Contribute
Register
Yes I have been using PayPal as the iTunes payment method for a number of years... and iMessage has been working thanks to this excellent guide!

@John V

Cool, i didn't know that, I'll add it as a tip to try in step 1 instead of using a Credit Card ..

Cheers
Jay

Hey,

I've updated my hackintosh from ML to Mavericks and the result is that my iMessage doesn't work anymore. I get the altert:

Your Apple ID [email protected] can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code: ####-####-####

altought I've done the hole tutorial including creating a new apple id and fixing the SId Bug....but at all I am still getting the same alert :(

What possibilies do I have???

I 've read the guide but I thought I have the possibility just to create a new Apple ID. So my only way is call Apple?
What shall I tell them?

I 've read the guide but I thought I have the possibility just to create a new Apple ID. So my only way is call Apple?
What shall I tell them?
I got them to activate the device that that code was generated for. They were asking me the SN, I think I told them that I'm not at my Mac at that moment.

What else could I tell them?
And I found out when I want to buy a free App in the AppStore I have to accept the purchase but it says it's for free.... is that normal?

It can work on my machine with 10.9.2,

But While I change the account(apple id ) to another , Messages give me a error information like blow

any solution ? (btw, I can use the two accounts on a real mac, but on hackintosh , I just can use one
)

Your Apple ID [email protected] can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code: ####-####-####

Now, got the reason, it's about
registering a credit card against your Apple ID

Thanks

After adding the filenvrm... my hackintosh won´t boot.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-06-11 um 12.56.45.png

I have this files in my modules folder. What can I do that it will boot normally.

After adding the filenvrm... my hackintosh won´t boot.

View attachment 95697

I have this files in my modules folder. What can I do that it will boot normally.

@enomis92

You should be able to boot using your Unibeast USB stick ....

Did you use the version of FileNVRAM in the guides attachment or download the new version as detailed in Note 4 os Step 5C:-

4. The version of FileNVRam.dynib included in the modules attachment of this guide is V1.1.2 this version is recommend for all Chimera Versions up-to 2.2.1. If you are using Chimera Version 3.0 or later then TonyMacx86 recommends that you use version 1.1.3 of FileNVRAM which you can download directly from this link, download and unzip the archive, you only need the file called 'FileNVRAM.dynlib' copy and paste it in the /Extra/modules folder, delete the old version first if already there.

I see you have HDAEnabler.dynlib in your modules folder so you must be using Chimera version 3.0 or later in which case you should be using FileNVRAM V.1.1.3

Cheers
Jay

What shall I tell them?

@plyzico

It seems to depend on the type of lock-out on you account, for some it seems to be device dependant and for other it seems to be AppleID dependant, I'm still trying to figure that bit which is why its important to send feedback after each attempt at calling Apple.

As @Icezar suggests above, if they ask for your S/N, just say you haven't got a clue and your away from your MAC .....

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Back