Contribute
Register
Yes for those using Chimera or Chameleon are waiting on NVRAM kext to make it work.
Personally, I don't hold much hope of it being ever updated to make it work. If so, the developer would have made it work during the few months Yosemite was in beta. I think he may have lost interest.

Ive moved onto Clover (I just have one niggling issue which I hope I resolved but it isn't in any way related to iMessage/icloud and all the stuff associated with it).

I urge everyone move to Clover.

I find it hard to believe that nobody is working on this. Imessage is one of the most important features of MAC. I honestly would have taken the time to create this before even worrying about audio. Its very easy to go buy a $5 usb to audio out dongle and the quality is negligible. Priorities.

I find it hard to believe that nobody is working on this. Imessage is one of the most important features of MAC. I honestly would have taken the time to create this before even worrying about audio. Its very easy to go buy a $5 usb to audio out dongle and the quality is negligible. Priorities.

Considering how long Yosemite DP and Beta has been out for and no one anywhere has come up with a solution for Chameleon/Chimera, I don't think one will be found. It makes me sad that I will probably be switching to Clover after being with Chameleon since day 1. I have used Clover and see no real benefit over Chameleon (until now). IMO it is confusing to configure; too many folders and sub folders and sub sub folders....

:cry:

Reboot and boot via Clover .. Hello Yosemite - I was actually amazed at how well this worked as i was quite prepared to install from scratch but no need. This goes to show just how powerful and flexible Clover makes OS X. As a final test I ran iMessage Debug and sure enough all my ID's were the same as before i started the update.

Like a lot in these forums... I have Mavericks installed via Unibeast/Multibeast method with the Chimera bootloader. Are you saying we can boot via Clover w/out having to do a fresh install? Get things configured properly and working, and then upgrade to Yosemite?

I'm reading through all the Clover install guides, and my head is spinning. You mentioned you'd also be releasing a guide, and the help is much appreciated. In the meantime, can you point us to anything to better understand the process?

Agreed...

Just a suggestion... someone if they want, can contact the developer of NVRAM. Its very easy to google to see who created it and ask them if there will be a update.

Personally, I think Chimera/Chameleoon is dead if there is no solution. While I got Clover working, its taken me countless hours to understand how it works and what boxes to tick. Chameleons strength lies in its ease of use, but if a core feature doesn't work it aint looking rosy.

After such a long time of tinkering around with NVRAM and iMessage on Chameleon. Doing pretty much everything on the internet related to such things. I'm going to Clover. Looks brutal, but the work to get it going will be a reward if iMessage is fixed.

OK having read almost all pages of this thread - thank you all for your info! - I have not found a detailed guide for noobs that does the following: transition from chimera using filenvram to clover but keeping the needed values to keep iMessage working.

Right now my hackintosh is 100% working after I called Apple with the case number iMessage produced. The guy I talked to was very helpful and iMessage is now OK. It probably helps that I am also an owner of a macbook, iphone and ipad and also the fact that Apple seems to be ok with people spreading the use of OSX.

How exactly can I keep the various needed IDs and transfer them to Clover? I do not have a UEFI bios and right now I seem to have fixed values for Serial Number, UUID, etc...

I hope you guys let us know exactly which values we need to note down and how to insert them in a Clover/Yosemite combination so that Apple servers will not detect mistakes or differences from what is now in working order.

BR,
F

Take note of your MLB and ROM figures.

When your configuring your system in Clover (I recommend using Clover configurator) there is a section there where you input them, save and your done.

Are these found in some plist file in /Extra? Do I need any other values? Uuid, serial etc?

Thank you and apologies for my arrogance.

F

Are these found in some plist file in /Extra? Do I need any other values? Uuid, serial etc?

Thank you and apologies for my arrogance.

F
No, use Clover Configurator, everything is written in the config.plist file inside the EFI partition (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/). You need to mount it first using Clover Configurator. First, go to SMBIOS tab and generate new random values for the same platform you were using before (iMac, Mac Pro, etc). Then, change them to keep your old SmUUID, MLB and serial values. Now, go to Rt Variables tab and override the ROM value if the ROM was not part of your SmUUID before. Reboot, and check with imessage_debug script if everything is exactly the same as you had before switching to Clover.

Back