Contribute
Register
Quote from the Clover Guide:-The feature has been flakey for a while now and is not recommended, however i have not tested it with the latest Clover builds > r3000 so things may have improved.

Cheers
Jay
Ok. I've manually set SmUUID and checked InjectSystemID, thus regenerated icloud keychains.
iMessage and Facetime are not affected. Everything's working fine.

I am still having this issue. For me I keep getting the message: "An error occurred during activation. Try again." whenever I try to login to iMessage. I have tried all of the fixes and know that iMessage is communicating with apple because when I type in a wrong password it tells me so.

Any ideas on what else I can do? I started having the issue in Mavericks.
I'm on Yosemite, and am getting that error. I've tried all the fixes.

When calling Apple with the code and they ask for a S/N

If you own a real Apple MAC then go-a-head and give them the OSX S/N from that, if its registered to you then even better and you should avoid any further discussion about the OSX S/N not being registered.

I'm guessing it does not matter if the real Mac and the hackintosh are a different types (e.g. one is a Macbook and the other is an iMac), right? I believe the generated code is created based on some of the values from the device, but they don't check if all matches up nor if iMessage is really not working on the machine with the S/N you give, so it's fine... yes?

And thank you for your work jaymonkey. :clap:

I'm on Yosemite, and am getting that error. I've tried all the fixes.

@dannymichel,

Check both your S/N (Part-1, Step-3) & SmUUID (Part-2) are valid.

Cheers
Jay

Ok. I've manually set SmUUID and checked InjectSystemID, thus regenerated icloud keychains.....iMessage and Facetime are not affected. Everything's working fine.

@herrlee,

Cool, glad your sorted .... remember to keep all your critical system ID's safe for future use ....

Jay

Does anyone know of a good easy fail-proof guide that allows me to transition from MultiBeast to Clover bootloader in order to use iMessage? I'm running 10.10. Thanks!

Is it safe to update Yosemite to 10.10.1?

Ok, I got the message to call apple, but they're having a tough time fixing it for me. They said they wanted logs from my computer. I said I had to call them back. Did I do something wrong? Thet even have a serial number from a real Mac.

imessage-small.png iMessage
Guide Update
Yosemite OSX 10.10.1
Combo Update
Confirmed Working

Good news everyone...

iMessage continues to work flawlessly after applying the new OSX 10.10.1 Combo Update.

Please see the Start of the Guide for my iMessage safe update method.

I've up-dated three of my own systems so far and all have come straight back after reboot fully working with iMessage fully functional .... I had to log back in-to iCloud on two machines ... but no issues.

You cant but be impressed with Clovers dynamic boot-time patching ...... no need to re-install any kexts or patches for Audio, Trim, BT4, Handoff, Wifi ... etc .. etc .

Cheers
Jay

Back