Contribute
Register
Would it not just be a case of if you change the main logic board the system serial number is blank ?
The software allows the tech to copy the old system serial number to the new board.

But, the MLB still has its own serial number to identify it independent of the system serial number ?

My iMessage was working just fine until whatever change was made mid November. Now I just get the "An error occurred during activation. Try again" error when trying to log in. I don't get the activation code or anything. I'm running Clover, but haven't updated it since October-ish.

Is there anything I can do to get this working?

My iMessage was working just fine until whatever change was made mid November. Now I just get the "An error occurred during activation. Try again" error when trying to log in. I don't get the activation code or anything. I'm running Clover, but haven't updated it since October-ish.

Not yet, that's what's we've been discussing. And this happened to me too. Tried to solve it and then got to a point where I was asked for the customer code.

Not yet, that's what's we've been discussing. And this happened to me too. Tried to solve it and then got to a point where I was asked for the customer code.

Okay so we just have to sit tight and see what happens then?

No. It's being actively worked on by those outside this forum. There's a large following over on the "other forum" (insanelymac) that has gotten pretty far. Now, we only have to decode 4 values in the MLB and that's it. The ROM, however, is still up in the air as I have personally seen an iMac 14,1 that the ROM doesn't seem to match any IDs such as ethernet or wifi.

For example, using a Genuine iMac 12,1 MLB with a Genuine iMac 14,1 ROM yields the customer code, thus either there is mismatch with some sort of check in relation to the pair of codes, or they need to be registered with Apple before they will work.

There are some very smart people on this task. Sit tight.

Could I use the S/N, MLB, and ROM values from a trashed (defective) real Mac Pro for my MacPro5,1 Hack? Any negative consequences for doing so?

Could I use the S/N, MLB, and ROM values from a trashed (defective) real Mac Pro for my MacPro5,1 Hack? Any negative consequences for doing so?

Theoretically yes, and you'd probably be fine as the machine is no longer in use, but we're more interested in replicating all of the values correctly. Also, I'm unaware if it's possible to extract the ROM on a dead machine.

Finally FileNVRAM gets an update after long time...
Have to wait till it gets final form.
Hope this will give new life to chameleon/chimera...

OK meklort has published a series of FileNVRAM 1.1.4 downloads including a full dylib on latest 53.

https://public.xzenue.com/downloads/?dir=FileNVRAM

I've tested and it doesn't work at all- no plist creation, and no working iMessage or code.

Looks like they're running into Yosemite/Chameleon cache issues, which don't allow the kext to injected into SLE. Hoping for a fixed version at some point. If you end up testing, please report here.

Back