Contribute
Register
I'm having the same problem but I'm stuck at the guide. My iMessages works fine on my macbook and my phone/ipad but not the hackintosh.

I have a mobo that has the SId bug as my texts are in red. I deleted the files it told me and rebooted and nothing so I'm onto the step where I've installed Chimera and now I need to use text wrangler. Here is where I'm lost:

Open org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra using TextWrangler or other editor and check if the following exists:-
Code:
<key>SystemId</key>
<string>********-****-****-****-************</string>
If this key and string value are present then please remove both items and save the file, it can interfere with the injection of your new UUID in the next step.
Open yor SMBIOS.plist in /Extra add the following code if necessary:
Code:
<key>SMsystemuuid</key>
<string>********-****-****-****-************</string>

I have text wrangler open but how do I open org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder when I can't even get there?

I just tried contacting apple support. But I gave them the serial of a macbook I had. We were getting no where. Apparently in his document it wanted to check if the serial numbers matched. I then gave him the serial of the hackintosh. At that point he said I would have to take it in.

Guess I burnt the bridge too soon :thumbdown:
Call again and see if you get someone else.

Hi, I'm trying to fix iMessage for several days now but I can't get it to work. I've tried the guide as described. I'm running Chimera 3.0.1 and tried FileNVRAM 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. My problem is that iMessage debug shows a failed status on ROM and MLB and the <00....>. If I try to manually inject the values they will be applied until reboot. After reboot I get the failed status again. An other problem is that the NVRAM.uuid.plist does not get generated.

BTW: I installed the chimera boot loader on EFI partition.

Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Edit: Nevermind. Solved my problem.

Hi, I'm trying to fix iMessage for several days now but I can't get it to work. I've tried the guide as described. I'm running Chimera 3.0.1 and tried FileNVRAM 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. My problem is that iMessage debug shows a failed status on ROM and MLB and the <00....>. If I try to manually inject the values they will be applied until reboot. After reboot I get the failed status again. An other problem is that the NVRAM.uuid.plist does not get generated.

Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Edit: Nevermind. Solved my problem.

How did you solve it??

How did you solve it??

@chang358 & @Sabin1936,

The issue of FileNVRAM not working when using the EFI Partition for your boot-loader is covered in Part 1 of the Guide:-

Please see Step 5c note 2.

Cheers
Jay

I'm having the same problem but I'm stuck at the guide. My iMessages works fine on my macbook and my phone/ipad but not the hackintosh.

I have a mobo that has the SId bug as my texts are in red. I deleted the files it told me and rebooted and nothing so I'm onto the step where I've installed Chimera and now I need to use text wrangler.

I have text wrangler open but how do I open org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder when I can't even get there?

@elvtnedge,

On a standard Chimera/Chameleon install The /Extra folder will be in the root of your startup drive. If you are using a Apple Raid or Fusion Drive for your Startup drive then the /Extra folder will be on the helper partition so you will have to manually mount it using terminal:- (diskutil mount diskXs3) replace X with the correct drive id.

If you are using clover then there will be no /Extra folder - it uses its own configuration system.

Some users boot from a USB either by accident or by choice, if your using USB and don't want to install the Boot-Loader to a system drive then the /Extra folder will be hidden in the root of the USB. Use 'Show All Files' and navigate to the root of your USB.

Before making any alterations check that your system really does have the SId bug by checking the value of SM UUID in the IO Reg as detailed in Part2 of the guide, just because contact show up in red does not prove 100% your mobo has SId Bug.

To edit the plists in /Extra just navigate there using finder, right click on the file you want to edit and open with TextWrangler, when you start to edit it may ask you for your admin password.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

It is as jay monkey said due to the boot loader on the EFI partition.

What I did was as following:

-Mount the EFI partition with EFI mounter
-copy the FileNVRAM file in the /Extra folder of the EFI partition
-reboot

After this procedure I got the "contact apple message". Just called them and now I can log in successfully.

Edit: I personally wouldn't do the fix "part 1 step 4 Update August 2014". Since I deleted the Messages folder and the security files, I were not abled to create new accounts in messages and the windows next to the account list just disappeared. Luckily I backed up the files so I could easily restore them. Now I could create new accounts in messages (i.e. gmail).

Is it possible to get iMessages to work without an iOS device? I can't send messages to phone numbers.

I upgraded from Mountain Lion 10.8.2 to Mavericks 10.9.0, & then up to 10.9.4 the other day. Using Chameleon 2.2svn bootloader. (My SMBIOS.plist & serial number were changed during this).

My iMessage App had been working for well over a year on Mountain Lion without any issues, since I applied the Modules / FileNVRAM fix, and I knew upgrading to Mavericks would require a reapplication of the fix.
But I've since had trouble trying to get it working again now. And along with everyone else, I'd tried absolutely everything, short of attempting Clover bootloader or actually calling Apple.

So about 15 minutes ago, I decided to give it a shot & call their support (Apple Care Australia, 1300-321-456).

The assistant asked for my first & last name, & a phone number in-case the call is disconnected.
He then asked what the problem was, to which I advised that my Messages App was no longer working on my "Mac". I provided the Customer Code which was showing in the Messages log-in error window.
He asked for the serial number of my Mac, & I read out what was listed in my SMBIOS.plist.
It took him a moment, but then he asked me to reconfirm the serial. And then reported that for some reason, it wasn't showing on the system.
He asked me for my email address, & then shortly after asked to confirm that it was a Mac I was calling about, & not my MacBook Pro, which he did have listed. I confirmed that it was a 2008 Mac Pro, and that the Messages App hadn't been working properly for a couple of weeks now & won't let me sign in, even though I know that I am using the correct username & password.
He said that he knows another work-around, & put me on hold for about 4 - 5 minutes.
When he answered again, he advised that he'd done everything that he needed to do on his end, & asked me to try login again.
Sure enough, I logged in straight away!

I sent a few messages to confirm that it was working, then restarted, & everything appears to be fine! :thumbup:

Huge thanks to jaymonkey & everyone who contributed to the original post / guide!

EDIT: Just to confirm a few things here & to hopefully help others out -
- This Hackintosh was originally built & setup around late 2012 / early 2013, using Chameleon bootloader.
- A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Mavericks, & did not touch the bootloader at all. I didn't need to.
- iMessage was simply reporting that an error occured & that I couldn't be logged in.
- Then, all I added to my Extra folder was the Modules folder & the FileNVRAM v1.1.3 files.
- The NVram file was created on reboot, & then I was getting the "Contact Customer Support" error.
- A simple call to Apple, pass on SMBIOS serial, fixed!

using clover, imessage_debug, sudo nvram -xp

i have 2 HD
first and main : FaceTime and iMessage used to work before ;)
2nd HD : FaceTime and iMessage is OK

can someone tell me how to make it work again on 1st HD
with out generating new serial

other issue may be linked
one 1st HD
sudo nvram -d efi-boot-device (deleting) is Ok but after reboot efi-boot-device are back and obviously are corrupt

adding
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=xxxxxx (17 digits)
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=0031dd81fc05
does not work, they don't appear by using sudo nvram -xp

How can i force nvram (sudo nvram -xp) to be saved and to be used by clover

i know sudo nvram -xp > /nvram.plist but /nvram.plist is not equal to sudo nvram -xp after reboot

thanks for help u'll provide :)

@chang358 & @Sabin1936,

The issue of FileNVRAM not working when using the EFI Partition for your boot-loader is covered in Part 1 of the Guide:-

Please see Step 5c note 2.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay, thanks for responding.

Step 5c Note 2 is about putting your /Extra dir on the EFI partition, which I have not done. However, I did notice on investigation that the nvram.plist is set with these permissions:

-r-------- 1 root staff

What confuses me about this is: after setting the ROM value using sudo nvram I checked the plist file and it had indeed changed despite its permissions, but when I restarted it had changed back. I verified this twice. Do you think the permissions are truly at fault?

Back