Contribute
Register
iMessage and FaceTime both now working! Thanks JayMonkey for all your help!

Clover install (EFI); injected MLB/ROM/Sn

UUIDGEN in Terminal (x5) and inject that into smUUID and custom...checked yes for inject. Reboot and no more red contacts.

Hi,

I change my smbios.plist to iMac13,2 with Chameleon wizard and make a random SN. I think all is ok, but I dont able to get ROM and MLB stable between reboot. I try 5 versions of Chameleon... but the same thing. I have a fusion drive, the FileNVRAM.dylib (1.1.3) is on disk0s1 and disk1s3. The 1.1.2 don't work for me (no UUID)
Do you have some suggestions before Clover boot loader?

@malazaba,

I don't have much experience with Fusion Drives but from what i do understand they use a Helper partition for the boot-loader which is exactly the same as using a software Raid. Since the Helper partition is not mounted once OSX is booted, FileNVRAM has no access to its plist in /Extra which means that when you issue the nvram terminal commands to inject MLB & ROM it only injects into the nvram cache which can not be written to the plist thus causing the non persistence on a reboot.

You could try mounting the helper partition before injecting MLB & ROM, then check the nvram.uuid.plist to see if its been updated...but i've never tried this.

Read the RAID sections of the guide to understand the problem a bit further and how to address the issue when using RAID, however i am not sure if this will directly trasnlate to a fusion drive....i'd like some more feedback.

I've seen the problems with 1.1.2 Filenvram not injecting SmUUID - as explained in the guide its all down to revisions of the boot-loader not playing nice with FileNVRAM and the SMBIOS memory allocation tables.

Clover is the future as it avoid all of these issues but does require a certain amount of trail and error for new users and does not support a all hardware, but its under constant development unlike Chameleon and FileNVRAM, Clove is well worth the effort and once you understand it, you'll not want to go back.

Cheers
Jay

I was thinking about installing all this to the EFI partition. Has anyone had any luck, issues, problems with doing that? I think I read somewhere on the hundreds of pages that there was a problem doing this.

@pkdesign,

Installing the Boot-loader and /Extra on to the EFI Partition is not recommended if using FileNVRAM because FileNVRAM needs constant access to its plist in /Extra. It is possible to make it work but you have to ensure that the EFI partition is mounted at all times.

See Part-1, Step-5c - Note 2 for more info on this.

Cheers
Jay

iMessage and FaceTime both now working! Thanks JayMonkey for all your help!

Clover install (EFI); injected MLB/ROM/Sn

UUIDGEN in Terminal (x5) and inject that into smUUID and custom...checked yes for inject. Reboot and no more red contacts.

@tadoan,

Glad you up and running, I've added your Motherboard to the list in Part-2 of confirmed boards suffering from the SId Bug.

I'm thinking of writing a new part to the guide for updating to Clover using my hybrid method and getting iMessage up and running, but not sure what the demand would be and where i would find the time ...it seems many users think Clover is complicated which I think is down to overly complex guides - which method did you use ?

Cheers
Jay

Hi @JayMonkey,
MLB/ROM/SN 11111..... were blocked, can u help me..:(:(:(
thx so much,

@lethanhtung89,

As i explained you should not use shared/leached values they will get black listed by Apple as multiple users will use them thus causing security issues.

Read the guide, for MLB & ROM issues see Part-1, Step-5d where its all explained in detail, but it sounds like you should read the whole guide so you will understand all the issues, what causes them and how to fix them.

Cheers
Jay

Hi,
Chameleon Wizard don't list revisions, but my internet connection work. Do you have a link for r2283 i386 binary? I don't find it on google

@malazaba,

Use the latest version of CW, the version on this site is out of date and does not connect with the repo's
The version on this link should always be the latest :-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

@jaymonkey: Thanks to refresh the basic on Raid/Fusion. I think I am to tired las night. :crazy: You write a nice guide.

Thanks for the feedback, glad your sorted now.

Cheers
Jay

Is there any particular reason nvram.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx.plist would not get generated?
I have read the guide and understand it "Should" be generated when it is first accessed.
I am not using an EFI partition.

I have accessed the App Store and set up WiFi.
so I would think something should be stored in there. I am nervous about trying to log in again before knowing everything is correct as I have already had to call help twice.

Is there any particular reason nvram.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx.plist would not get generated?
I have read the guide and understand it "Should" be generated when it is first accessed.
I am not using an EFI partition.

I have accessed the App Store and set up WiFi.
so I would think something should be stored in there. I am nervous about trying to log in again before knowing everything is correct as I have already had to call help twice.

@cliffg,

I see you have UD5-TH which is known to suffer from the SId bug, if nvram.uuid.plist is not being generated then you need to check your boot-loader and /Extra folder, make sure its installed correctly on your start up drive - if your OSX drive is not your Boot-drive then this will cause problems for FileNVRAM . Unfortunately Different versions of FileNVRAM have different issues with various revisions of Chameleon/Chimera and the situation is getting worse as both of these utilities are falling behind OSX development and its only getting worse.

If your using a Fusion drive or RAID then there are addition steps required, read the RAID sections of the guide.

My advice would be to switch to using Clover as this will solve the SmUUID injection problem and persistent MLB & ROM values. If you want to stick with Chameleon/Chimera then your going to have to experiment. Try using the latest version Of Chameleon Wizard to test different versions and try and find a combination that works for you - see Part-1 Step 3 and Step 5d of the guide.

Seriously though now is the perfect time to get to grips with Clover, it will solve all of your current iMessage issues and you'll be up to speed with it in time for the public release of OSX 10.10 next month for which Clover will be surely recommend because of the amount of flexibility and control it gives you over loading OSX I seriously doubt that a Chameleon/FileNVRAM solution will be developed that will solve all of these issues and work with OSX 10.10 given how far in front Clover is now.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Back