Contribute
Register
Might be a stupid response, but did you try booting with

-f

So after about a week, I finally have iMessage working! Woo Hoo!

So the brief answer after having gone over and over and over the guide, it turned out that my system drive was NOT /dev/disk0! When I installed my new drive, I connected it to the second Sata 3 port. This meant that in the system saw it as /dev/disk1 as opposed to the original drives assignment of /dev/disk0. I disconnected the other drive, booted, the system configured the drive as /dev/disk0 and I now have iMessage after going through the whole guide yet again!

Booyah!

PS, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work Jay.

Hey

I followed the guide but if i paste the filenvram in the folder modules and restart my PC it don't boot.

Have anyone an idea what i can do?

I had a similar problem, the issue is that all of the files in /Extra/modules are loaded regardless of file name. So you only want the files in there that you need. Which should be no more than 3 if using Chimera 3, or 2 if using older Chimera.

FileNVRAM.dylib and Keylayout.dylib, And a HDAenabler(not sure on the spelling as I don't need that last one.)

Hi,
I still get the message that I have to contact Apple. Also did the whole procedure before creating a new Apple-ID.

@br0nk0

If you get the alert message with a customer code and requesting you to contact Apple then I'm afraid the only way forward (if you want to keep your Apple ID) is to contact Apple. You have resolved the issue on your Hack but your account has been flagged in Apple's database (too many S/N or UUID changes), So far everyone on this thread who has had to contact Apple reported that it was straight forward and not a problem (with one exception) ...

If you really don't want to contact Apple then the only other way forward as far as i'm aware is to generate a brand New UUID & S/N then create a new AppleID, Read Step-8 in Part 2 of the guide for more details on the UUID lockout issue.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

So after about a week, I finally have iMessage working! Woo Hoo!

So the brief answer after having gone over and over and over the guide, it turned out that my system drive was NOT /dev/disk0! When I installed my new drive, I connected it to the second Sata 3 port. This meant that in the system saw it as /dev/disk1 as opposed to the original drives assignment of /dev/disk0. I disconnected the other drive, booted, the system configured the drive as /dev/disk0 and I now have iMessage after going through the whole guide yet again!

Booyah!

PS, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work Jay.

@Shiitaki

Glad you finally got iMessage working, Yes i've read reports form others who said that things didn't work until they got the OSX Startup drive to be assigned as /dev/disk0. I have to admit I've been a bit skeptical of this suggestion and put it down to coincidence but if you think that this was your issue then I will add the tip to the main guide.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Jay

OSX 10.10.0 and IOS 8 - iMessage Updates

Now that Apple have revealed the new iMessage features coming to OSX and IOS in Mondays WWDC, we may soon see new issues with iMessage on our Hacks. Some of the new features such as the ability to SMS form OSX to any phone number via your iPhone and drag and drop picture messaging via iMessage are going to be totally awesome and will make iMessage even more useful but these features are going to involve extensive updates to both Apples message relay servers and the client software.

At this stage I expect that the Beta OSX and IOS releases will be going through development servers but once it rolls out we may see new iMessage issues cropping up. I could be wrong and everything could continue to work as is but based on previous updates to Apples messaging eco system I some how doubt that will be the case.

This is just food for thought for you all at the moment, unfortunately I own iPhone 4 which is not going to be supported by IOS 8 so for the moment I will be unable to test the beta features. If anybody who is following this thread gets the chance to try the beta OSX 10.10 & IOS 8 and has any feedback on the current state of iMessage please post.

Cheers All
Jay

Hey

I followed the guide but if i paste the filenvram in the folder modules and restart my PC it don't boot.

Have anyone an idea what i can do?

@enomis92

If your installing FileNVRAM V1.1.3, be sure that you only copy 'FileNVRAM.dynlib' to your modules folder, if you copy any of the other files even the 'readme' file it can cause the lockup at boot. Try to keep the number of 3rd party Modules to a minimum.

Cheers
Jay

So after finally calling Apple with an invalid S/N, they pondered on that for a while until I told them that iMessage wouldn't work on my MacBook Pro and I kept getting a validation code telling me to call. I'm pretty sure they just unregistered iMessage on my AppleID and re-registered it. (I was sent a code to my phone that I had to repeat back to them). They never asked for the validation code even when I asked if they needed it at the end, they just said it will all work fine.

So I hung up and checked my mackintosh iMessage and it logged in, but all my contacts appeared in red and I had to log in again, and it still gives me the activation code telling me to call them. So, should I wait and call back later and try to get someone else? That's pretty much my only option I think. I was also wondering what would happen if I changed my S/N to a valid MacBook Pro with coverage still active.. Would it be easier to talk to them and get iMessage activated again you think?

Also, I noticed after getting off the phone, I went to self solve.apple.com and put in my invalid S/N, and now it shows a MacBook Pro, but needs me to validate the purchase date for my coverage. Before, the S/N just said it was invalid. I'm not going to mess with the purchase date or anything for now. Just thought I'd share my experience here.

Back