Contribute
Register
Hello,

first thank you for this great guide
it helped me to have imessage under 10.8 and clover

Last week-end i decided to upgrade to yosemite 10.10
everythings work except imessage and facetime

I tried to add MLB and ROM which i didn't use under 10.8 but it didn't work

i realised that my serial number i used before was a real one. So i decided to change it.
I deleted all the files, boot and reboot,

still have the problem i don't see what i missed

Any advices ?

thank you
pasm

In the rtVariables tab of Clover Configurator ROM and MLB fields are blank. Should i fill them manually by hand?

@iDVD,

Step 5d of the guide explains everything everything you need to know about setting and injecting MLB & ROM Values ... be sure to read and understand the whole step ...

Jay

Hey, was having the same issue as I overlooked what was actually in the guide and resolved my issue:

"MLB: This is now read from the 'Board Serial Number' field on the SMBIOS page, on a clean Clover install this is defaulted to Clovers own set value which is now black-listed on Apples systems. You therefore must replace this with your existing MLB value (on an existing install) or use your OSX S/N + Random Alpha / Numeric digits to make it up to 17 digits."

I recreated the MLB as explained above (OSX serial + alphanumeric sequence to go up to 17 digits) and it solved my issue.

I'll play with this when I get home tonight.

is anyone having problems sending iMessage message to curtain people? i can send and receive iMessage messages to curtain people FaceTime is also working fine but only curtain people i try and send a message to and not delivered or comes up with just text messages any ideas this is in Yosemite Clover Bootloader I'm wondering if apples servers are down

I'm trying to get iMessage working with very little success.

First of all this is a new Clover installation. I've been running iMessage over many year very successfully until Apple complicated everything. I do have a serial number on the iCloud with a different serial number from when iMessage worked.

Now when I run iMessage_debug I get completely different settings and I keep getting an Activation error.

I've run CC over and over again with various settings ... Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had a previous Mavericks install but neglected to document the following:

SMUUID (SystemId)
OSX S/N
MLB
ROM

Therefore I already have a system documented with Apple. Reading further in the instructions it says:

"Before trying iMessage run iMessage Debug and ensure that all your ID's match your previous Mavericks build including the Hardware (platform) UUID, if all ok try iMessage and it should work. If ANY ID's are not the same or are changing on each boot then resolve the issues before trying iMessage or Contact Apple to Unlock AppleID/Device."

Is this why I can't Activate iMessage on my new Clover Yosemite system?

Further the instructions say:

"Do not confuse the SmUUID (systemId) with the Hardware (Platform) UUID on your old build, you should only need to add the SmUUID to Clover's config.plist, then OSX should automatically generate the same Hardware UUID as before."

I no longer have the Maverick install so I can't get the systemID. Is there anyway to recreate it system my Yosemite systemID is different? If I re-installed Maverick on a different HDD would it provide me the correct systemID, ROM, MLB and OSX S/N to match what's registered on Apple?

I no longer have the Maverick install so I can't get the systemID. Is there anyway to recreate it system my Yosemite systemID is different? If I re-installed Maverick on a different HDD would it provide me the correct systemID, ROM, MLB and OSX S/N to match what's registered on Apple?

@raketa,

You should be able to recover the /Extra folder from your backups/time-machine, if you were injecting SmUUID (SystemId) then you should be able to get the value long with osx /n from the smbios and chameleon plists.

if you don't have any record of your old ROM and MLB values Use the MAC address of eh0 for the ROM value and the S/N + extra digits for MLB as detailed in Step-5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

First of all I just wanted to say thanks for all the time, effort ....

I know this is a long post just for a thank you but wanted to give those folks out there who feel frustrated and want to give up a little hope. I GUARANTEE you, if I can do it you can too! Thanks again for such a great place to come to!

P.S. Not sure if this is addressed somewhere in this long thread but my MLB value was 16 digits not 17. I am sure this is a known thing but wanted to point it out just in case.

@somoteitbe,

Thanks for your feedback, its always good to read that the guide has helped someone ... especially a novice ... I've tried to make the guide cover all levels of expertise which is why the guide is so long....but there is a lot of information to cover - I suspect some people are not reading the guide in full and missing some of the finer details.

If your using a 1st generation system ID such as MacPro 3,1 then the OSX S/N will be 11 digits rather than 12 as it does not include the 'generation' number as detailed in Step 3 of the guide ...

Can you confirm if your MLB is 16 or 17 digits as thats something i've been looking for clarification on - see Step 5d of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

Could you provide me with guidelines? I would definitely want imessage to work again...sorry for nagging :)

With What ??

Back