Contribute
Register
So let me get this str8...Is this or could this be the official FIX-----> 1. attempt to log into iMessage and get a customer code. 2. Create a new OSX username and log into OSX 3. attempt to log into iMessage and it works? IS THIS THE FIX?

So let me get this str8...Is this or could this be the official FIX-----> 1. attempt to log into iMessage and get a customer code. 2. Create a new OSX username and log into OSX 3. attempt to log into iMessage and it works? IS THIS THE FIX?

It might work if your iMessage was working perfectly before and you haven't changed anything. It's worth a shot.
However, I just tried creating a new user on my Hackintosh and logging in on iMessage there, but was unsuccessful. I was getting the customer code error and my UUID, S/N, MLB and ROM values seem to be perfectly OK, though I changed them after it stopped working a few days ago. It asked for the customer code again (I didn't try calling them though). It's not a final fix, since we don't exactly know the causes and consequences, but might work for some, though it might stop working sooner or later.

I was under the impression "blank board serialiser" gives you a serial number not a MLB or rom. So completely useless.
Creating a new user fixes nothing- plenty of us have tried fresh installs to fix this- to no result. I heard "Red Herring" is the fix.... ;)

They have worked with me for about 4 hours during the past two days, knowing I have a Hackintosh. And they will be elevating the call to a higher support team.

They're helping you knowing it's a hackintosh? What did they say when you told them it was a hackintosh?

Bad News.

I just logged into that new user the Senior Apple tech had me create. iMessage started throwing the same Customer Code at me. It was fine yesterday. That's no longer the case today.

So frustrated.

I can confirm that this worked for me too. 100%.
No other changes were made at all. Didn't change Apple ID passwords, or sign out of devices ect.

Running Clover v2k r2976. All the proper values & injections ect. Had previously been working fine for months.

Turned on my Hackintosh to discover I was booted from iMessage, for no apparent reason. Couldn't sign back in, getting the Call Customer Support error. I can't call them at the moment, the line is closed this time of night.

But creating a new OS X User & signing in with the exact same iMessage account info worked straight away.
Seriously considering just migrating everything over to this User, or creating a new one.
Does anyone know of a simple or integrated way in OS X to do this? Besides backing everything up then using Migration Assistant.

it did NOT work for me. The Apple man asked me to create a new user and iMessage works immediately with the newly created user but after some time (hours) it stopped working and generated exactly the same customer code! :banghead:

It's machine dependent!

jaymonkey,
I was reading through your post about the change in iMessage activation. In the post regarding how Apple serializes a board that has been replaced in a mac

• Interesting side Note: New or refurbished Mac system boards do not have a OSX S/N burned into them. If Apple has to replace the system board on a faultily Mac the tech is supposed to run a ASD utility to generate the S/N from the MLB and burn it into the board. I am attempting to understand just how this utility works in the hope that it contains the look-up tables and correlations needed to understand how the component values of a MLB is made up.

The software that is used to serialize the board (ASD) is not used to generate the serial number, the Tech is to use the serial number on the physical computer and flash that number to the new logic board replacement. I have this software, as I was a tech for Apple for a while and would be more than happy to share it, but not sure how much help it will be for it is a flashing software.

The software that is used to serialize the board (ASD) is not used to generate the serial number, the Tech is to use the serial number on the physical computer and flash that number to the new logic board replacement. I have this software, as I was a tech for Apple for a while and would be more than happy to share it, but not sure how much help it will be for it is a flashing software.

@ccwhite55,

Many thanks for posting this .... i'm still on vacation until the end of the week and have not really delved in to the ASD S/N burning utility too deeply .... it was something i was going to investigate further when i get back home .... however after reading your post and if it is just a straight forward flashing utility then it's not going to bear much fruit ....

So I assume that the tech manually enter's the required OSX S/N as a string into the utility and it burns that value into the system board's flash ?

Which makes perfect sense to me as that way the burned in S/N would match the original .... as in the case of a repair ... I've read about cases where Apple Mac customers have had a system board replaced but the tech has forgot to flash a OSX S/N resulting in no S/N being listed in About This Mac and Hardware Profiler ..... however they are still able to use iMessage which tends to add credibility that it is the MLB that Apple are now focusing on for hardware verification (and maybe ROM ?)

However my understanding is that you can also generate/calculate a matching/correct S/N from the System's Board's MLB like in the instance os a factory refurbishment ..... I don't think it is possible to go the other way and calculate the source MLB from a S/N as it does not contain enough information .... however this is an assumption on my part.

I already have multiple versions of the ASD utilities for different Apple models but thanks for the offer.

Some of the simpler elements making up the MLB are already understood but there are still some unknowns such as the MLB prefix manufacturing location id's which are different to those used and understood by the S/N ...... the real challenge is understanding the MLB's suffix which contains the system/model.

It's also possible that there maybe a correlation between the MLB and the SmUUID ... un-proven at this time but as both numbers are burned into the System Board at the time of manufacturing it's a possibility and one which should be looked at.

Once the MLB is fully understood it should be possible to write a routine to generate a valid MLB for the system type you want to use (eg iMac 14,2) and a matching OSX S/N .... which will hopefully allow the MLB to pass the enhanced Apple verification process ... this routine could then be incorporated into utilities such as Clover Configurator and Chameleon Wizard making the whole OSX configuration process simpler and easer for everyone.

The current ID generator in Clover Configurator does not calculate a proper valid MLB, it simply uses the calculated OSX S/N and adds the correct number of characters to make up to 13 or 17 digits ... very much like the manual method detailed in Part-1, Step 5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Back