Contribute
Register
I`m having the same problem logging in to IMessage but iCloud and Appstore are working fine.
I used my Hackintosh for a couple of month without any trouble but suddenly i was locked out.
I have also a official MBP(early 2011) on this device its working fine!!
I reinstalled System, called apple care and no solution!!
Im connected to the internet over Wifi (Wn881ND) its´s en0
NVRam1.1.3 is installed with the latest version of Chameleon
Please Help;)

@Simpsonbear,

What motherboard have you got ?
If it has On-Board Ethernet then ideally they should be en0, en1 .. then the wifi .. en2 - see part-1, Step 2

I suspect that you have non persistent ID's - see Part-1, Step 5d
Check for Sid Bug - See Part 2

You have iMac 14,2 in your SMBIOS but ATM shows picture of Mac PRO ???? unless you've renamed the icons in the SystemTypes Bundle/Recourses then this should never happen.

Possible System Type - S/N Miss-match - see Part-1, Step 3

If it where me i'd ditch the existing personality as it looks totally screwed and make a new one, SmUUID, S/N, System Type, ROM & MLB ... etc. Set ROM to Ethernet en0 MAC address - see Part-1, Step-5d

Please read the guide all the answers are there .

Cheers
Jay

I'm locked out of iMessage after three weeks again.

Previously, I fixed the 'SMsystemuuid' bug affecting my UEFI mobo but I know the culprit this time (which I missed last time): non-persistent MLB & ROM values.

No combination of Chimera/Chameleon latest/FileNVRAM seems to make those values stick.

Only option is to switch to Clover which I plan to do soon.

I'm locked out of iMessage after three weeks again.

Previously, I fixed the 'SMsystemuuid' bug affecting my UEFI mobo but I know the culprit this time (which I missed last time): non-persistent MLB & ROM values.

No combination of Chimera/Chameleon latest/FileNVRAM seems to make those values stick.

Only option is to switch to Clover which I plan to do soon.

@Kris404,

Yeah, a lot of users who have mobo/Bios SId bug AND non persistent MLB & ROM values are kind of knackered with the old boot-loaders and the FileNVRAM plug-in module. One combination works well if you only Suffer SId Bug and another works ok if you have non-persistent nvram values. But if you suffer from both then Clover is by far the best solution. It should also put you in a good position for OSX 10.10 which woks well with Clover.

You wont regret it ... once you got your head around UEFI booting which is the hardest part for legacy users to learn - Clover is easy.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

ok, so I had called apple with code after booting up with Clover from USB. I was certain no values changed after rebooting. I got it so I could log in, but was stuck with the red user "user is not a user of imessages" for everyone. So I was doing fiddling again and got locked out again with error code for apple. Now I've installed clover on my SSD, and I boot up with it. I put in values for smUUID and Rt Variables for MLB and ROM. They seem to be fine (the ROM value is like "000X000X 000X") where the X are numbers. Is the MLB suppose to match serial perfectly with added digits on it because mine isn't. I want to make sure that I've done everything fine so that when I call again that it should work after they clear me. I've deleted all the necessary files and directories from guide and rebooted already. I also chose iMac 13,2 for my system.

You think there is anything that I missed? Should I delete the Extra folder now or doesn't that affect me since booting with Clover? Thanks for any advice, really miss iMessages on my Hack.

@tool667,

Unless Apple have changed something over the weekend then the only way to get the iMessage Alert to contact Apple with a customer code is if you have a 'high-volume' of Apple Devices associated with your WAN IP. It can be iPhone's, iPad's, MAC's and of course Hackingtosh systems.

Do you have other Hacks that are on your network, even if you don't you iMessage on them ?
Do you share your network with some who as a Hackingtosh ?

If so it's probable that they are not setup correctly and have non persistent ID Values.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the reply. I do have another hackintosh as well as multiple iPhones, iPads, and a real mac. I guess I never realized there may be a limit to the number of devices. I will check my other hack to see if it's values change on reboot (again, something I wasn't really thinking about since I don't use iMessage on that one). Thanks for the suggestions!

the ROM value is like "000X000X 000X") where the X are numbers.

@MaDxCrEaM,

Thats an invalid ROM value - use the MAC address of 'en0'

Is the MLB suppose to match serial perfectly with added digits on it because mine isn't.

Yes, the first 12 digits of the MLB value must be the OSX S/N followed by five random Alpha/Numeric characters as detailed in see Part-1, Step 5d of the guide.

It sounds like you got a miss-match of values between the SMBIOS values and the RTVariables.

If it was me i would simply re-run Clover Configurator again (mount EFI Partition first) and click on the Magic Wand again on the SMBIOS page and re-select the pre-made SMBIOS profile. Clear out the values for ROM & MLB in the RTVariables section. Run uuidgen in terminal again and put value into SmUUID filed on SMBIOS page.

Reboot and run iMessage Debug. Make sure the first 12 digits of MLB match your S/N. If so copy MLB value and put as MLB Value in RTVariables section of Clover Configurator, Set ROM Value to MAC address of en0.

All of the above is covered in Part-1, Step-5d of the guide.

Reboot/Cold boot and check all ID's again, they should all now be constant, if so then your ready to go.

Cheers
Jay

Yes, the first 12 digits of the MLB value must be the OSX S/N followed by five random Alpha/Numeric characters as detailed in see Part-1, Step 5d of the guide.

The clove wiki says something else:

BoardSerialNumber
Don't mix it with system serial number. Clover will use one specific value here, which needs to be replaced by your own serial number. It is required for working iCloud and iMessage services (initialize MLB RtVariable if missing). The length must be 17 digits, consisting of letters from the Latin alphabet and numbers. The serial number used by Clover is most probably banned already.

"

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS#BoardSerialNumber

MLB
Deprecated! Will automatically be read from SMBIOS.
Digits and letters, 17 in length, describing the motherboard's serial number. No special rule exists here. The best option is to choose a real serial number and to replace digits in the middle. For instance, write …SLICE… or whatever comes to your mind.

:crazy:

The System Serial is not equal the Board serial

The clove wiki says something else:

@tabarus,

Thanks for the heads up on RtVariables MLB & ROM becoming deprecated ... its been a while since i looked at the official Wiki, I'll update the guide accordingly, the wiki is a little vague but i think the way it works now is as follows :-

SmUUID: Use uuidgen to generate a random uuid and replace last 6 bytes with MAC address of en0, the last 6 Bytes will be used as the ROM Value.

OSX S/N: Should be tied to System Type (C0 or CK) like before - use Magic Wand to be sure

Board S/N: Defaulted to Clovers own value, replace with your what you were using before or use your OSX S/N + Random Alpha/Numeric digits to make up to 17 digits this value will become the MLB value, I don't think it really matters too much as long as its unique.

You can still use the RTVariables method for the moment it works fine, but its worth migrating your settings over to the above at some point as not sure how long the RTVariables will work for over the next few releases of Clover.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply,
I tried both none worked properly yet :/

eg this without the RtVariables block:

Code:
<key>SmUUID</key>
<string>74******-3504-8605-4906-************</string>

<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>CK*********</string>

<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>C0***************</string>

or this RtVariables block:

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<false/>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C0***************</string> //same BoardSerialNumber ?     
<key>ROM</key>
<data>000000I6Mzk6OWI6M000000=</data> //how to generate this?
</dict>

I just get the "Call Apple" Message

Is there a way way to check if the RTVariables are working properly , please?

Thank you for the reply,
I just get the "Call Apple" Message

Is there a way way to check if the RTVariables are working properly , please?

@tabarus,

If you get the call Apple Message with a Customer code then you will need to do that at some point and give them the code to unlock the Device block on your AppleID - See Part-2, Step 8 of the guide.

You can Use iMessage Debug to check everything first - See Part-1, Step-5d of the guide.

At the Moment I'm still using the RTVariables (Via Clover Configurator) and all works well....

Cheers
Jay

Back