Contribute
Register
Worked for me with the modules.zip after an upgrade install of Mavericks. Thanks!!

THANKS!!!!!!

Worked for my Mavericks machine GA-Z68-D3H-B3 with app store already working.

No Success

I get the same problem as this guy...

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code: 9926-xxxx-xxxx

I have tried both of these files (1.1.2 and 1.1.3) neither worked even after deleting the generated file in /Extra, tried resetting Apple ID password numerous times, tried using Chameleon Wizard to generate new serial numbers (that are valid), Ethernet Built In is set to Yes, BSD name is en0, even tried using MultiBeast to reapply everything... so far nothing has worked.

I should also note this is not on my P8P67 Deluxe (it works fine with version 1.1.2), but this is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.. I can login to iCloud with it no problem, just not iMessages.... if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

I should also note this is not on my P8P67 Deluxe (it works fine with version 1.1.2), but this is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.. I can login to iCloud with it no problem, just not iMessages.... if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Did you try this :-

If all else fails : Last Resort

I've never had to try this but it may help ?

Good Luck
Jay

Well I've tried everything

Re-formatted, still can't get it working, getting fed up!!!!

Despite lots of success it would seem there are a few of you still having problems.

For me and everyone I know who have used it, the guide pretty much solves the problem, that said every HackingTosh is unique in some way so its quite possible there are other issues out there that stop iMessage and or iCloud / AppStore from working, personally I think its quite astonishing that we are able to run OSX as well as can given that there is no official support from Appel (although I am beginning to question that with the recent free release of OSX Mavericks) but thanks to an ever increasing HackingTosh community we can, and in the end what better praise can Apple have for its OS ?

So to those of you that have tried everything in the guide and read though the thread this far, if it was me, what would I do ?

1. Have you checked to see if there is an updated BIOS for your motherboard ?, especially if its a Gigaybyte as they do something a little bit different with their boards/bios that makes them so OSX compliant (its to do with the Native DSDT presented by the BIOS to the OS). Even if your using another manufacture's board, and there is an updated BIOS available, i would definitely try that on a clean build.

2. If your not using a DSDT maybe you should consider making one ?, it can make a massive difference to how well your system runs OSX, there are plenty of guides on how to do it, but i would personally recommend Rehabman's guides and tools, despite being primarily written for HP BroBook users, I think this guide is actually one of the easiest to follow and he has a lot of tools and DSDT edits that you can use to get a basic DSDT working, go here first and read his guide on how to extract a native DSDT, then goto his github repositories here to get his patching tools and DSDT edits. Sure this is not for the total novice, but if you want to learn this is where i would go (i did).

3. If you are using a DSDT, have you updated the BIOS or added/removed any hardware, memory or updated the CPU on the motherboard ? If your using a laptop have you swapped out the wifi card ?, if so this can cause problems with your existing DSDT in which case you should re-generate a native DSDT and check for differences against the one you are currently using. Small differences can cause strange problems. A very common way this situation can happen is if the DSDT you are using was NOT generated on YOUR system, even the smallest hardware difference can cause cascading problems in the DSDT like invalid memory addresses and registers.

4. You could try disabling all the onboard ethernet port(s) and install a cheap PCIE ethernet card or alternative network interface that is natively supported by OSX. Try that on a clean install, for those of you using a DSDT be sure to check and implement any differences.

If you've got this far and things still aren't working for you then I'm sorry this thread hasn't worked for you, but it does seem to have helped a lot of folks. It would seem iMessage can be one of finicky things that is super sensitive to not running on Apple hardware. Given that its tied in so closely with the Apple eco system and account security its amazing that we can get it to work at all. However if none of the above has helped you then I would start question some sort of problem with the account itself or some wired network issue like a strange MTU packet size .. or packet filter in yours or your ISP's router(S) .... maybe the NSA is watching you :lol: (Joke).

To those of you still searching I hope you find a solution as i know how frustrating it can be when your determined to sort something out like this, it can really gnaw away at you. If you do find something and its something that you think could help others, please post here and i'll include it in the main guide, maybe we can get it made a Sticky for future lost souls ....... sorry messages.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Did you try this :-

I've never had to try this but it may help ?

Good Luck
Jay

Yes, I got a numerous valid serial numbers on both Mac Pro 3,1 and Mac Mini 5,2 and neither worked. :(

Just wanted to update this: This appears to be a problem with the Apple ID account / email address. I just tried someone else's account and it works no problem. So I tried changing the Apple ID email address to a new address, then creating an ENTIRELY NEW Apple ID account with my original email address, and it STILL does not work. I signed in to the original account with the new email address, and iMessage worked for about 3 seconds and then it came up with the same message. I think Apple must be banning the email addresses maybe...? It wants you to call them with a reference number.

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

Awesome, you were exactly right about it having to be from a genuine Apple product! I just tried this on another working Hackintosh (with a different working iMessage account which I signed out of), but the account still wouldn't let me login. It still wanted me to call Apple with the error #.

Tried logging into the account on an iPhone (to switch accounts on iPhone in iMessage: Settings>Messages>Receive At, tap the Apple ID at the top, sign out, sign back in using the ID you want to use) and then after that it worked! Must reset the account...

Thanks for the suggestion! This will solve a few peoples problem I am sure :)

Back