Contribute
Register
Works like charm :headbang:
I completed steps 2 thru 4 (my network devices were ok).

Many thanks, Ron.

Hello all.
Have banged my head against all the walls with little success. The following is a screen grab from Console each time I try to log in to Messages. Is there anything here that points to a possible solution

console.jpg

In anticipation

P

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

Thank-you - I tried the other methods and this is the only one that worked for me in Mavericks! Thanks again!

Thanks loads i have tried everything…. but this worked a treat……...:clap::clap::clap:

Hello all.
Have banged my head against all the walls with little success. The following is a screen grab from Console each time I try to log in to Messages. Is there anything here that points to a possible solution

View attachment 73725

In anticipation

P

Just migrated Mavericks to an internal boot/drive as I had given up on Messages ever functioning and lo and behold there it is working :crazy:. Although my machine works 99.8%, its that extra 0.1% that tends to bring the most reward! (there is another 0.1% that doesn't work but I haven't found it yet!) If only I knew what to do the next time!
Aside from that I'm sure it was something in these forums that helped it on its way.

Thanks to all contributors.

- - - Updated - - -

Hummm... thats a new one.

In all my attempts i never saw that message
Are you sure that it is a valid apple id and that its associated with an iphone ?

Cheers
Jay

i've got same error. except that my appleid is associated with few real apple devices (iOS, macs). app store, icloud and everything else works except imessages. it worked on 10.8.x with nvram fix

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.[/QUOTE]

this finally worked except i must use filenvram (1.1.2 currently, didn't tried 1.1.3)
thanks a lot

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

6. hit save.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

this one worked for me also

Back