Contribute
Register
I am locked out as well. It would seem there is something wrong with the server? It sucks because I never even got to use it.

I just got on my hack, and noticed Imessage was signed out. I tried signing in, and got the classic "An error occurred during activation. Try again."
My Imessage was working perfectly since the last time I used my hack; only thing I've done is I logged out of iTunes last time I used it. I tried to re-log in, hoping that would fix it, but I get the same error.
I hope this is just Apple's servers acting up, and not that my imessage is broken (I am using clover, and everything was perfect until I noticed this today).

Thats definitely a new one on me. I have been following Jay's work religiously enough to know that Unique MLB+UniqueROM+Unique SmUUID+UniqueSerial=working iMessage (or code to unlock iMessage Apple ID). The kicker being that upon reboot all of those things mentioned above must stay them same otherwise an error message will absolutely occur.

That being said, I've never heard of an Apple ID being locked again, with valid MLB,ROM, SmUUID and Serial No.

Is it possible that someone else used the same serial? Yes of course. And that may be the issue. Can't imagine someone getting the same SmUUID.

Now with the now invalid serial, I do not believe you can utilize your current MLB, ROM and SmUUID with another generated serial. I have tried that in the past to get the dreaded, "Unable to activate iMessage at this time, please try again." message. It required me to redo everything. Once I got a new unlock code, and reviewed that my variables were constant. I recontacted Apple and was registered.

Been all set for about 7 days now. I have signed out of iMessage and back in a few times to satisfy my own curiously about maintaining my registration.

Regards,

But now what shall I do since I get the same code each time I try to log in? I'm puzzled.

Should I get new values again?

UUID through UUIDGEN
SN through Clover
MLB: add 5 random characters to SN
ROM: what about this value? I used the MAC address of my network card, but I guess that even if I reinstall this value will remain the same and therefore I will not be able to use it, correct? what alternative do I have?

AS a reminder, all my values in debug a persistent between boots, I have called support twice already to be unblocked but it doesnt work. I always get the same code so even this is consistent... I am able to log in to App store, iCloud but haven't tried Facetime

euhhh help? :)

I just called Apple Care again here in Portugal. Gave the same customer code, but imessage keeps showing the same message with same customer code. I said I wasn't near the computer because I didn't provide a S/N. The girl said that if continues to show the same message I should call near the computer to perform additional diagnostics. Should I do this? Is there anything that might point out that I don't have an Apple computer?

Thank you

@All,

To those of you that are experiencing login/authentication issues even after applying all the fixes and tips from the guide and you have persistent MLB, ROM and valid OSX S/N and SmUUID.

I've been looking in to this and following a few users attempts at trying to get iMessage to generate a contact Apple message with a customer code ...

In some cases, the user had multiple attempts at fixing each issue, i think its possible that one or more of the ID's have been black-listed whist the others are ok ....

Example ..

After going through the guide It possible that some users had valid MLB & ROM values .... but the OSX S/N is not valid (either black-listed or incorrect for system type) ... Subsequently the user discovers issue with OSX S/N and generates new one and this time they get Contact Apple Message.

After Activation iMessage works until new logout/login ...

On next login the ROM and/or MLB value have been to found to match more than one S/N ... so MLB & ROM are flagged or black-listed.

To resolve this you could generate a completely new identity for your system :-

1. Run iMessage Debug and make sure to have a copy of the output
  2. Logout of all iMessage Apps
  3. Disconnect from network
  4. Mount EFI Partition and load Clover config file into Clover Configurator
  5. Goto SMBIOS page and click on Magic Wand, Click a few times on the two 'shake' buttons
  6. Check the new OS X S/N using the method described in Part-1, Step-3 of the guide
  7. Keep generating new S/N until you get a valid but un-registered S/N
  8. Run terminal and generate new SmUUID via 'uuidgen' command (See Part2, Step-7)
  9. Copy and paste new value from terminal to SmUUID
  10. Complete the new identity by injecting MLB & ROM via one of the methods in Part-1, Step-5d
  11. Save the Config file and exit Clover Configurator
  12. Reset the OSX Network setting plists - See Part-1, Step-2
  13. Clear iMessage Config Data - Part-1, Step-4
  14. Restart - keep disconnected form network
  15. Run iMessage Debug
  16. Check the output against your old values, ensure that Hardware(Platform) UUID, S/N, MLB. ROM are completely different, if it looks ok - shut down and restart
  17. Run iMessage Debug again.
  18. If all ID's are new and persistent then shut down, re-connect to network
  19. Run DPCI Manager and check BSD names en0...etc and are flagged as 'built-in'
  20. If all ok login into iCloud first then iMessage
  21. You may get the contact Apple Msg .... if so then its Part-2, Step-8 again ....
Let me know if this works ... if so i'll expand it a bit and put it in the guide ..

Cheers
Jay

So for the moment, no real solution for MacPro 6,1, such a shame :(
Except the fact that my build was stable for now almost 1 year with MacPro6,1 I don't know for iMac14,2.
I have to try and I'll let you know.
But I've build this computer for being as close as possible to a MacPro, so deep inside me, I would prefer to use MacPro definition ;-)
So I've tried using iMac 14,2 definition for my X79 build, but still no luck :(
I've even tried with a new S/N MLB ROM without any success.
I've always the message: "An error occured during activation. Try again."
But,
- I have a valid credit card registered against my Apple ID (which is verified)
- NIC BSD is en0 and has a 'Built-in' status
- I have an unique OSX S/N and I use latest clover
I'm totally blocked with this f...ing iMessage :(

@All,

To those of you that are experiencing login/authentication issues even after applying all the fixes, you have persistent MLB, ROM and valid OSX S/N and SmUUID.

I've been looking in to this by following the route one use used to get to the contact customer code ...

In this particular case, the user had multiple attempts at fixing each issue, i think it possible that one or more of the ID's have been black-listed whist the other are ok

Example ..

After going through the guide It possible that some users had valid MLB & ROM values .... but the OSX S/N is not valid (either black-listed or incorrect for system type) ... Subsequently the user discovers issue with OSX S/N and generate new ... this time they get Contact Apple Message.

After Activation iMessage works until new logout/login ...

On next login the ROM and/or MLB value have been to found to match more than one S/N ... so MLB & ROM are flagged or black-listed.

It's only a theory but i think it's quite possible....

To resolve you could generate a completely new identity for your system :-
  1. Run iMessage Debug and make sure to have a copy of the output
  2. Logout of all iMessage Apps
  3. Disconnect from network
  4. Mount EFI Partition and load Clover config file into Clover Configurator
  5. Goto SMBIOS page and click on Magic Wand, Click a few times on the two 'shake' buttons
  6. Check the new OS X S/N using the method described in Part-1, Step-3 of the guide
  7. Keep generating new S/N until you get a valid but un-registered S/N
  8. Run terminal and generate new SmUUID via 'uuidgen' command (See Part2, Step-7)
  9. Copy and paste new value from terminal to SmUUID
  10. Complete the new identity by injecting MLB & ROM via one of the methods in Part-1, Step-5d
  11. Save the Config file and exit Clover Configurator
  12. Reset the OSX Network setting plists - See Part-1, Step-2
  13. Clear iMessage Config Data - Part-1, Step-4
  14. Restart - keep disconnected form network
  15. Run iMessage Debug
  16. Check the output against your old values, ensure that Hardware(Platform) UUID, S/N, MLB. ROM are completely different, if it looks ok - shut down and restart
  17. Run iMessage Debug again.
  18. If all ID's are new and persistent then shut down, re-connect to network
  19. Run DPCI Manager and check BSD names en0...etc and ae flagged as 'built-in'
  20. If all ok login into iCloud first then iMessage
  21. You may get the contact Apple Msg .... if so then its Part-2, Step-8 again ....

Let me know if this works ... and i'll expand the method a bit and put it in the guide ..

Cheers
Jay

I tried this, and unfortunately it did not work. A few things:

1.) I continued to get the "Try again." message with the values provided by Clover Configurator. The only way to get an actual customer support code was to replace my MLB with my serial number + a few random characters to get a 17-character value. The error then changed to the "Contact Apple" message.

2.) I've called Apple multiple times, but iMessage gives the same error (with the same code) each time, no matter how many times they try to active it on their end.

Same issue for me. They said it was unlocked, and it isn't. And that was after making everything fresh again, and making sure that it was all completely different. So I'm not sure how the theory holds up Jay. :(

Everything is persistent. I even spoofed everything so that nothing could possibly be changed or retrieved from my board.

I'm going to use the info from one of my actual Macs for now but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I created the new identity this weekend, after doing a fresh install with Yosemite and Clover. I did all the setup offline and from the first time I got the message with the customer code. I might have messed it up or something, but I followed the guide and went through the important parts a couple of times to see if it all looked good.

The last guy from my call yesterday is trying to follow-up... I tried now and it's still giving the same error, with the same customer code. Should I go ahead and create a new identify, get him to put in the new code and see if it works? Or call as I have it right know, and see if he wants more information or something?

Back