Contribute
Register
@Jaymonkey,
Thanks Jay for the detailed Clover steps! You absolutely rock! I will be working on this over the next couple of days. I do have one more question. Can/Should I test iMessage with my current AppleID or should a create another one for testing. Thinking this will not lockout my main installation again?

Thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help!

Dora

Called Apple here in Spain.
All asked for the customer code, but finally the last guy said he would remove the block from my account. So he did, now let's hope it lasts.

I suspect it may not last for long, until the next batch run to lock out IDs with invalid serial numbers. So better to have a valid serial number for that model (even if you don't own the original device).

I am getting the same error as you nothing in the guide fixes it.....

I saw such a message when logging into to a different account while iMessage is running in another.

Both of you might have to start over with the cleanup starting from Network Interface plist.

I got my problem resolved. My Rom Version was showing as 00000 0 0 0 0 00 0 00
i used the terminal commands to force my rom version to my ethernet address then when i tried to log in i got the prompt to call apple... i did that and all is well again spoke to soon.

iMessage is everything about MLB and ROM, installing or updating OSX sometimes generating new MLB for our OSX, so to prevent changes on MLB you should override MLB value by injecting it

hello heryts
i have been used your MLB and ROM value.
i'm block my iMessage login today.

how can it find MLB, ROM value for using iMessage?

hello heryts
i have been used your MLB and ROM value.
i'm block my iMessage login today.

how can it find MLB, ROM value for using iMessage?

@sherlocks,

Do not used leached/shared MLB & ROM values, it will only lead to more problems, please see Part-1, step-5d of the guide on how to check and set your MLB & ROM correctly.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay for the detailed Clover steps!. Can/Should I test iMessage with my current AppleID or should a create another one for testing. Thinking this will not lockout my main installation again?

@doradekell,

Should be no need to create a new AppleID but i recommend that while your setting up and getting up to speed with Clover avoid logging into any iCloud services. When you get to the SMBIOS configuration set the SmUUID, S/N, MLB & ROM to what your using now that way there should be no changes detected at Apples End.

Once your happy that your values are correct and persistent (use iMessage Debug) then you should be able to login and all should good.

Just take your time, when using Clover Configurator be sure to mount the EFI partition and load the config.plist from /EFI-Partition/EFI/Clover/config.plist - this is where many people fall down. Clover Configurator has its own built in EFI Mounter but i use Semulov 2.0 which is a great little utility that sits in the menu bar, its free and you can get it here.

Just take your time and digest what your doing.
Good luck, let me know hoe you get on.
Cheers
Jay

I remember the day that thread only had one page. iMessage worked fine for me. But now all of a sudden I'm getting the message that asks me to call Apple (with a "Customer Code"). imessage_debug gives me the same value after a reboot… Nothing changed on my end. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Any thoughts on what to say to Apple once you call? I've unsuccessfully called 3 times, and each time they have said they don't see what's wrong on their side and it should work. I get the message to call with the Customer Code, and when I mention I have the customer code to give them, they behave as if they don't need that info or don't know what that is.

I remember the day that thread only had one page. iMessage worked fine for me. But now all of a sudden I'm getting the message that asks me to call Apple (with a "Customer Code"). imessage_debug gives me the same value after a reboot… Nothing changed on my end. Any ideas on how to fix this?

@kaboon,

If MLB & ROM are ok and you get persistent values (see Part-1, step-5d) then check your S/N & System Type, many people change their System Type (Mac Pro 3,1, iMac 13,1 .. etc) without changing their S/N .... the first two digits of the S/N also identify the System Type and must be changed together. If your using Mac Pro 3,1 then try iMac 13,1. Mac Pro 3,1 & 6,1 have a 11 digit serial number which seems to cause issues with newer hardware, newer Mac's have a 12 digit S/N - see Part-1, Step-5d of the guide for more info.

Apple have been forcing logouts on AppleID devices that look like they have a S/N or SmUUID miss-match, when you log-back-in if the MLB and/or ROM value has changed from the first time you registered with the iCloud then a miss-match is detected and you'll get the contact Apple alert with a customer code, which is fine and can be un-blocked by calling Apple as long as S/N, SmUUID, MLB & ROM are all ok, if not you'll get kicked out again soon. All the answers are in the guide .....

Any thoughts on what to say to Apple once you call? I've unsuccessfully called 3 times, and each time they have said they don't see what's wrong on their side and it should work. I get the message to call with the Customer Code, and when I mention I have the customer code to give them, they behave as if they don't need that info or don't know what that is.

@tadoan,

Before trying again check your S/N (see above), SmUUID (see Part-2), MLB & ROM (see Part-1, Step 5d) if all looks ok try following the advice in Part-2, Step-8 of the guide to contact Apple - it's worked multiple times for me and many others, You need to make sure you get through to MAC OSX, iMessage/AppleID support - don't use the link in the on the Alert Box try my method in Step-8 and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Jay

Back