Contribute
Register
Not quite correct ...

Leave BoardSerialNumber & BoardVersion blank ...
Serial Number should always be persistent and correct OSX S/N ...

Jay

Unfortunately, does not work :( iMessageDebugv2 still shows xx000xxx000x ROM format, where xxx - is letters and numbers. As I understand it, instead of 000 should also be some letters and numbers ???
I left empty BoardSerialNomber. BoardVersion no in config, but it did not help. Everything remained unchanged.

When checking the serial number shows the message "We're sorry, the number you have provided can not be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again" I understand it correctly.

???

Jay,

First off, thanks for all that you do on the Tonymacx86.com! I hope you can offer some sage advice. Up until last night I had a working iMessage and Facetime Yosemite 10.10 dual boot Clover 2976 Legacy/Windows 8.1 system. Then I made the mistake of adding a PCI Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth adapter that support handoff and continuity. Once that happened, I've lost them both. Figured it had to do with the extra WIFI adapter's addition of a 2nd MAC address and/or IP address (which of-course I rectified removing the WIFI's connection to the network). I have verified that my on-board Ethernet is using EN0.

Now all I get is the troublesome message indicating that a problem occurred during activation.

MY MLB and ROM values along with my serial number (used since Legacy) have not changed and I have verified through iMessage debugger that nothing is modified with clover reboots. However the problem persists.

Is it possible that those values have been blacklisted by Apple due to the hardware modification of the Broadcom/Bluetooth addition?

I have wiped the hard drive clean, and reinstalled Yosemite from scratch with no luck. I assume my only course of action is to inject a new SSUID with new MLB, ROM and Serial values?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Solved my own problem. My mb's original MBL and ROM are indeed connected to a hardware configuration remembered by Apple iMessage servers. Utilizing the MB's MLB and ROM with a new generated serial did NOT work. Once I setup a new set of documents (i.e., MLB, ROM, SMUUID, Serial) I was good to go.

Last edited:
Using Clover 2999 on Ga-Z87-HD3 without problems. I've never had ID issues due to Clover on this board. 2976 only had an issue with transparency at the clover boot screen and maybe some rebooting issues when Yosemite had almost loaded (not sure as I don't cold boot/reboot this machine much). Other than that, it's all working fine.

@MacOSXUser,

Some of the more recent versions of clover are suffering issues ..... if using a current version try backing out to r2953 which i have found to be the most stable and all six of my hacks are running this version.You should inject MLB & ROM via rtVariables even though this method is quoted as depreciated I personally find it more reliable than the new method. Both methods are detailed in Part-1, Step-5d of the guide (if using rt method leave board version and serial number blank)

Cheers
Jay

Injection of MLB and ROM values taken from the SmUUID and Board Serial Number work very well for me, do you recon it's safer to use the Rt Variables field?

Great guide. Finally get to know what's caused the 'contact customer service' issue.

Great Guide. I did everything has instructed and then finally got the call apple message. Called them, gave them my old macbook pro serial, and said it happened upgrading to Yosemite. The apple guy was friendly and didn't really ask many questions. He said it had even happened to him before. Fixed it and now its all working!

One questions. I'm using all the parameters to get iMessage working on my hackintosh from my real macbok pro, serial number, ROM value .. etc. Is there any wrong to use it? it's better if I find another one?.

Thank you.

One questions. I'm using all the parameters to get iMessage working on my hackintosh from my real macbok pro, serial number, ROM value .. etc. Is there any wrong to use it? it's better if I find another one?.

Thank you.

@ysko,

If you've only used the S/N on a single hackingtosh then you may be lucky and it may continue to work, if you've used it more than once then it's quite possible you'll get kicked out in the next week or so ... by doing this you run the risk of blacklisting you own OSX S/N .... Apple are constantly improving the ID miss-match checks on their backend servers.

I've tried to warn users not to do this but it seems that some users think they know better without understanding the ramifications.

With Apple now in partnership with IBM to supply enterprise systems its obvious that Apple will plug this security hole .... because the iMessage security token can be used on more than one machine.

Many users who have used cloned/leached/stolen ID's are getting kicked out of iMessage, as detailed in teh guide its always best to use unique non-registered ID's to be safe ... everything you need to know is in the guide. Using cloned ID's is discussed in Part-1, Step-5f.

Cheers
Jay

Jay, I made the mistake of adding a PCI Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth adapter that support handoff and continuity. Once that happened, I've lost them both. Figured it had to do with the extra WIFI adapter's addition of a 2nd MAC address and/or IP address (which of-course I rectified removing the WIFI's connection to the network). I have verified that my on-board Ethernet is using EN0.

Now all I get is the troublesome message indicating that a problem occurred during activation.

Solved my own problem. My mb's original MBL and ROM are indeed connected to a hardware configuration remembered by Apple iMessage servers. Utilizing the MB's MLB and ROM with a new generated serial did NOT work. Once I setup a new set of documents (i.e., MLB, ROM, SMUUID, Serial) I was good to go.

@Grymmie,

I have seen this issue myself ... I believe its down to recent changes in Apples backend server ID Miss-Match checks although adding a new NIC to an existing working OSX configuration should not cause an issue ..... it seems that in some instances it does .. maybe something to do with the MAC address being included in the checks ... not really sure at the moment.

Which System Type are you using ?, Since only MAC Pros have a PCI bus it may be some sort of hardware/platform type cross check coming into play if your using a System Type that does not have PCI expansion capabilities.

In my case performing Part-1,Step-4 of the guide resolved my issue

If that doesn't work creating all new system ID's usually does the job - as you've discovered .... however in this case i recommend using an alternate ROM ID , if you have more than one on-board ethernet port use en1 as the ROM value and if possible use that Ethernet port so the MAC address will be different to the one associated against the old values - really not sure if this is a requirement at the moment...

Cheers
Jay

@ysko,

If you've only used the S/N on a single hackingtosh then you may be lucky and it may continue to work, if you've used it more than once then it's quite possible you'll get kicked out in the next week or so ... by doing this you run the risk of blacklisting you own OSX S/N .... Apple are constantly improving the ID miss-match checks on their backend servers.

I've tried to warn users not to do this but it seems that some users think they know better without understanding the ramifications.

With Apple now in partnership with IBM to supply enterprise systems its obvious that Apple will plug this security hole .... because the iMessage security token can be used on more than one machine.

Many users who have used cloned/leached/stolen ID's are getting kicked out of iMessage, as detailed in teh guide its always best to use unique non-registered ID's to be safe ... everything you need to know is in the guide. Using cloned ID's is discussed in Part-1, Step-5f.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you for your reply, I removed all the information and I'll start again with a non-real mac serial .

Back