Contribute
Register
Hey All - Also would like to add that I did try the resolution steps in Post #1 but did not work. I eventually settled and contacted Apple Support and got the issue resolved. I'd like to share my results:

Called support and explained issue, they asked me to log out of iCloud and then log back in as sometimes it just needs a simple refresh. This did not work for me. I then provided my Apple ID and Customer Support code given in the error message. They saw that there was a registration block on my ID due to an IP conflict where my machine must have grabbed a new IP and Apple blocked it thinking someone else was trying to use my ID (weird). They removed the registration block and asked me to sign in again...boom! iMessage & FaceTime functionality restored! I also asked if they could send me a note explaining the issues in the even this happens again, I would know what the issue was and can ask them to check for a block.

"...Your support Advisor has a follow-up message for you.
Hi,
So today you were having a little issue where your messages and FaceTime would not let you sign in due to a ip conflict. It was displaying an error code. You provided this code to me and I was able to lift the block off your account. Feel free to contact us in the future if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!..."

Although I had success this way, I'd still recommend going thru the steps outlined in this thread first and use this method as a last resort.

If anyone else has success in getting this restored, please share your results as well as this will better assist others in the community.

Called Apple Support and got it fixed

Just wanted to share my experience here. I went through every step of the guide, parts 1 and 2, but couldn't rid myself of the "Error with Activation" message. Finally, I used the iMessage debug tool and found that my ROM value was all zeros. I injected the MAC address of my en0 ethernet device using the steps outlined in 5d, rebooted, and found that the error message had changed to call apple.

When they asked for my serial code, I told them I was away from home, but I have an older macbook pro so the support agent looked up my account and asked me if I was having the problem with my macbook pro. I believe the only reason they need the SN is to check whether the warranty is still valid, because as soon as I told her that the problem was with the macbook pro, she said it was no longer under warranty but she would still try to help. From there onwards, she asked a couple security questions and verified my apple id, took the block off, and voila, iMessage logs in perfectly on my hackintosh.

TLDR: Don't be scared to call Apple if you have some real apple devices alongside your hackintosh.

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to say that I too had the "Call customer support with the validation code" error after trying the steps on this guide. It seems that when I migrated my mother's Macbook info (profile, but not system settings or any thing that would affect the boot-up. (I know because I double checked how to do this from real mac to hack)) the Apple server recorded a change of address or something. They thought it was a security issue and put a block on it. After 5 minutes on the phone I had the block removed and messages was working properly. I haven't tried FaceTime, but I think its probably safe to assume it will work as well.

So, I am thankful for this blog and the knowledgable members who do such great detective work in figuring out issues such as these!

Cheers!
J

I just done step 7 and now when I sign into iMessage I get the "Your Apple ID "my e-mail address" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." error with a customer code. But in the UK it is sunday today and tomorrow is bank holiday which means I have to wait till tuesday :(

I have been fighting with iMessage on my Hackintosh for days. I got home from a vacation and switched my iPhone to an older one, and after that, all my contacts turned red and it wouldn't let me sign in, saying:

"Could not sign into iMessage

An error occurred during activation. Try again."

It had been working for over a year without issue until now.

I went through the above guide, trying absolutely everything until I finally noticed that when I ran imessage_debug, I had a weird ROM value:
4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <00000000 00000000 00000000 00>

I then went to mess with my BIOS settings, which turned out to be a bad idea, so I ended up manually adding a value with the command:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=c82a14xx
the last value being the MAC address of my Ethernet.

It appears that this has fixed it, more or less.

Currently I'm locked out though, with the Customer Code, waiting for a call back from Apple. I gave them the serial number of a real MacBook of mine, so hopefully they can sort this out!

It's working!

I received a callback from AppleCare this morning, and they made me sign into appleid.apple.com and generate a support PIN. After that, they were able to use the ID from the new iMessage error to remove the block from my account and now everything is working again!

If you dont want to call just do an online chat with apple and they will unblock it for you.

As with other folks here, spent days trying "all" the steps in Part1 with no resolution. Had to finally manually inject the en0 mac address in for ROM value. Then the infamous "call apple" code reared its head.

So, I called them today and did a voice prompt for "MacPro" then had to go through the first layer of support that did not how or what the deal was. Second Tier of support had me on hold for about 5 mins and ask some security questions and presto, it was fixed. Finally.

Oh, by the way. I told them the SN of my hack-tosh and moved right along, they just couldn't locate it in their system. :D

So as I posted previously, I called apple support got my issue resolved. However, I then tried facetime and it broke imessage and facetime never logged in. I assume there was some conflict between the two settings as I had deleted all the files in step 4, but maybe there are some plists for facetime? Anyone know if I need to reset facetime somehow before calling apple again?

I just tried contacting apple support. But I gave them the serial of a macbook I had. We were getting no where. Apparently in his document it wanted to check if the serial numbers matched. I then gave him the serial of the hackintosh. At that point he said I would have to take it in.

Guess I burnt the bridge too soon :thumbdown:

Back