Contribute
Register
Wanted to post my experience in here. I installed the itunes update on august 8th and my imessage ceased working after my first shutdown/power back on. After trying all fixes listed at the start of this thread I still had no success. I restored (via TimeMachine) to August 7th (day before installing update) and than simply re-injected the UUID as stated in part 1 of this guide and it is now working again. Certainly seems like the itunes update is the culprit here....

if there is any additional information i can provide to help please let me know, i will check back periodically.

Wanted to post my experience in here. I installed the itunes update on august 8th and my imessage ceased working after my first shutdown/power back on. After trying all fixes listed at the start of this thread I still had no success. I restored (via TimeMachine) to August 7th (day before installing update) and than simply re-injected the UUID as stated in part 1 of this guide and it is now working again. Certainly seems like the itunes update is the culprit here....

@aberberich,

Thanks for posting your feedback, this mirrors my findings on two of my systems, both of which i was able to restore to a backup made before installing the iTunes update and iMessage is working again on both.

As an experiment I have just installed the iTunes 11.3.1 update on a working iMessage system, after installing the update i ran iTunes and went in to my iTunes account. So far i've done a few re-boots and two full power downs/restarts, at the moment iMessage is still working. Will continue to monitor and report if and when it fails.

Cheers
Jay

Wonder what it could be. I've got the update, signed in, restart, cold boot, everything and still have it working. Could it be a sys def issue?

@Wolfie81,

Don't think its a sys-def issue, I have four machines here, all on OSX 10.9.3 - Chimera 3.0.1 & FileNVRAM 1.1.3, three use iMAC13,1 the other is MacBookPro 8,3. iMessage stopped working on the 8,3 and one of the 13,1 systems the other two are unaffected ??? . A Time Machine restore to before installing iTunes 11.3.1 sorted out the 8,3 - just trying the same on the other non working 13,1 (GA-7ZZ-UD5H)

Cheers
jay

GA-7ZZ-UD5H

You really had me puzzled there for a minute until I realized that it's just a typo of "GA-Z77-UD5H".

I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI with an i5 and I have the iMessage problem, but I haven't had time yet to go back to iTunes 11.3 from my Time Machine backup.

A good friend of mine has a GA-Z87X-UD3H with an i7 CPU and has no iMessage problem in Mac OS X 10.9.4 and he has iTunes 11.3.1 installed since Aug 8, 2014.

You really had me puzzled there for a minute until I realized that it's just a typo of "GA-Z77-UD5H".

I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI with an i5 and I have the iMessage problem, but I haven't had time yet to go back to iTunes 11.3 from my Time Machine backup.

A good friend of mine has a GA-Z87X-UD3H with an i7 CPU and has no iMessage problem in Mac OS X 10.9.4 and he has iTunes 11.3.1 installed since Aug 8, 2014.

I can confirm that the problem also occurs with GA-Z87X-UD3H.

I have GA-Z87X-UD3H with i5 4670K and iMessage stopped working yesterday.

Had the same issue after iTunes update. Got it working by doing the following:

Confirmed all details on apple account (new credit card), deleted nvram.plist in extra folder, used fileNVRAM.dylib (1.1.2) as i have chimera 2.2.1 installed.

Great work Eco, I can confirm this worked for me as well!!!

My mobo is GA-EP45T-UD3LR.

I simply moved that nvmram.plist file as well as my old FileNVRAM.dylib to a folder marked "Unused" in my extra folder, downloaded the latest FileNVRAM.dylib from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286350-filenvram-112-released/ (searching for fileNVRAM.dylib (1.1.2)) and it worked!!!

Furthermore my imessage/facetime did too stop working after installing the latest iTunes... I had to google it to realize that was the culprit however. :)

Back