Contribute
Register
Let me ask this and get a straight answer please. Is it possible to use a REAL MLB with a custom generated serial and Rom(through clover) and it log in? Could it be that all you need is a valid MLB? or only a valid MLB and valid Serial? I really want to know a direct answer. Please dont ignore.

People have injected MLB and ROM, not sure if someone just injected one of the two and the other was generated. Would be good to know if you just need one to be real or both.

Hi Jay,

I recently made the move to Clover and did a clean install of Yosemite with Clover as the boot loader and had a really nice build running Yosemite with iMessage and FaceTime working beautifully for the past month or so. My Serial number, MLB and ROM are all generated per the guide.

Long story short I changed my Apple ID password on 10/21/2014 and of course had to sign in to everything again. iMessage and FaceTime now give me the "Call Support" message with a code and I've been on the phone with Apple three times and they are certain that the block is removed from my Apple ID but I continue to receive the call support message and cannot login to iMessage or FaceTime.

Out of curiosity I did a clean install on a spare SSD with config.plist copied from the other drive and was able to log in to iMessage before doing anything else on the machine. However, when I tried to send a message to test it, it did not recognize a phone number in the "To" field (which leads me to believe it wasn't "really" working anyway). So I added my iCloud account in System Preferences>Internet Accounts so I could select one of my contacts instead. This logged me out of iMessage. When I tried to login to iMessage again I received the "Call Support" message with the identical code as on the other SSD. I then changed to a 13 digit MLB through Clover Configurator then rebooted and tried to login to iMessage and that resulted in "Call Support" message but with a different code.

I'm not comfortable posting my console log in the thread but I see the message "the _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform" in it at around the same times that I've tried logging in to iMessage over the last few days.

If there is a way to PM the console log let me know and I am happy to send it to you. I don't have enough posts to PM yet.

Thanks for your efforts to chase this one down!

Last edited:
Finally its working again!!!! SO to fix it i used the MLB of my Macbook pro which i am also using the rest of the values are automatically generated included the serial number of the hackintosh,even SmUUID, basically i had to call apple and finally they managed to reset the blocking..

sure thing here is my console logs, i am going to try to restore my time machine back up to see if that fixes mine... but if theres anything else i can do to help fix this issue let me know...

I'm keeping a backup of my most recent config just incase.
thanks

View attachment console logs.zip

Hi Jay,

I recently made the move to Clover and did a clean install of Yosemite with Clover as the boot loader and had a really nice build running Yosemite with iMessage and FaceTime working beautifully for the past month or so. I'll spare the details but long story short I changed my Apple ID password on 10/21/2014. iMessage and FaceTime now give me the "Call Support" message with a code and I've been on the phone with Apple three times and they are certain that the block is removed from my Apple ID.

Out of curiosity I did a clean install on a spare SSD this morning and was able to log in to iMessage. However, when I tried to send a message to test it, it did not recognize a phone number in the "To" field. So I added my iCloud account in System Preferences>Internet Accounts in order to send to a contact instead. This logged me out of iMessage. When I tried to login to iMessage again I received the "Call Support" message with the identical code as on the other SSD. I then changed to a 13 digit MLB through Clover Configurator then rebooted then tried to login to iMessage and that resulted in "Call Support" message but with a different code.

I'm not comfortable posting my console log in the thread but I see the message "the _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform" in it at around the same times that I've tried logging in to iMessage over the last few days.

If there is a way to PM the console log let me know and I am happy to send it to you.

Thanks for your efforts to chase this one down!

If you changed the mlb to 13 digits and you have a new code try to call support and see if it works.

Finally its working again!!!! SO to fix it i used the MLB of my Macbook pro which i am also using the rest of the values are automatically generated included the serial number of the hackintosh,even SmUUID, basically i had to call apple and finally they managed to reset the blocking..

I tried what you said, but I still get a customer service code. Did you get that too before calling?...if so, when u called did you give them your GENERATED serial? Also, is your hackintosh smbios set up as a Macbook Pro just like your real Macbook Pro? I'm thinking mine may not be working because i'm putting a REAL Mid-2010 MacBook Pro mlb into a Hackintosh macbook air 2013 mlb..or maybe i just have to call. Plz help

Okay, I opened up my config.plist, and noticed that I had no board serial number or smuuid, which is why I was getting the "error occurred, try again" message. I replaced the MLB and ROM with my Air's, and lo and behold, I message immediately worked after a reboot. I don't want to risk screwing up imessage on my air, though (I barely use imessage anyway), so I went back to my hack and replaced my air's MLB and ROM with random ones I made up. Now, I get the please contact customer code (which won't work based on what I'm reading here). So, if you're getting the "error occurred, try again message", make sure you have an MLB and ROM and SMUID if using clover (and the equivalents in chameleon). With that, you should be able to get the contact customer code. However, contacting apple won't work. For now, replacing MLB and ROM with that of a real mac seems to make imessage work (in my case, I didn't even get the contact apple customer code, imessage just worked after restart).

Hopefully we can find a way to avoid having to use a real mac's MLB and ROM, as I'm afraid that apple will just tighten up security in the future and block out any computers, real mac or not, using duplicate MLB and ROM's.

I tried what you said, but I still get a customer service code. Did you get that too before calling?...if so, when u called did you give them your GENERATED serial? Also, is your hackintosh smbios set up as a Macbook Pro just like your real Macbook Pro? I'm thinking mine may not be working because i'm putting a REAL Mid-2010 MacBook Pro mlb into a Hackintosh macbook air 2013 mlb..or maybe i just have to call. Plz help

As I wrote above, I didn't get the customer code after entering my Air's MLB and ROM (imessage just worked). However, I have had to call apple before with the customer code, before this whole requirement of having real MLB and ROM surfaced. In that case, I gave my Air's serial and was able to get my hack unblocked. However, I don't know if you use a real mac's MLB and ROM, if you will have to give the hack's serial. I wouldn't think so, since I gave my air's serial and they unblocked my hack, but one never knows with these new security measure Apple's taking.

Also, I don't think the type of hack matters; My hack is an imac, and I used my Air's mlb and rom, and imessage worked perfectly.

so i tried a restore and now i cant boot into yosemite.... i get boot0ss: error for clover...

fixed it clover just needed reinstalled, but still can't get into iMessage after restore got original customer code message with my first customer code so i will ring up tomorrow and try and get the block lifted but probably just come up again...

Back