Contribute
Register
Stupid question i know, but is it enough to copy the libary folder to an external drive and then paste it after reinstall ^^.

@enomis92

That should work but much better to use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) and select just the 'Library folder, that way can keep sequential saves before you make any changes ....

Cheers
Jay

SO I had my imessages randomly stopped working today. It happened after I logged out of imessage on my ipad and logged back in. Now when I log-in to imessage, it just gives me an error. Tried calling apple and they couldn't fix it either. The closest I was able to get was having imessage ask for my password, I enter it, and its fine. I go to preferences, then accounts, the account is there, but it says inactive. However, It is signed in - and all the accounts are there below it. But still shows inactive. Any ideas?

SO I had my imessages randomly stopped working today. It happened after I logged out of imessage on my ipad and logged back in. Now when I log-in to imessage, it just gives me an error. Tried calling apple and they couldn't fix it either. The closest I was able to get was having imessage ask for my password, I enter it, and its fine. I go to preferences, then accounts, the account is there, but it says inactive. However, It is signed in - and all the accounts are there below it. But still shows inactive. Any ideas?

@clickclickw00t

Have you read the guide ...... ?

If iMessage was working ok and your sure nothing has changed then I would try resetting iMessage by removing all setup info and data (Step 3), also reset virtual nvram by deleting 'nvram.uuid.plist' in /Extra (see note in Step 6) .. you have't posted any information on your system hardware, OSX version, boot-loader, FileNVRAM .. etc so its difficult to diagnose any further. Try updating to OSX 10.9.3, Chimera 3.0.1, FileNVRAM 1.1.3 if not done so already. Read guide for tips on updating Chimera & FileNVRAM.

Cheers
Jay

i've fix it running the last boot loader in multi beast and i've changed the definition to iMac 12,2 now it's working perfect FaceTime and iMessage

So I had my imessages randomly stopped working today. It happened after I logged out of imessage on my ipad and logged back in. Now when I log-in to imessage, it just gives me an error. Tried calling apple and they couldn't fix it either. The closest I was able to get was having imessage ask for my password, I enter it, and its fine. I go to preferences, then accounts, the account is there, but it says inactive. However, It is signed in - and all the accounts are there below it. But still shows inactive. Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me recently, my Messages stopped working randomly (although I didn't mess with any of my iOS devices/iMessage).

I haven't visited this thread in awhile because iMessages was working smoothly. Looking at the new guide Part 2, it seems like no matter what I do, the "nvram.UUID.plist" file does not match the UUID I generated via "uuidgen" command line (which is inserted into my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist")

I've tried deleting it in Safe Mode and Single User mode, and re-generated it using sudo nvram boot-args="". Every time it gets created, it still doesn't match the UUID I generated in Terminal.

Running 10.8.5, Chimera v2.2.1, using the FileNVRAM that was auto-installed using Multibeast (I believe 1.1.2).

Note: iMessage stopped working randomly, I didn't mess with any hardware or software configs, etc. I can sign in, but everything remains "Inactive" and ticking the "Enable this account" does nothing. Any suggestions besides upgrading to Mavericks?

Hi Jay, thank you very much for taking the time out to help everyone with this! I followed your steps and I am still stuck with my imessage saying this contact is not an imessage contact in red. I have an Asrock motherboard so i figured it was the Sid bug. I went through your process and it is still not working. i took an updated screenshot of my system ID and this is what it looks like.. is this how it should look?
Vinny’s_Mac_Pro_-_IODeviceTree_-_platform.png

Works for me! I just fixed it using this guide! Thanx!! :D

Its not working I try your guide ple help
I have 10.9.3 with Ethernet:en0
Belkin Wireless Adapter:en2 I use this
without nv file Could not sign in to iMessage.
with nvfile call apple with code

This worked for me I may have been the victim of th SID bug what modifying th nvram plist activated iMessages.

SOLVED

so what you actually need is mlb and mac address ethernet (off course ethernet must be en 0) from registered device or hardware on apple server, try this and i hope it will solve your iMessage login issue, except for amd machine, i don't know how it works

if you're using clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI's folder
1. open clover configurator
2. goto Rt Variables section, put MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM value = UEZdNpmp
3. goto SMBIOS section, put SmUUID value =
9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9
4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is
nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)
1. open terminal
2. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
3. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9
or alternatively you can manually edit file above with text editor (I'm using PlistEditor) and change MLB value (without quote) = "
QzAySzc0MzhEUlZDTjFTNUE=" and ROM value (without quote) = "UEZdNpmp"
4. and then reboot

if you need more help you can contact me at [email protected] or my Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ye3san

Back