Contribute
Register
I'm hold for mac support now. spoke to some guys in iMessage support and they weren't able to help, they said my apple ID isn't locked up and have nothing extra to do on their end. they don't seem to care this is hackentosh at all, they are interested in getting me fixed. transferring me now to a mac support team. I'll report later how this end.

I'm hold for mac support now. spoke to some guys in iMessage support and they weren't able to help, they said my apple ID isn't locked up and have nothing extra to do on their end. they don't seem to care this is hackentosh at all, they are interested in getting me fixed. transferring me now to a mac support team. I'll report later how this end.

no luck on my end. apple guys were super nice. they tried for like 40 minutes and transferred me around to 4 people but no dice. looks like i need to try the nvram file or other file changes to get this fixed.

one thing to note, my wife is able to login to iMessage on my hackentosh so i know the whole machine isn't blocked. any ideas?

I had previously fixed my iMessage activation errors using this guide but then I changed my SMBios to try to fix the FermiFreeze and messed everything up. I started getting the "Customer Code" error.

Called once to the number on the page that's linked in the error message (the regular Apple support #, (800) 275-2273) and chose "other" product. Once I got a human on the line she insisted that i needed to give a S/N to proceed to iMessage support. When told her I wasn't in front of my machine she told me I would have to call back.

I went to the Apple website, found the "Apple ID support" section and set up a call with
"
Contact Us
"
>
"
Other Apple ID Topics
"
>
"
Messages and Apple ID
"
>
"
Talk to Apple Support Now"
or
"
Schedule a Call"
(I don't think it matters).

After they called me I told the guy I wanted to speak to iMessage support, he asked if I was calling about my MacBook Pro and I told him was calling about a MacPro and he put me through to someone else.

I told the new guy I was getting an error and a Customer Code. He asked for the code so I read off the first four digits and paused (you know, like a polite person giving a long number over the telephone) he said "got it" and started to go on about his business. I stopped him and told him "there are eight more digits". I read the next four and again, "got it", I stopped him again and told him "there are still four more digits". He had clearly never done anything like this because after he got the code he put me on hold for about 5 min. while he "looked it up". After he came back he asked me for my Apple ID, then asked me to try activating it again. I pressed "login" again, the error went away and iMessage reactivated itself.

They never even asked about a S/N on the second call.

I went to the Apple website, found the "Apple ID support" section and set up a call .... After they called me I told the guy I wanted to speak to iMessage support .... he asked me for my Apple ID, then asked me to try activating it again. I pressed "login" again, the error went away and iMessage reactivated itself ..... They never even asked about a S/N on the second call.

@learjet60guy,

Thanks for posting feedback on your Apple Support call, glad you got things working now, I've added a refined method and links of contacting Apple iMessage Support via the Apple Support web Site to Part-2, Step-8 of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

The only other question I have is for the ROM value, my en0 port doesn't work and I use the en1 port so do I inject the MAC address for en1 or en0?

Also since you have the same board I do, do both of your Ethernet ports work? If so, which kexts did you use? Thanks as always for the great guide and advice!

@homerunman106,

Use the latest multibeast (6.4..) for the LAN drivers/kext's, I use the following versions:-

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 11.14.59.pngCheers
Jay

no luck on my end. apple guys were super nice. they tried for like 40 minutes and transferred me around to 4 people but no dice. looks like i need to try the nvram file or other file changes to get this fixed.

@drjable,

Did you get the message alert to contact Apple with a customer code ?

If not then Apple will not be able to help, you must resolve all the local issues first, as repeatedly stated in the guide. only contact Apple once you get the following alert:-

Your Apple ID [email protected] can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.
If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.
Customer Code: ####-####-####

Use the guide to resolve your iMessage issues, if you start getting the above alert then contact Apple support using the method detailed in Part-2, Step-8.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

imessage.png Potential new iMessage and iCloud login issues coming in the next few weeks ...

As a result of the recent iCloud hacks on so-called 'celebrities' iCloud accounts, Tim Cook has officially stated that Apple it will be working to implement further security checks on its backend systems over the next few weeks.

News of the imminent changes were posted in the Wall Street Journal :-

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tim-...d-security-alerts-for-icloud-users-1409880977

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if these changes effect iMessage .....

Have any of you enabled 2 step authentication yet ?

Since its primary feature is to prevent hacked/cloned devices from accessing your Appel ID I'm wondering if enabling this would help us to avoid the iMessage alert with the customer code ?

As always any feed back is always welcome
Cheers
Jay

I got the call Apple to Authenticate message. I called Apple the guy on the phone said he had seen this before but not in a log time. They helped me and re-enabled my account. I booted up and logged in without issue. iMessage worked fine. Shut down for the night and rebooted the next day. Then I guess I got greedy and decided to also log in to Face Time. Upon logging into FaceTime it took my login and asked me which email addresses I wanted to receive calls from I selected them and clicked next. It started thinking and then kicked me back to the login box. It also immediately then kicked me out of iMessage. Attemtpting to log back in to iMessage immediately gave me the call to complete authentication.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My second call to Apple did not go as easy as the first. That operator wanted to call back and insisted she could not help me if I was not in front of my computer. I had already been on hold for some time and told her if someone was going to call me back make sure it was the person I spoke with the day before as he was actually helpful and had no issue helping whether I was in front of my computer or not. Suddenly she was able to assist me and gave it one last effort. Not logging back into iMessage until i see how all this pans out.

^^^cliffg... a few pages back I wrote the same experience you had:

I guess I jinxed myself! Launched iMessage today and all contacts are in red. I tried to log in and now get the "Customer Code" window... Guess I gotta call Apple.

iMessage was working fine for months, but last night I tried to sign into FaceTime for the first time and after I signed in and clicked on the "Next" tab it would sign me out. This is the first time I ever signed into FaceTime so I wonder if that triggered blocking iMessage.

I haven't had the time to work on it.

@homerunman106, @John V, @vashavoc,

If you get the alert to contact Apple with a customer code again even after having successfully contacting Apple once or twice before and getting them to remove the lockout then it's possible you still have issues with your MLB and/or ROM values being persistent. I've amended step 5d to highlight this issue. Please re-read step 5d and try again.
Cheers
Jay

Jay,

I checked the Time Machine "Extra" folder files from last week, when iMessage was working, and all files match todays files.

Should I start from scratch? I'm using MacPro3,1 so I'm thinking about changing that first to match my hardware. Right now my serial is only 11 digits and it should be 12 correct?

Thanks!

John

Back