Contribute
Register
i tried to clone my macbook values on my hackintosh result could not boot with clover anymore, and eventually it just got corrupted the whole system and now i have to reinstall everything for the 9th time !!! guys seriously is there anything that works right now to fix iMessage and FaceTime, right when i had it fixed apple now is doing this... i m thinking to just do screen sharing with my mac on my hackintosh and use it that way until someone finds an easy effective way..

I also had this issue. I tried my macbook values and that almost worked. I had everything matching except after not being able to log in, the handshake values were different. tried my iMac values and that bombed my system.

I had originally gotten a customer code message but the call to apple customer care did not remove the block.

I also had this issue. I tried my macbook values and that almost worked. I had everything matching except after not being able to log in, the handshake values were different. tried my iMac values and that bombed my system.

I had originally gotten a customer code message but the call to apple customer care did not remove the block.

honestly i don't know anymore what to do about it, i moved to clover just to get it to work, and it worked for good 2 weeks without hic ups, and now this.... did you actually manage to make it working? and what do you mean for handshake values?

u only need rom/mlb value!! u can leave all other the way u had it.

I also confirm that iMessage and FaceTime are working again after using my own MacBook Air 2011 ROM and MLB values, through Clover configuration file. I got it working in a EFI system. I have another system, not EFI, Clover running Legacy, and I'm not able to get Clover to change ROM and MLB values. Any help with Clover running legacy and "injecting" custom ROM and MLB would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to all. Let's see how long this solution last.

I also confirm that iMessage and FaceTime are working again after using my own MacBook Air 2011 ROM and MLB values, through Clover configuration file. I got it working in a EFI system. I have another system, not EFI, Clover running Legacy, and I'm not able to get Clover to change ROM and MLB values. Any help with Clover running legacy and "injecting" custom ROM and MLB would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to all. Let's see how long this solution last.

I am running Clover in Legacy mode and I have iMessage working with real ROM/MLB value. What version of Clover are running? The latest version of Clover injects these values differently than before. I am using Clover v2953 and I have input the values in the Rt Variable tab and it is working just fine.

does anyone think it would work to pull the MLB and ROM off a late 2006 macbook running lion (10.7.5)? i don't believe that model is capable of running any newer version of OS X, thus it's incapable of even running imessage concurrently. that old laptop is basically a paperweight now, so it would be ideal if i could borrow its MLB and ROM and use it for my hackintosh. i also have a newer early 2014 MBP that i could from which i could take the MLB and ROM, but i'm more weary of borrowing from another computer i actively use all the time.

i'm not home at the moment, which is why i ask instead of just impulsively trying. if you guys know for sure that won't work, then i won't even bother when i get home.

thanks in advance.

MacBook late 2006 is too old, it does work

Thanks. If I get these and put them in will it work even though it already tells me to call them with the code? Or will I still have to call? Or if not would I be able to get in if I made a new apple ID and used the new ROM and MLB?

It just works without the need to call.

but check with iMessage debug that all values are correct before you try to connect.

Did anybody called Apple regarding the fixing of iMessages. I called today this guy was looking for serial no. And i told him that im at work and i dont have it. This is scary, is it ok to give him the serial no? what more will he ask me, i wonder? I told him i will call after work?

I only gave him the AppleID and the error code or validation code.

Help guys, any suggestion when i call later.

On Lion you have to use the nvram command, see some posts before.

madman what do you mean by this?

Fire up terminal then paste

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

hit enter and note the ROM

then paste

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

hit enter and note down MLB ?

Thanks

Back