Contribute
Register
Just a question : how come the problem is different between connecting to the App Store and connecting to iMessage ? I mean, shouldn't the App Store authenticate you the same way iMessage does, with S/N, ROM and MLB ? Or does iMessage use a specific protocol that requires more in-depth checks to be secure ?

Probably because of privacy concerns. Say someone gets your AppleID and password and apple only checks that as proof of identity. They could access iMessage and the App Store from any mac. On the App Store they could buy some apps, yet you would eventually see the purchases on your bank account and try to proof to apple that you didn't purchase that. But with iMessage, if someone reads your messages (say the goverment, police, etc.), you cannot reverse that. Still they could access iCloud and sync your calendars, notes, reminders and all that.
Also now, with SMS forwarding (introduced some weeks before we started seeing these recent problems with iMessage) you could bypass two-factor authentication of some websites. So it's probably a good thing that they do this checks, but for Hackintosh it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Damn... I logged out of iCloud today..signed back into icloud, thennnn tried to relog back into iMessage. I couldn't. I was hit with a Customer code. I called apple and gave them a real mac serial number...they took the block of my login. I tried to log in and got hit with the same Customer code message. This looks like a change that was made within the last couple of days. I know i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. If you all are logged into icloud...STAY LOGGED IN. anyways, guys, lets talk about this and a solution.....I have no clue what to do. I've changed serial boardid and smuuid, but nothing worked.

Still they could access iCloud and sync your calendars, notes, reminders and all that.

That's the part that makes me worried : iCloud informations are much more sensitive than iMessage in my opinion. A simple chat interface versus emails/document, I already know which one I want to get the highest protection. If they generalize their security features, it will become very annoying.

Let's hope for the best, and sincerely I doubt iMessage authentication system would stop any serious government from breaking in.

A last question : with the S/N random generation and verification process indicated in the guide, isn't it possible that someone creates a valid S/N but that it ends up taken some time later by a real Apple computer, thus causing the leeching issue the guide talks about ?

Damn... I logged out of iCloud today..signed back into icloud, thennnn tried to relog back into iMessage. I couldn't. I was hit with a Customer code. I called apple and gave them a real mac serial number...they took the block of my login. I tried to log in and got hit with the same Customer code message. This looks like a change that was made within the last couple of days. I know i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. If you all are logged into icloud...STAY LOGGED IN. anyways, guys, lets talk about this and a solution.....I have no clue what to do. I've changed serial boardid and smuuid, but nothing worked.

Those won't help. You need a real ROM/MLB from a real mac to work now.

Anyone know why a Mac mini 4,1 would only output a 13 character MLB?

I currently have a iMac 13,2 smbios - and will be switching to a Mac mini 6,2.

My question : Do I put the new MLB in clover as my serial board number?

I'll be setting up a new uuidgen, random serial, and using the ROM and MLB values from the Mac mini, that it?

Thanks !!

But mind that mismatches between the ids and/or the system type or simultaneous use of the real and hackintosh device could (I have seen no cases of that) have those ids or apple id or something blacklisted. Maybe. Maybe not.

A last question : with the S/N random generation and verification process indicated in the guide, isn't it possible that someone creates a valid S/N but that it ends up taken some time later by a real Apple computer, thus causing the leeching issue the guide talks about ?

Yes it can. But most hackintoshes use "old" System Types. So the S/Ns we generate to match those system types are for devices that are no longer in production, so it would be very rare for that to happen.

Hey Guys,

I managed to fix the iMessage thanks to the guide here and got evaluated by apple support as well, about 2 months ago. Now today suddenly iMessage asks me to contact support again. Any Ideas what might have happened and how this can be fixed?

I'm still on 10.9.5

Thanks

I'd like to echo the recent issue with iMessage.

I was just finishing off my installation process (after a catastrophic system failure) on a new SSD.

Tried logging into iMessage, and Apple's server kept pushing me with the same customer code repeatedly. There seems to be nothing they (nor I) can do to get me logged-in into iMessage.

Clarification & TL;DR:
• New 10.10.1 installation with Clover
• Everything is tested (Ethernet is on en0, iCloud & Mac App Store are all OK)
• Issue during iMessage & FaceTime authentication. Always greeted with Customer Code error message.
• Called Apple, gave them Customer Code. They tried activating it manually from their end, to no avail.
• Rebooted, Shutdown several times, same issue, same Customer Code.

So, something definitely changed.

FYI: 10.10.1, with Clover 2K_3021

That's not entirely true, I'm able to log in and out with no issues and I generated mine by following this guide.

The culprit lies somewhere else....

Back