Contribute
Register
Weird iMessage problem. Works for newly created user. Not for old

Weird one guys....

Changing my password brought up the code. I called Apple, gave them code, just like I have 5 or 6 previous times. This time it didn't work. Got a senior tech that called me. we went through and deleting the prefs and Messages folder; nothing worked.

He had me log out and create a new user. That worked! So it's not Chameleon or a serial issue....

So any ideas to get my older user account & iMessages working again?

Weird one guys....

Changing my password brought up the code. I called Apple, gave them code, just like I have 5 or 6 previous times. This time it didn't work. Got a senior tech that called me. we went through and deleting the prefs and Messages folder; nothing worked.

He had me log out and create a new user. That worked! So it's not Chameleon or a serial issue....

hi herb, what you mean new user? you mean the senior tech told you to create a new apple id? i'm just confused. thank you.

He means he created a new user on the computer, not Apple ID.

thank you for the clarification rockinwaggy. did you try this method also? i'll try this when i got home. been trying to solve my imessage since last night i was forced logout without noticing how did it happen.

Weird one guys....

I can confirm that this worked for me too. 100%.
No other changes were made at all. Didn't change Apple ID passwords, or sign out of devices ect.

Running Clover v2k r2976. All the proper values & injections ect. Had previously been working fine for months.

Turned on my Hackintosh to discover I was booted from iMessage, for no apparent reason. Couldn't sign back in, getting the Call Customer Support error. I can't call them at the moment, the line is closed this time of night.

But creating a new OS X User & signing in with the exact same iMessage account info worked straight away.
Seriously considering just migrating everything over to this User, or creating a new one.
Does anyone know of a simple or integrated way in OS X to do this? Besides backing everything up then using Migration Assistant.

dj-ek,

Glad it worked for you too!

I have the very same question. What's the best way to migrate from one user to another?

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.36.34 AM.png

I wonder if it has to do with the "com.apple.idms.appleid.prd.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx." (Xs blocked with Red). Maybe someone can logout of all apple services, including iTunes and App Store, and remove that. Also remove any other ids, like Apple ID from the User, Reboot, then relogin.

EDIT: My hack doesn't have the Aliases or Apple ID lines. I created the new UUID and tried it. Didn't work.

I can confirm the "new user account" workaround is working!

If I try to use IM/FT with my regular account I get the Call Customer Support Dialog showing the Code, but if I create a local new user I can use IM/FT as before without showing this Dialog or calling Apple Support.

I'm not sure if this is important but I only have Active Directory Users on my "Hackintosh" (but all defined with "Mobile" Account).
I think the "mobile account" is handled the same way as local users regarding this Problem, isn't it?

pac-man

is the MLB you are collecting are random generated? is there a way also that i can crack my MLB?

It appears that Pavo from the other board managed to generate a valid MLB & ROM, presumably via 'Blank Board Serializer' tool. He is in the process of creating a script to automate that, we'll see.

It appears that Pavo from the other board managed to generate a valid MLB & ROM, presumably via 'Blank Board Serializer' tool. He is in the process of creating a script to automate that, we'll see.

I just had the issue described in the first post :( I called with the customer code and rep could not get me signed in again.

I guess I'll follow this thread until someone finds a fix.

Back