Contribute
Register
Hopefully someone can help me out....

I have everything up and running and followed this guide and Tony macs to get my ga-77n-wifi onto Yosemite using Clover. I followed all the directions but my UUID and the Rom are changing after every boot. Every other # is staying the same. Usually it's Rom/MLB that change but UUID & Rom are changing after every reboot and MLB stays.

UPDATE: I used my MAC address and that fixed the ROM. I was still getting a changing / non matching UUID. I removed the SmUUID from configurator that clover generated and rebooted. the System now has matching ROM / MLB / UUID every time I turn on or reboot. The only issue is that SmUUID in configurator (aka config.plist) I left blank. The system still pulls the same UUID everytime and verified it with Imessage-Debug. Will this get flagged? And if so, is there a way to fix this. :)

Has anyone come across this? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

+1 here persistant ROM,MLB values but the UUID keeps changing on every reboot.. I can log in to iMessage and FaceTime, but it doesn't sync with my messages, and when i try to write someone it says that my contact is not registered with iMessage :banghead:

Hi there..

I have a H87N and have tried almost all of your hints to get iMessage to work. But I can't get my ethernet to be named en0, I have 2 ethernet ports and the one thats called en0 does not work with any kext i could find.

This has been happening for 3 months at about, extremely frustrating. I almost kicked my computer once!!! GRRR... anyway...

I am planning on getting Yosemite and try the clover method (the only method I haven't tried yet). But I was wondering if I can use clover on a raid configuration? I have 4 SSDs in raid 0, and Id like to keep it that way.

Thanks
Leo

I had trouble with that as well (similar mobo as you) when on Chimera because when booting into the machine for the first time, you can't dictate any of the kexts and you allow the default actions to occur so you're a bit at the mercy of the machine. With Clover, because you are selectively place which kext to start with in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ folder, I suspect it makes all the difference. I haven't done any technical investigations on this, but in all the installations I did, this seemed the case to me as with Clover I got the port that I could enable to be en0 every time.

+1 here persistant ROM,MLB values but the UUID keeps changing on every reboot.. I can log in to iMessage and FaceTime, but it doesn't sync with my messages, and when i try to write someone it says that my contact is not registered with iMessage :banghead:

Same Here o_O

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Intel i7 3770k
Asus GTX 680 Top
32 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

Is there any plan to have a fix for Chimera users? Really not keen to migrate to Clover - not as polished procedure like with Chimera (yet)

See post 1684

Though I disagree with the not polished procedure. Certainly there are more steps, but I don't think it's any harder to understand than Chimera. I migrated to Clover last week so I speak from fresh experience. Not only do you get iMessage working, but I find it's actually provided added stability.

Hi
I've got some problems with iMessage. I called Apple in order to register my apple ID and I'm able to log in into both iMessage and Facetime, but I can't send messages. Facetime works, but in iMessage when I try sendind message, I'm getting "xxx number is not registered with iMessage". I'm using the newest Clover and 10.10 Yosemite.

And what is worth mentioning. On mavericks I called Apple with my 1st S/N and everything was working fine, till i restore my system. Now on Yosemite I tried changing S/N and i'm able to log in on every 3 S/N i used, but on no one messages works properly.

dont know how to thank you mate but it worked for me like a charm! imessage works who hooooo:headbang::headbang:

dont know how to thank you mate but it worked for me like a charm! imessage works who hooooo:headbang::headbang:

Are you using real mac numbers? I have a macbook but I'm a little hesitant to use these numbers as I'm not sure if speedstep will still work afterwards.

Little status update- don't give up on Legacy bootloaders yet- they do have their advantages. ;)

I know a few people currently looking at Meklort's FileNVRAM code to see if a fix can be compiled for Yosemite. It's only a few days since the OS was launched- I'm sure that can be done- just will take a bit of time and research. Watch this space.

Source of FileNVRAM
https://public.xzenue.com/websvn/listing.php?repname=FileNVRAM

I don't know enough about this stuff to be able to do anything, but thanks @tonymacx86 for the persistence. I am eagerly waiting for a Chameleon/Chimera fix for iMessage!

Thanks for this guide and introduction to Clover. I updated to Yosemite, my MB GA-p55m-ud2., with patches DSDT. On Mavericks I was using chimera, had valid ROM and MLB values, iMessage working fine. After update I injected the same values with clover but can not log in. I noticed that the hardware UUID, has changed. Is there any way to inject this value with clover, or is there a better work around? Thanks.

Thanks for this guide and introduction to Clover. I updated to Yosemite, my MB GA-p55m-ud2., with patches DSDT. On Mavericks I was using chimera, had valid ROM and MLB values, iMessage working fine. After update I injected the same values with clover but can not log in. I noticed that the hardware UUID, has changed. Is there any way to inject this value with clover, or is there a better work around? Thanks.

Yup, same reoccurring issue for people. I could 't use the compiled SmUUID that Clover gave me. Every reboot was a different number. So what I did is left SmUUID blank on my config.plist/configurator. This consistently gave me the same UUID every time however unknown if this would be flagged.

If you are trying to patch in your previous UUID then I don't know if it can be done (seeing as it keeps changing it).

Back