, it is the computer that give the ROM is on black list you will have to call Apple to try to unlock the Mac

Messages is still working for me via clover via using the relevant data from my macbook air.

I have never had my macbook air in use at the same time as my hack.

So far, so good. I've rebooted/logged out of Messages and even reinstalled my Hack's OS via fresh install to see if things would continue working. No issues - yet.

I don't think it matters if you have both on line at the same time or not, as suggested Apple could now be checking not only ROM and MBL but also SmUUID and Hardware UUID against the Serial Number. There are quite a few posts of real Macs and Hacks being kicked off from the service due to cloning. The fact that yours is still working is because they haven't got around to your system yet. I would do as Jay suggests and Generate new values for your Hack specially if you can still access the services on you macbook and save your self the hassle of having both you rigs black-listed.

Back