Contribute
Register
Bingo! and i did not use the serial from the real mac.. only those 3 values..

SmUUID (IOPlatformUUID): 5002e503-4904-ed05-e306-560700080009

^^ That is the real Mac's hardware UUID. Verify this yourself in System Report.

1. Run iMessage_debug on your real mac and copy down the:

IOPlatformUUID: ex. 5002e503-4904-ed05-e306-560700080009
ROM: ex. <05563119 b22b> convert this to 05563119b22b
MLB: ex. WA2826230BXA5

2. In clover configurator under SMBIOS, generate any fake system you want with clover configurator.
In the blanks for...put your real mac values in:

Board Serial Number (MLB): WA2826230BXA5
SmUUID (IOPlatformUUID): 5002e503-4904-ed05-e306-560700080009

@tyns,

This is incorrect your injecting your old Hardware (platform) Id as your new SmUUID (Systemid), so under Clover the OSX Hardware (platformId) will now be different, causing a S/N / Device UUID miss-match. You should be using the UUID value form the registry location detailed in Part-2 of the guide.

With what you've written above when you run iMessage Debug under your clover install you will see that your platform UUID has changed (again)

Do not get confused between the BIOS level UUID known as SmUUID or SystemId and the OSX generated Hardware UUID also known as the Platform UUID, if you do you will not be able to authenticate the iMessage security token that you originally registered iMessage with leading to login/contact list ... issues.

i suspect that many users are making this mistake, Part two of the guide explains the difference and how one is generated from the other ....

Cheers
Jay

@tyns,

This is incorrect your injecting your old Hardware (platform) Id as your new SmUUID (Systemid), so under Clover the OSX Hardware (platformId) will now be different, causing a S/N / Device UUID miss-match. You should be using the UUID value form the registry location detailed in Part-2 of the guide.

With what you've written above when you run iMessage Debug under your clover install you will see that your platform UUID has changed (again)

Do not get confused between the BIOS level UUID known as SmUUID or SystemId and the OSX generated Hardware UUID also known as the Platform UUID, if you do you will not be able to authenticate the iMessage security token that you originally registered iMessage with leading to login/contact list ... issues.

i suspect that many users are making this mistake, Part two of the guide explains the difference and how one is generated from the other ....

Cheers
Jay

I stand corrected... I apologize (still learning clover), I appreciate the clarification.

Well, omit step 2 of the instructions I posted and mine still logs in and out of messages. I have rebooted several times and my IOPlatformUUID on my hackintosh is different from my real mac, but it is persistent. The ROM and MLB do match my real mac though.

I have only subbed the ROM and MLB values from my real mac into the Rt Variables.
Not sure in regards to how IOPower NVRam values for oycqAZloTNDm, and abKPld1EcMni get set, but they are equivalent to my real iMac values as well.

I will read over your guide "again", I am confused as to where Clover is drawing the IOPlatformUUID from?

Just to let you know, I successfully got iMessage working on Yosemite (Clover) by calling Apple and giving them a code.

You will need at least one real apple device. I gave them the serial number of a MacBook Air I own, and I also told them the problem was on a MacBook Air (The problem was actually on a Desktop Hackintosh - MacPro3,1). They asked me for the 12 digit customer code and I gave it to them and from there, everything worked.

So, just because you have a Hackintosh doesn't mean you shouldn't call Apple. It was easier than I expected.

TonyTech86

I tried what tyns suggested and am able to get iMessages and send them as normal. No red contact list issues. Everything works. Question is - will doing what he suggested in his post get the Hackintosh banned from Apple?

OK As I'm sure Jaymonkey suspected, you have to be very careful about completely duping all of the IDs of another Apple device you own and use. Since duping my Air's ID on to my Hack, I've started experiencing messaging weirdness. My iPhone is now stuck at waiting for activation, the Text Messaging Forwarding won't work with the real Air, and the Air has now lost as least one iMessage into thin air that I received on another device.

I'm going to spoof another Mac I have that I never use for messaging. Be warned: don't completely spoof a device you own if you also intend to keep using that device for messaging. I just ended a 30 min Apple support chat where the final question was wanting my Air's serial number to escalate it to a CPU advisor and with that I ended the chat...

OK As I'm sure Jaymonkey suspected, you have to be very careful about completely duping all of the IDs of another Apple device you own and use. Since duping my Air's ID on to my Hack, I've started experiencing messaging weirdness. My iPhone is now stuck at waiting for activation, the Text Messaging Forwarding won't work with the real Air, and the Air has now lost as least one iMessage into thin air that I received on another device.

I'm going to spoof another Mac I have that I never use for messaging. Be warned: don't completely spoof a device you own if you also intend to keep using that device for messaging. I just ended a 30 min Apple support chat where the final question was wanting my Air's serial number to escalate it to a CPU advisor and with that I ended the chat...

I personally have 2 iPhones, iPad, 3 real macs. All work perfectly fine. again, I only dumped the MLB and ROM. I don't see how it would cause a problem to the other devices.

I have a friend right now that has all legit macs that has constant blue messages and odd behaviours, so your issue could be unrelated?

The only nuisance I have is I get pop ups on all my devices every time I play around with clover.

having two macs ONLINE with same serial and IDs on 10.10 will cause issues with imessage and one of two may get a periodic boot. be aware that 10.10 keeps a more persistant connection than 10.9.5 and you really want unique serials if both are going to be connected. there is no reason not to use a fake serial. none at all. it's not fake serials that gets you banned, it's too many registrations or constantly changing serials that do, often caused by improperly configured setups or motherboard system ID bug. Then, once banned, yeah maybe spoofing avoids a call to apple cause you're basically switching to serial that was authed before the ban. however, just fix the serial, fix the ban, then no need of mac serial hijacking or risking conflicts between two active machines on same Id.

I tried what tyns suggested and am able to get iMessages and send them as normal. No red contact list issues. Everything works. Question is - will doing what he suggested in his post get the Hackintosh banned from Apple?

I don't see how it would. In fact, since you have your authentic mac info under your own apple id, would it not be near impossible for them to block it? I have never read of anyone having their legit mac blocked from messages. If they did, a simple call to apple would unlock it regardless.

It they are unlocking hackintoshes by phone call, they obviously are limited to the information they see on their end. They would instantly know that you have a fake machine that has borked values.

Worst they could do is start to require even further hardware info to authenticate to messages.

having two macs ONLINE with same serial and IDs on 10.10 will cause issues with imessage and one of two may get a periodic boot.

I have to possibly agree, when testing with Serial values being mimicked I had some odd iCloud behaviours with keychains. I had to reauthorize keychains a few times. Since mimicking ONLY the ROM and MLB, things have worked no problem across the machines. I get instant message synchronization. Never miss a message. It is very solid.

Back