Contribute
Register
Thanks to everyone for everyone's support. Specially to Jay. i tried my level best to not contact Apple but eventually i had to contact them. It was damn easy than wasting time on finding alternate to fix it. Tell them they remove the restriction and it works. :)

Yesterday iMessage working without problem. I really do nothing. So i don't understand why this error show up. On my dads genuine Mac mini i can log in without any problems

@pienXo,

Its not your fault, its Apples end, they have new security checks - if they suspect a system is a clone it forces a log out, when you log in back in it will re-check ID's if they have changed for any reason you will get login or authentication issues. However a lock is put on the AppleID against the device. The customer code proves it's your system & AppleID - its all explained in the guide.

Cheers
Jay

I don't post here often at all but I've been following this thread closely. My main osx/mavericks machine has been off of imessage for quite awhile. Thanks tons for your guide first of all!! (and I hope this isn't useless info)

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 2.0 w/ ff bios and DSDT installation of mavericks
i7 950 3.07
nvidia gtx 650

-I used your guide to get from errors to a customer code. The 2nd level tech unlocked my imessage on his end, but on reboot...I got another error code and he said he couldn't help me. (I was evasive about the machines tech specs when serial number didn't look right)

-as I dug in deeper, I couldn't get MLB and ROM values consistent through system restarts. I tried all combinations of rolling back filenvram 1.12 and chimera to no end. no dice.

-I did a complete reinstall and during post install w/multibeast...no filenvram.dylib was added to modules. After adding 1.13 version...my nvram.UUID.plist was mostly zeros/bad/insufficient and obviously my imessage debug failed.

-updated smbios w/random uuid to fix and now imessage debug doesn't fail, but still no persistence with ROM/MLB values. I've been keeping it offline with the same paranoia of racking up different MLB/ROM/UUID values.

Hope this helps and thanks again for all your hard work...I'll keep watching your thread!

@drjable,

Did you get the message alert to contact Apple with a customer code ?

If not then Apple will not be able to help, you must resolve all the local issues first, as repeatedly stated in the guide. only contact Apple once you get the following alert:-

Your Apple ID [email protected] can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.
If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.
Customer Code: ####-####-####

Use the guide to resolve your iMessage issues, if you start getting the above alert then contact Apple support using the method detailed in Part-2, Step-8.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks JayMonkey - i now have my machine to the point of getting the Customer Code. going to give apple a call now and try this again. I'll report back.

My iMessage out of the blue has just stopped working.

Ive looked at the debug and ROM values are all 0's..
I couldn't get it saved when booting fresh. I do have a UP5TH board though.

I also have NVRAM plist previously working fine with the SMsystemuuid being unique.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

Installed NVRAM 1.13 and was given an code to call Apple. 1.12 did not give me a code, just an statement being unable to register. Called Apple. It was nice and easy. Didn't even ask for any details aside from my iCloud acct. Thankfully I have a **** load of legit Apple devices/computers so it didn't seem to raise any red flags.. Apple took off the 'block' for my acct no questions asked :)

@miramar,

If ROM value is not persistent between reboots then there is an issue with the interaction between the Boot_loader and FileNVRAM try the suggestions in Part 1, Step 5d, i suspect that anything you do will initially stop iMessage working so perform a full backup/clone before trying to resolve the issues. I'm not sure but i think that they may be some issues with that combination of Chimera & FileNVram with Mountain Lion. You may want to try using Chimera 2.2.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.2 or update to Mavericks.

@jaymonkey

Thanks for info and, in fact, all the great work that you've done here.

I've reverted to Chimera 2.2.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.2, removed SMsystemuuid from smbios.plist, added SystemId into org.chameleon.Boot.plist and am happy to report that both ROM and MLB are now persistent across reboots.

Have checked that IODeviceTree:/efi/platform/system-id is the value as defined by SystemId in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (generated with uuidgen)

However...

the nvram plist file is now: nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009.plist

With Chimera 3.0.1 and FineNVRAM 1.1.3, the nvram plist file was named correctly with system-id but with non-presistent MLB and ROM values.

Any ideas why this is? Everything that I see in imessage_debug and IORegistryExplorer seems to be OK. iMessage is still working (for now).

Just thought that I post my experience with calling Applecare regarding the iMessage lockout. I was calling from Malaysia.

Called Applecare. Told him that I couldn't login to iMessage and about the message to contact Apple Support. I lied and told him that it was on my MacBook.

AppleGuy asked for my phone number in case we got disconnected, serial number and OS X version. I gave the serial number and OS X ver (10.9.4) of my 4 yr old MacBook.

He then asked for the AppleID that I was using for iMessage. Next he got me to logon to appleid.apple.com. Obviously to verify that I had not forgotten the password. This was successful.

He asked for more details and I told him about the message from iMessage to contact iMessage support and the Customer Code that was displayed.

He mentioned that it was a strange message and told me to hang on while he checked with someone else. He came back in 2 mins and told me to try again in iMessage.

At this point, I switched to my Hackintosh and tried logging into iMessage. It didn't work. I got the message again but with a different Customer Code.

Told him about the new Customer Code, there was a pause and he asked me to try again and this time it worked. iMessage connected successfully.

Thanks all round, got a case number from him and hung up.

In total, time taken about 8 mins.

My MLB is coming up as a number that doesn't match my serial and my ROM is coming up as all zeros.

If I manually inject, the MLB is what I injected it as and the ROM is something longer that doesn't match what I injected.

If I then reboot, my MLB goes back to the same number that doesn't match my serial and the ROM goes back to all zeros.

Any suggestions? I have the latest FileNVRAM.h.

Update: The password change trick worked for me. I didn't have to even change it, same one worked. I did it on my real MacBookPro. Is this actually going to hold up?

My MLB is coming up as a number that doesn't match my serial and my ROM is coming up as all zeros.

If I manually inject, the MLB is what I injected it as and the ROM is something longer that doesn't match what I injected.

If I then reboot, my MLB goes back to the same number that doesn't match my serial and the ROM goes back to all zeros.

Any suggestions? I have the latest FileNVRAM.h.

Nevermind. It just got me into the application. Still won't activate.

Update: The password change trick worked for me. I didn't have to even change it, same one worked. I did it on my real MacBookPro. Is this actually going to hold up?

Back