Contribute
Register
iMessage Guide

I have finally got my imessage working and it has been going strong for 10 days. The rest of my system is a mess and would love to do a clean Install of Yosemite. I really don't want to have problems with Imessage anymore. What would be the correct steps to take after doing the clean install of Yosemite to get Imessage working again. Clover.config, serial #, MLB, ROM etc. I am assuming those values would stay the same. I have values saved in imessage debug. What about Ethernet value En0? Thanks

iMessage Guide

I have finally got my imessage working and it has been going strong for 10 days. The rest of my system is a mess and would love to do a clean Install of Yosemite. I really don't want to have problems with Imessage anymore. What would be the correct steps to take after doing the clean install of Yosemite to get Imessage working again. Clover.config, serial #, MLB, ROM etc. I am assuming those values would stay the same. I have values saved in imessage debug. What about Ethernet value En0? Thanks
I guess the mac address would stay the same.

iMessage Guide

When calling Apple with the code and they ask for a S/N

I'm guessing it does not matter if the real Mac and the hackintosh are a different types (e.g. one is a Macbook and the other is an iMac), right? I believe the generated code is created based on some of the values from the device, but they don't check if all matches up nor if iMessage is really not working on the machine with the S/N you give, so it's fine... yes?

And thank you for your work jaymonkey. :clap:
IMHO, They just wanna make sure it's not a spam call. That's it.
Provide 'em a real mac serial(you can get it from google if you don't own one). Less than 10 mins, you'll have working facetime and imessage.

iMessage Guide

@herrlee,

Cool, glad your sorted .... remember to keep all your critical system ID's safe for future use ....

Jay
Appreciate your help. Already backed up with imessage_debug v2.

iMessage Guide

@cap2587,

It should not be an issue, but do it off line ....

Just be sure to re-install Clover correctly and re-apply your existing config.plist.
Run DPCI Manger and Check Network BCD names first, then run iMessage Debug and Check all ID's
If all ok you should not have to call Apple to remove lock-out.

Cheers
Jay

iMessage Guide

Finally got the customer code to call Apple. I called Apple, they asked me for my S/N, said I didn't have it on me, so they just asked me for my Apple ID and customer code. They said that the lock was removed, but I keep getting the same customer code.

Any thoughts? Should I call again? This first call is already logged on my support profile.

Thank you

iMessage Guide

Just called here in Spain, and when they unlocked the account with the code the message didn't disappear. She said it was strange, talked with the superior department, said that normally the unlock is instantaneous but that today this happened already twice. She transferred me to a guy, who told me the same, that today this failed like twice so something must be wrong with the servers (there was an iMessage outage this weekend, so could be that) . I'll keep trying to log in, see if it's gets fixed.

And reading the previous message from Mexox, looks like it's so. Mexox, are you in Europe?

iMessage Guide

Had exactly the same issue today with Apple UK support - gave them my customer code and it didn't fix the message. They tried several times with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

(If it helps, this was after upgrading to 10.10.1)

iMessage Guide

Just called here in Spain, and when they unlocked the account with the code the message didn't disappear. She said it was strange, talked with the superior department, said that normally the unlock is instantaneous but that today this happened already twice. She transferred me to a guy, who told me the same, that today this failed like twice so something must be wrong with the servers (there was an iMessage outage this weekend, so could be that) . I'll keep trying to log in, see if it's gets fixed.

And reading the previous message from Mexox, looks like it's so. Mexox, are you in Europe?

Give it a day, just to be sure. I had the same thing happen (I'm in California): I called, they unblocked the account. However, it took nearly a full day before I could log in.

[on edit: it worked for several weeks, but just stopped working a few days ago]

Back